Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fort Worth, TX

Found 58 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Fair company

Working for Marriot is great, specifically The Worthington Renaissance for Toro Toro though, was a test of patience and willingness to put up with some bad ideas from management and the Owner group. A bit train wreck-ish right now. Good money though.

Pros

Money, location, benefits

Cons

Poor higher up management, constant changes, poor communication

Getting to know the guests

Since the pandemic our management staff has shown no interest in employees needs. Employees leave and venture into new jobs, because of managers leaving work load on staff and not feeling obligated to assist staff in completing work on a daily basis. Managers have tendency to set rules for employees to follow with exception of a couple of employees freely doing what they want, while management ignoring times like these as showing favoritism. Sometimes if it wasn't for our operations managers cheering us on, most of would have already left the hospitality industry.

Lack of care

New chef came in and said he didn't need any of us and one by one everybody either quit or got fired for something that didn't make any sense. Change is great but if you never take the time to work the station or ask the current person that works the station, on how it function you change will not help

Pros

Alot of hours

Cons

Lack of leadership and communication

Good company to work for

Decent pay, good benefits and culture. Depending on the size of the hotel, can be difficult to have a sense of comradery among the departments. Corporate have best interests in mind, but sometimes lose focus on what the actual day to day procedures that need to be done

productive

love my co worker the most, the benefits here are great at best, and their always room to move up within this company.The employee rate for rooms is great as well.

It’s good

The good about this company is that I have been working here for so long that I get to choose my hours in the mornings and I’m able to easily work here.

Always supportive, great diversity, competitive pay! I have loved this company since the first day. It says a lot about a company when half the people you meet at work have been there over 10 years!

Not a bad job. Just not well managed

It was very fun and it was a pleasure working there. The management could’ve been a bit better and more respectful. Could’ve been managed in a much better fashion

Great Place to Work - Feels Like Family

The typical day at work is like working with friends and family. The Management team is approachable and supportive. Employee ideas are respected and appreciated and if possible implemented

n/a

my experience working with them was awful. I had met the housekeeping supervisor and the first two days was ok cause i was in training and after that i would miss something and she started to use profanity at me and i tried to tell the hotel assistant manager and the hotel manager and they said that they would talk to her but they have talked to her alright but they really didnt do anything about it and it kept on happening and in my experience being a housekeeper and from watching housekeeping supervisor she does not need to be a supervisor and she was unprofessional

Typical Day at work.

Working within the hotel, you are given the chance to meet various business owners, interact with people in person as well as on the phone. You have the ability to travel at a good rate.

Good expanding company

I feel that there's a lot of growth within the company especially with the merger that just occurred last year. A lot of management and leadership roles have opened up.

Management makes a difference!

I've experienced 3 different managers in my time at this company one absolutely crazy, another passionate; another apathetic. My enjoyment of this company came through the passionate leader. I worked myself hard and knew the managers who appreciated me and the ones who could care less.

Overnight job with a good resting area with fresh fruit water for everyone

If there was more little things about having fresh fruit water and a nice clean area to wait is always good to have with some fresh fruit will make the guest feel like there welcomed once they come in and get treated with water and snacks before they check in.

Pros

The worker are the one that make it a better place and space to be welcomed at

Fast-Paced work environment with a lot of commitment necessary.

Marriott International is a great company to work for. There is a lot of opportunities to grow within the company, and many benefits as well. Typical work days are pretty relaxed, however, there is always something to do. Management is a key factor to success, having been through many managers within my carreer I have witnessed first hand how crucial a leader is. The everyday environment is very upbeat and positive, with dealing with people face to face there is no room for negativity. The hardest part is having to learn the breakdown of everything from billing and payments, to the basics of checking guests in. However, there is so many things to appreciate like getting all the good feedback and surveys from guests, to just getting to meet great people everyday. The job has taught me so many wonderful things such as social skills to hospitality, and teamwork. It is an overall amazing job, and I am glad I have had the opportunity to experience it.

Pros

Great benefits

great work place

management helps out when housekeeping or any other area needs help. management has a open door policy for any employee that has any issue or has personal problems

Marriott is great

Great benifits! It was a wonderful learning atmosphere. It was certainly a place that I had to learn how to think on my feet and I was empowered to make decisions without getting approval first (within reason). Marriott is certainly about making sure the guest is happy and the associates are happy as well.

Overall nice place and coworkers

While I do enjoy meeting and speaking with people. I preferred the overnight shift because there was less traffic and distractions and able to get more work done.

staff accoutant

I would review and reconcile accounts. Upload taxes etc. Management needs training as well as associates most difficult part of the job was the communication passed through departments.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

healthcare

Excellent company to work for.

Working in hotel industry can be stressful, but at the end of the day very fun and rewarding. Training is excellent, always meeting new people. Great benefits. The culture is family oriented. You take of your associates and they will take care of your guests.

Pros

great environment, discounts, travel

Amazing place to work

Not only is The Sheraton located in beautiful downtown Ft. Worth, but it's a gorgeous hotel as well. The staff there were all exceptional at what they did and made me feel at home.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Fort Worth, TX