Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great Place to Work!

I have worked at this hotel for over 5 years and it is a great place to work and advance in your career. The hotel was renovated a few years ago and the staff is great to work with and most people have worked for the company for over 10 years. They own 45 other hotels across the US so lots of opportunities if you don't mind moving. The Marriott North management team does a great job at showing their employees appreciation and everyone works as a team. I would recommend working for this hotel if you are new to hospitality or have many years of experience.

Pros

Free lunches, solid pay, friendly coworkers, opportunities to move up

Cons

None that I can think of

The GM an assistant GM are freaking nuts

The GM and assistant GM are freaking nuts. Work maintenance for 37 years and by far the Worst Place I’ve ever worked. GM and assistant GM seem to get off on belittling their employees. Most of their employees are non-English-speaking and they really seem to take advantage of them.

Pros

It was really nothing good about this place

Cons

every person in the hotel wanted nothing more then to get out of there

Marriott

● Work-life balanceIt's not enough money to live off of but if your looking to have a job that you can just make spending money off of this would be great ! I love working here because it's only 4 hours a day and I get to be home with my kids all day but I just wish the pay was worth it !!!● Pay & benefitsThey honestly suck they haven't offered anything to me since I've been here! not even a login to see my check stubs ...● ManagementWhen they do get a manager they don't keep them we have been through 6 Managers since my very first day.● OverallI love working for them but just don't have the opportunity to make enough money with my job !! I would suggest the management not be so tight on the budget because you have to spend it to make it !!! When we don't have things we need we can't satisfy every guests so that means no tips witch is 30% of our check if we don't make tips then it's not worth working my job (bistro) . I feel like I have to much potential going to waste and not making my desired salary!!

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

While working at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown I was presented instantly with great conversation & genuine passion for work! The experience has taught me a lot about myself and what I plan to take with me to future jobs and careers!

Comfortable Work Environment

I appreciate the open door policy at my place of work. I also appreciate the diverse, and family orientated staff. Work can be challenging, but the employees helping each other out makes it a beautiful experience. That is what is most enjoyable.

fun work environment

i worked the am shift it was cool really just stayed to myself and did my job. management was easy going. it was a nice place to work and i would go back to work for them

It’s a decent place to work

While working for Marriott I work two different departments. Each department is ran differently I really enjoyed doing serving for Marriott they worked with me

Cons

Horrible management

Preventive maintenance. Repairs

Im responsible for repairs at Marriott, Fairfield, Delta hotel, and Lincoln Square. Grounds work, snow removal, pool levels checked, plumbing and eletrical

Learning to work within cultural differences

Mostly a fun place to work. I enjoy my co-workers. Management has just changed so there is a growing into the newness of the new management team. Is more fractured as a team then in past.

company owns too much of the market

this is challenging to employees of the hotels directly as well as 3rd party agencies. Because the company owns such a large portion of hotel industry, they are able to set standards for salary and commissions.

N/a

I would never recommend someone to work here the manager is very disrespectful and don’t know how to talk to her employees don’t know how to schedule her employees failure job

Best hotel in Indianapolis.

This sleek hotel featuring a glowing glass roof is 8.1 miles from downtown Indianapolis and 10.1 miles from White River State Park. The traditional rooms have flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels, desks and coffeemakers. WiFi is available (fee). Suites add separate living areas with sofas, plus minifridges, extra TVs and/or wet bars. A few rooms open directly to a courtyard. Some quarters have access to a concierge lounge with free breakfast and evening snacks. There's a chic bistro and wine bar, plus a coffee shop. Other perks include an indoor pool, a hot tub and a gym. There's also 75,000 sq ft of meeting space and a business center.

Love my job

I looking to relocate to mexico I love the marriott brabd and I would live to stay with marriott Love culture.I love de companys visition

Productive, fun, busy environment

A typical day consists of providing customer service. Assisting each and every customer with their needs and meeting their expectations. It is a very productive, fun and busy environment.

Good Environment

Fun place to work. benefits were great, Very nice hotel. Management knew what they were doing and treated their employees right. It was a pleasure working there.

We get to eat What ever we ask the line cooks to cook us on break

I like working for Marriott hotel off of 21st and Shadeland ,I work for them for some years and a good worker and like that it keep me busy and my hands stay moving.

Productive. room for advancement. Acknowladges employees.

All around good company to work for. Works around your schedule. Listens to the employees opinion. When cleaning up i can listen to my music. Will offer you overtime if its available.

Pros

Discounts bonuses

the over all

it is an okay job but I'm looking for a career, as of current I work as a prep cook, I'm looking to do more, learn more, & be more with in a company.

Pros

alway able to get 40 or plus hours

Cons

lack of advancement opportunities

OK place to workGM at the time didn understand the F&B side.

*8am or earlier based on conventions and u[out around 9pm *Director of F&B, Engineering and Housekeeping *Weak on the operations side but he is no longer there. *OLD school Management at the time *Hours no fam. Life * Guests

Pros

good Benifits

Cons

Decent place to work for with free breakfast. Only issue is management

Decent place to work at! Manager was not the best due to not being available at times, was often rude to other employees/co-workers, never sent request for new uniform when other one was damaged. Co-workers where friendly but when I first started they told me what to say and what not to say towards the manager which I thought was odd.

Pros

Free breakfast, taking your time with tasks(washing dishes, cleaning, etc.)

Cons

Short breaks, dealing with rude/upset guests, having to wake up early for early breakfast

Marriott Hotel

I absolutely love my job here! It is amazing staff wise, manager wise, and not to mention all the amazing people I meet every day from all over the world! I have learned so much working here and we are like a family. Every day I work I learn something new from either a guest, or one of my coworkers. It is truly a great work place.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Indianapolis, IN
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?