Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 286 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Really Good Work Environment

Overall I loved working here, even as an entry level worker. The people working here really care about customer satisfaction and of their employees as well. I always looked forward to coming to work as I knew I could always expect something new.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, friendly management, 401k

Cons

Only full-time workers receive benefits, locations tend to be far from home

it definitley has its pros and cons

overall it has a terrible turn over rate due to employees being under paid and treated with disrespect and un fair , management not following what the employees ask for considering hours ( if you applied for part time hours, they will put you for full time and not care as long as its not them working the shift) they expect you to do a lot of work for terrible pay and it not right... no one can live under 10/hour- 11/hour house keepers get paid 9$ a hour, definitely has its favorites here … just doesn't feel team oriented ,, if an employee doesn't show up lets say for audit … no matter what the gm wont answer the phone nor will the manager .. and you cant leave till someone comes which isn't fair because what if that person has another job.. Marriott is a great company and has decent benefits and not all people are bad.. if you decide to leave the professional way don't expect a response from the gm .just needs some serious changes in the team as a whole

Pros

decent benefits, discounts on rooms

Cons

management is unfair, . underpaid

Awesome place to work and lots of hours but there is no recognition for your hard work

Marriott is a very good company no doubt Is the ppl that manage the company that suck so bad Marriott take good care of you and the benefit are there .. but there is a lot of favoritism..

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Short breaks no free meals and bad supervision

Productive and fun workplace

I enjoyed my time at Marriott South location in Houston. I was given opportunities and support by my management staff. I was able to grow in my career during my time there. I would recommend 100% as long as you are willing to work hard.

Awesome Place to work

They help you reach every metric set by your goals and your supervisors. The Culture of this company is 2nd to none! Take care of your associates and your associates will take care of the customer. Done Right!

Marriott takes good care of it`s employees

Best company I`ve ever worked for, Great opportunities. Marriott believes that if they take care of there employees the employees will take care of the company

Pros

Cheap travel benifit

Great company

opening team. crazy schedule during the first few months, management people are great as well as co workers. management make sure you are being taken care of the first year but management slowly went down.

Great place to work and call home. Feel a sense of pride working for a 5 star company.

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are good and reach all of my needs and my family needs. The staff is friendly and management really cares about your success

growth

lots of growth opportunities. training opportunities are plentiful especially if will willing to move. Great benefits offered as well. Highly recommend.

Great Job with good team environment

Loved working for Marriott but COVID changed everything. Great team work and an amazing boss to help you succeed in your position. You get support from all departments when needed.

growth

Amazing company to work for. Unfortunately it was affected by covid and working for hospitality won't be the same. The core values are amazing.You take care of the guest, they take care of you.

Benefits

Cons

Non consistent hours

they care about us the workers

i have been in the hotel business since 1985 mostly marrtiott have 29 years with marriott have alao work.at astrodome for 5 years also work at office building and apt also but i really like working at hotels because you get to meet a lot of people some become your friends because they stay at the hotel so munch so.most of my.life i have deal with the public and i really like it thats why i am.still..there

Nice vibe in the hotel while working.

A typical day there was nice and smooth and very relaxing. I learned how to file papers, how to cook and use cooking utensils, I learned how repair broken items such as rolling carts, and I learned how to interact with customers while serving them. The management was very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how happy customers left the hotel. I really enjoy interacting with people.

Nothing at all

Working here was amazing and wonderful staff. I learned a lot and got a lot of experience. This company is very professional and care about. Nothing was ever hard on the job. Everything was easy.

good place to work. only reason i currently do not work there anymore is because of Covid-19. Hopefully when this pandemic is over I can go back to work for Marriot.

This is a very nice company to work for..

This job likes people who are willing to work very hard, be on time for you work shift, Be willingly to do some overtime if needed. Also you must have a neatness in there appearance..

Nice place to work

Nice hotel with friendly employees, concerned manager, great affordable insurance benefits, retirement plans, vacation and sick time generated, associate appreciation acknowledged

Pros

free employee parking

Cons

low salary for line staff

One of the best places to work great staff great leadership I would recommend Marriott international to anyone with a positive attitude, and willing to work at a fast pace environment, and want a really great career do it

Marriott

Overall working with Marriott is a Great company to work for. They do offer great benefits, the work lifestyle is engaging and personal. You do feel like everyone you work with is family

Pros

Lifestyle

Cons

Scheduling

All business

Care very little about you or what you have going on. Understandable from a major company in the world. Management barely knew what they were doing, except for select few, basically fresh out of school. Organization would thought to be of high priority, but it’s not. Basically reminded me of high school. Great pay, terrible daily atmosphere

Front Desk Associate and Manager

Marriott is a wonderful company to work for. The company is well established and really cares about their employees. There are so many different properties to choose from and plenty of opportunities for college students and others as well.

Pros

Benefits, Opportunities for Advancement, Discounts, Diversity, Great Work Culture Etc.

Cons

N/a

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Houston, TX