Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Horseshoe Bay, TX

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,120 reviews

beautiful spot just outside of Austin that had/ has great staff

beautiful and busy property located right by a man made lake in Horseshoe bay, and also has it's own private landing strip! Needless to say, the property usually attracts very high end guests.

Great Spa with Great People

Beautiful spa and scenery straight from a book of dreams. Wonderful spa director. She is kind & inspiring in every aspect of her job. Relaxed setting to work at even at it's busiest.

Pros

Nice break room, splendid professional employees throughout

Cons

Regretfully I am no longer at their employ.

Very Unorganized

Not know if your relief would come in. If not it was expected that you work 2 shifts. Management was afraid to do anything,fear of the CEO

Very diverse job.

I loved being able to meet people from all over the country and make their stay as welcoming as possible

Pros

beautiful workplace

Cons

expensive healthcare

Highly stressful!

- very stressful environment - little respect or appreciation - management treats subordinates poorly - co-workers were mostly nice but all were afraid for their jobs - most enjoyable part of my day was leaving!

Pros

The people

Cons

Treatment by superiors

So, so

I loved working here....most of the time. There is almost zero room for advancement and the property is no longer a Marriott. A typical day for me was coming in at night (night auditor) and beginning the audit. I also had to keep an eye on the front desk and monitor phones for any guest needs. I had great co-workers and we meshed rather well. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the lack of communication and organization.

Great Starting Place

Just be weary, no one stay at HSB very long...ask around. the golf perk is awesome though.

A beautiful place to visit

Horseshoe Bay is a hidden gem in Texas. It is a beautiful place to visit.

high paced work environment with plenty of knowledge to gain daily

A day of work would start out with prepping for lunch and dinner service for the day including cooking utensils all the way down to our dishes and courses . I learned very quickly how to maintain myself in a fast paced work environment .Management was fair to all employees. i loved working with my co workers we all worked together in close synchronization to execute our tasks throughout the work day .The hardest part of the job was working in the outside heat.The most enjoyable part of the job was being around such a diverse group of workers throughout the whole kitchen .

Pros

plenty of overtime

Cons

very hot work atmosphere

Fun, busy, comfortable.

Overall, the Hill Country Marriott is a great place to work. As a part-time employee, I would have to say the benefits are not so good, but I suppose that is basic for most part-time jobs. Right now business is steady, but the pay is a little less than I expected for my experience and education level. The most important issue is that of all the top-rated spas out there, this one is poorly maintained and is out-dated by about twenty years.

Pros

Every once in a while the spa management allows employees to ride. the jet skis for free.

Cons

There are so many stairs in and out of the spa.

Great people to work with.

Very fast paced workHuge propertyGreat co-workersGenuine pride in delivering great service

Pros

job security

Cons

upper management polotics

Fun place to work

A typical day for me would be to uncover all the waverunners, unlock the life jackets and open up the hut. Have the boys unlock the gas docks and uncover the boats. Make sure all the equipment is gassed up and clean. I'd make reservations for rentals. When it was time for someone's reservation, I'd check them in with the computer system we used, have them fill out paper work, charge them, and get the fitted for the correct life jacket sizes, explain how to operate the waverunner or boats and the safety rules of the lake. If there was ski trip I'd pick which driver would take them out and let the driver know what they wanted to do, such as ski, wakeboard, tube, etc. I'd check the equipment before it went out and after it came back for damages. I'd complete the necessary paperwork for closing for the transactions made that day, make sure the schedules were complete, cover everything back up, lock it up.I have to thank this job for teaching me my great customer service skills. I just turned 17 when I took this job and still in high school so I didn't really have experience. My boss quit my third day so I had to teach myself how to handle situations and rely on the five boys I worked with. I worked my way up every year to supervisor. I learned how to deal with angry customers and make them feel comforted and make sure they left with a smile on their face. It was a hard job for sure but I believe that has turned me into the employee I am today.Management was good. I had a few supervisors that changed frequently so I relied mainly on myself and co-workers to get things done. There -

Pros

working on a lake, wearing shorts and crocs to work, not micro-managed.

Cons

people not taking safety seriously on the lake.

Marriott International!!!!!

Mariott Int. is by far the best company I have ever worked for. It was a sad day when Horseshoe Bay bought out the managment contract of my property. I met my wife while employed here. It's MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the best! Every company large or small, corperate or mom and pop, should take the Marriott way of "employees 1st" to heart.

Pros

everthing

Awesome Company

I loved every minute of working for Marriott. They treat you well and want you to succeed. Opportunities are everywhere and the tools needed are provided. Definitely recommend this company.I was an Engineer for them and had a hard job, but they treated me great. My supervisor came from another Marriott and was one of the best bosses I have ever had.

Pros

free lunch, friendly work environment, opportunities for advancement

Cons

hours are a bit hard for family life

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Horseshoe Bay, TX
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?