Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Found 123 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great culture and people

People here are amazing and great to work with. I got so many free shift meals and tried so many different types fo food it was amazing! This was also one of the jobs I've had the longest with great opportunities.

It's a job

If retail is not your thing I wouldn't recommend not to mention you're usually not rewarded for your work... Just another job if you ask me but if you need to make money

A paycheck

The company is extremely disorganized in the technology area. Management states a pie-in-the-sky-vision, sounding fantastic...then the conference call ends and its back to reality. Middle management has no idea how to implement anything, no architecture, no software processes to follow, here is a business need...go fill in the blanks.No future here. Best to move on.

benefits

Loved the people

The people were great. Loved the flexibility of days off. The hours could be a pain. My property laid off a ton of people when the corona virus hit. It’s okay

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Low pay

Great work environment, but not many career advancements in Marketing

Marriott is an amazing employer, tons of awesome travel benefits, out of all the big hotel companies to work for, Marriott is the best. I wanted to develop my career in Marketing and unfortunately, there is not many opportunities to do that at a local level.

Fun place to work in the city

I worked at Denver Marriott City Center. It was a fun job and group of people. Easy to advance into other jobs. I started at a front desk guest service rep and ended as a recruiter in Human Resources.

Pros

Good people, easy work, tips to help guests to rooms

Cons

Early mornings

Fun place to work, people are great

The work culture is like a family.The managers care about the employees. Managers are always available to listen and work and home balance is important also respecting one anotherGreat compensation.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Na

Different experience

I've worked at 2 different Marriott properties. Both were completely different. The first being a Great experience and the second a horrible experience! The Marriott in Denver was Awesome, I loved my manager and the entire crew! The Marriott in California, just All Bad!

They care about their staff!

I was a seasonal worker that contracted Covid19. I had only been with the company for a month, and worked one shift! Marriott called me to advise me about "COVID-19 pay". I couldn't believe it. They directly deposited the pay and it literally saved me. I will never be able to say enough about how amazing Marriott International is as a employee focused employer.

Pros

Free lunch. (i.e.) Salmon & pasta, easy scheduling with flexibility. Wonderful work environment

Cons

None!

Awesome

Marriott was great, I learned so much while I was there. My favorite part was helping with continental breakfast. Management was amazing nas well as coworkers.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Being the first point of contact

I enjoy working at this company because I was the first point of contact and met different types of people on a daily basis. I assisted guest checking in or checking out of the hotel. Answer all questions in regards to places to visit or eat or simply questions in regards to the hotel. I also helped with directions to specific places.

Love!

I started my career here loved the leadership I had at the time and it helped me grow my career. I loved the time I worked there but don’t know how it is in the current state

team work

Job CultureManagement its very goodFor the money.It seems like a nice place to workgood time to work Because I know I can make a really good contribution.

It is a great company to grow a career in however, work life balance lacks.

At property level there is still opportunity for growth with Leadership. The company's expectations are for all managers to work 10 hours each day. Generally, expectations somewhat unrealistic with training rushed in a way that employees are not 100% prepared for their new role. It is a hit and miss overall.

Pros

Global company

Cons

Lacks work/life balance and underpaid.

Not your average Maintenance Job

Was not impressed with Management from other properties, To cut costs because of budget over costs no permanent Manager or Assistant Manager, Skeleton House Keeping Crews from Temporary Agencies. Property was in bad shape through the years because of neglected maintenance and lack of supplies do to budget constraints on maintenance. Another factor was maintenance was used as housekeeping from carpet cleaning to you name it instead of performing P.M.S. prevented maintenance,, maintenance, weeklies, quarterlies, semiannual and yearly's. .For Real Maintenance Supervisors and Skilled Technicians, Not a good fit

Buena

Es un buen hotel con calidad de limpieza y buen servicio al cliente

Pay sucks

All and all it's a good company with opportunity all over the world. How ever to get to that point you have to be there for at least a year. Which I understand but it's hard for them to keep employees that long because the pay is really bad.

Marriott International Inc. really sucks!

The worst managers ever and the worst work environment, compensation and the worst coworkers that you’ll ever have on this planet! I DON’T RECOMMEND Marriott International Inc!!!

I like the place. It has new energy. More traditional than most new hotels. Attract a lot of talent. Good luck. I mean it. Hard workers deserve their reward.

hard work to assist in the company’s success

Secure a challenging position in the restaurant industry that will utilize my skills, dedication, and hard work to assist in the company’s success. Assisted Students with computers and homework. Led field trips to local area attractions. Maintained computers in technology laboratory

Good Fun Fast paced Friendly Environment

Meeting new people from different states and Countries ..Management worked with you most times showing you proper care for customers. I learned new systems and new computer software..

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Denver, CO
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?