Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Grapevine, TX

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Fun place to work and a dynamic environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a server at a hotel restaurant. The restaurant and company culture are all what somebody in the restaurant industry should look for.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Shifts

Good opportunity to learn

Each day as a front desk agent is different. Being adaptable is extremely necessary. Not as much growth potential. The hardest part of the job is smiling with irrate guests.

Great place to start/build a career!

Great place to work while in college or to start an early career! Very systematic with plenty to learn and experience! Bartending and Serving positions are rewarding in pay!

It’s average

I love Marriott in grapevine, the management was terrible. The guest made me happy and they were extremely appreciative. The pay could’ve been better (I’m very experienced). Overall other than the manager & poor pay, it was great.

Productive and fun workplace with many employee benifits, even for part-time employees

As an exhibit attendant for ICE at the Gaylord Texan, I organized, and distributed the jackets to the customers, and supervised the ice slide. Most of my day consisted of sorting the jackets by size and handing them out to people before they go into the actual ice tent. I learned from this job to be more assertive with people, as many people feel that the rules do not apply to them, I also learned to become more authoritative as I was put in many positions where I had to tell people what to do while by myself. the most enjoyable part of working here was being treated so well by the company. We got many paid lunches on days we were extremely busy, and our managers would take time and money of their own to help make our works days easier, and they did this by providing snacks and drinks to keep us going throughout the day or by including us in raffles to keep our work ethic going.

The work was steady and consistent.

I'm not even sure why it is having me write this review but, usually work was relatively laid back. We just brought the buffets out to, usually business people having conferences; we would bring them breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. At that point, my shift would usually end (about 4:00 - 5:00) The dinner or evening events was a different shift. I worked those too, particularly for large events like weddings, but mostly the morning shift.

Few good people but bad management

When I first started everyone was nice and patient. They're very lenient with people who are starting out especially the chef. There is a limit to leniency and I suggest learning as much as possible as soon as possible and be as neat as possible even when others aren't. You will get fits here and there from the chef and there are times you just have to let go and there are times you have to say your defense because he is the type of person that will kick you even lower when you're down. Work can be slow but busy during the holidays and expect to stay overtime. The work can be a routine but still be enjoyable. Life outside of work can be impossible in the hospitality field. The hotel is nice and filled with people from different departments who are friendly. Pay is good starting out and moving up to cook 3 is supported. I made a few good friends. My mistake was being too comfortable and I lost a lot of respect for others and supervisors because they tend to throw people under the bus and talk a lot of smack. Also couldn't stand the chef because he belittles others and talk too sarcastically and think everyone has a low IQ. Also has favorites among supervisors who like to kiss up to him. Pay just wasn't worth it anymore. I suggest keeping yourselves on a low profile, stand your ground when needed and be there to work. Having friends is good but you never know who will throw you under the bus.

Pros

Very few good Supervisors who help, free lunch, pay weekly

Cons

Fake supervisors, late hours, sloppy people

Very Organized

The company puts its' best foot forward and really takes care of it's employees. My favorite thing about working with the company ( specifically the Gaylord Texan) is that they make sure you are taken care of and proactively makes sure that your needs are met.

Pros

Free lunch, 6 week paternity leave ( coming soon)

Cons

A lot of info about the hotel that you have to absorb

Fast-Paced Event Environment

50/hour work week with overtime pay and good benefits. Constant events ranging from 5-7,000 attendees - great entry level position but you burn out after a year with the amount of work on the floor you handle. Gaylord culture is very unique and true to the brand.

I don’t have anything to put here

I also don’t have anything to put here. I just need something new. I don’t like staying in the same job for 3 years and never learning something new.

Marriott is all about the Money

Decisions are made solely from a financial stand point. They do not care who the crush or let go in pursuit of their ultimate goal of profit regardless of how small.

Productive learning team great rewards

Great place to work just a far distance to drive for the pay.Wasnt there long enough to relocate within the company.Meet tons of new people from all over.Stay in some of the best hotels for a small fee.

Pros

Free lunch, some friendly people, learning experiences

Fun place

Great people to work with, pay is a little stressed and family life is out of the question. Management in the security department is the good ole boy mentality with puppets for supervisors.

Fun place to work

The hours are good for a seasonal job. It was a great experience to work in a hotel full of wonderful people and guest. I would consider going back and working there.

My Review on Gaylord Texan

This is a really great company, however management was a little unorganized and rude.The overall atmosphere here is very friendly, just a few bad apples.

Pros

growth opportunties

Cons

bad managers

Wonderful place to work

Flawless service is what we strive to provide our guest. Gaylord is a beautiful property and we do a great job providing our guest with great service.

Voted best place to work for a reason

It's truly a culture youhave to experience, none of what I say could bring it justice. it's like going on vacation everyday with a family you get to choose.

Pros

Endless opportunities

Cons

It's huge

Fun environment to work at

Professional Individuals from top to bottom. My time there was very much a learning process and that is something that I will always carry with me.

Pros

Very Nice

Cons

No Cons

People

I would not recommend this company for anyone. Management has no concern for you and does not allow breaks. You are to stand there for 9 hours a day with a smile. The people are great and the guest always make for some excitement.

Pros

Great customers

Cons

No breaks

Front Desk Agent

Pretty exciting job. Typically cannot predict the day. Loved meeting new people. Management was great.

eye opening

Interesting experience. I am somewhat introverted so working in hospitality was very eye opening and I learned a lot about customer service.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Grapevine, TX