Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in El Paso, TX

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,216 reviews

Marriot is an exceptional company. I highly recommend working with them as you will love it. Amazing management, benefits , and they really do take care of their employees

Lots of opportunity

Put the work and you can advance great benefits, lots of hotels everywhere so you can also relocate, work all hours hotels do not close, open 365 days a year

Not a very good place to work.

The management is terrible unless she automatically likes you. She is demeaning and rude and she cant even be bothered to train her employees, you basically have to learn as you go along. But god forbid you make a mistake because she will hold it against you for as long as humanly possible. She is very adamant about having a “cheat sheet” to answer phone calls yet it doesn’t even say verbatim what she expects us to say. She is rude and unprofessional going as far as badmouthing you to other departments.

Pros

You get food during lunch.

Cons

Terrible management

More structured as opposed to other jobs I've had.

More of what the goals I have for my life, but if I had been given the choice to pass on the job, I would have. But for the most part, working there is actually one of the better jobs that I have had.

Very friendly hotel in the one i worked with, customers left the hotel satisfied because of the coworkers i had we're very friendly, very clean hotel, management is very professional.

Don't apply for this job as housekeeper😲

I started working here as a housekeeper in September through December 2018, let me tell you don't waste your time at all applying for this job, all they do is criticizes you how you look and they are some rude co-worker and working for the MARRIOTT they don't care about coworkers only when it comes to money for the guest. When you are assigned to clean rooms, they Rush you when the guests want the rooms clean right away especially when there's a check out too. November and December are the worst time to work there's no hours to put you or it's slow ,they only give hours to the sonority and if you're not sonority you only work one or two days out of the week ,you get very frustrated when you're not working.😲😬😵😱

Pros

Free lunch and drinks

Cons

half an hour to eat

As the Executive Administrative Assistant- I was in charge and assisted the catering department along with all other duties assigned. I kept inventory of the office supplies, prepared contractual agreements for future events. Assisted the General Manager with all secretarial duties.

productive

working at a hotel wasn't all fun and games, working as a banquet server and dishwasher had me constantly moving and constantly at work but it was a on call only since banquets were only sometimes a month

Pros

experience

Cons

needs more hours, full time needed

Good company, focused

No day like any other, always something new taking place. With many different departments working together to take care of the customer.

Pros

Everyone like part of family

Cons

Pay scale could be higher

Already Reviewed

I am not sure but it is requiring me to review this property again. It was a good place to begin and gave me the connections at an early age.

Meeting different people daily

Getting started early in the morning and getting ready for the customers to arrive. I learned how to make lattes and that hard at first but after you do them over and over became easier. Management was great,and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i got to meet on daily basis.

Pros

Fun atomsphere

Cons

part time only

Really great work environment.

A typical day would be receiving, issuing, and logging in department keys. Receiving, logging, and distributing inbound and outbound packages. We worked really close with companies like UPS, FEDEX, AIRBORNE Freight. We monitored CC cameras as well as making foot patrols, We were first responders to any incident on the property. Our job included writing and logging incident reports. We would track hotel keys and locks. We would track a key and lock and after 6 months, we would replace the lock on the hotel room, replace the corresponding key at the front desk then log the new combination. I enjoyed the work environment as all associates worked well with everyone. Several employee incentives were in place to create a cooperative work environment. I gained a lot of PR experience since we had a lot of VIP guest on the property. I did learn hotel hospitality from management and from other associates.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

low pay

productive very busy enviroment.

The morning started checking the meeting and banquets rooms set ups, set up coffee breaks, greet the costumers, serve breakfast and coffee breaks supervise servers and house persons. After this we got ready to serve lunches and refresh meeting rooms. No other comments or complains on my part.

Pros

advansment

benefits

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • El Paso, TX