Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Irvine, CA

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

If you're lucky with good management

Overall, the company is great. I loved working for Marriott and would happily work for the company again. That said, you do need to be very lucky with management. There is good and bad management everywhere, and I was very fortunate to have amazing, supportive supervisors. Advancement is what you make it but it can be hard sometimes as it's very competitive. They do offer great pay for the hospitality industry but it could always be better for the amount of work you really do.

I'm still working for Marriott, plan to retire here, benefits are the best that I know, if you work hard managers respect that, trainings are very good there is always potential abvance over all the best companies to work for.

Pros

Benefits, perks, coworkers.

Stressful and very corporate

I worked a tech support role, some of my mangers and coworkers were really great but it never quite felt like a friendly or positive environment overall. Policies favored structure over practical team coordination and pay wasn't good enough for the expertise required.

I loved working at Marriott. If you take great care of the people they in turn will take great care of the customers. the benefits are great. The perks are nice too.. discounted hotel stays, etc. However, due to the pandemic hospitality was hit really hard and a lot of great people were let go in the process. I still love my job, most sales jobs are remote and the work life balance is pretty good in the sales world. Compensation is not as good compared to other hospitality companies, however, what they lack in pay, they make up for in taking care of people, they train you and they try to keep you around and work with you through making your goals, not just you got 3 months ramp up and if you don't make it, they let you go. Definitely would recommend this company.

Pros

benefits, discounts on hotels, work life balance in the sales world of MI

Cons

pay, pandemic job security

Ok

Good job if you want to be in hotels but they promise a very people-first mentality and there really isn’t much of that going. Act like they care most about their employees but don’t really

Great leaders.

Amazing company. Came in as a temp, then became hired on full-time. Would have stayed longer if it wasn't for Covid-19 I will greatly miss working for Marriott.

Best company I’ve ever worked for!

I have never worked at a place with such great management, starting from the top, all the way down. We are a smaller hotel, but for the most part everyone is a team player. I’ve worked at quite a few places, and I’m my experience, this has been the best company yet! Great benefits, great room discounts!

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling and vacations

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any cons

Productive, Fast-Paced

Lots of computer work, Lots of research to place business in hotels all over the world. Marriott believes in Take Care and Putting People First The most inspiring moments in my position come when I make a positive impact in someone’s life. Creating a memorable experience for a guest or supporting a team member.

Depends on your department

Decent place to work. A lot depends on what hotel you’re at and who the General Manager is. For example Irvine Spectrum Marriott is poorly run, whereas the GM of Irvine Marriott, made it a point to hire managers who care about their employees

Pros

Coworkers can be fun

Cons

Some managers are lost

Does not manage management

Out of line supervisor, free to make your life miserable. Unchecked. Supervisor attempted multiple times to "frame" me for others errors. Favoritism ruled the department egregiously.

Was good but went bad..

The new chef was two face made you think everything was ok your job was secure but behind your back he was working on way to get you out. nobody wants to work there. he schedules people 6 days without asking if you tell him you cant then he'll retaliate.

Excellent

Was treated great from management to the overall hotel. Work was good consistent could not complain about anything one of the best jobs that I have had

Cons

Great company to work for

Definitely a place where you can grow. This company cares about their employees well-being. You are able to be yourself and not get caught into the robotics of the service industry

Pros

Excellent managers

Cons

Some of the staff is very young and inexperienced - affects guests experience

Any Marriott besides the one at Irvine Spectrum

Management fluctuates depending on the property. Marriott Irvine Spectrum is a horrible location. Your schedule and availability is not followed, your direct management team doesn’t care about their employees and upper management is focused on keeping their managers happy instead of the employees. The Hive and Honey management team is worst of all, they genuinely do not care about their employees well being only their sales and will force a server to take on 100 drunk guests themselves on a Friday night.

Great place to work with room to advance

Enjoyable place to work. They provide comprehensive training, positive work environment, great benefits, team building atmosphere and plenty of room for advancement

A creative place to serve better

Working at Marriott for the last 8 years has proven that not only is this a fantastic way to learn how to better treat your guests, but it has proved that the company is serious about how they treat their associates. They work hard to provide a great experience from orientation to ones final professional journey. The embrace the culture of treating the associate well, so that the associate treats the guest better. They are family, and strive daily to help in your growth and professional wisdom. You could not pick a better place to work.

Marriott is great, but you have to put in work.

They definitely make you work and keep you busy and it can get very exhausting. At first the pay seemed good but I quickly realized it wasn't worth it if I had to come in at 5 AM and end up doing over time when I didn't plan on it. I worked for a new hotel in Irvine and even after being open for a year didn't have their act together. Management tried their best and I honestly feel bad for them. Marriott is so rich so they should start paying more in addition to the good benefits.

great place to work plenty of advancement oppurtunit

I was the director of engineering at the Irvine Marriott my day started at 7am until 6-7in the evening in was overseeing a crew of 10 engineers andv5 landscapers I was responcably for the maintance of the hotel and administering the capital improvement projects

Pros

great co

Cons

amazing amount of hours

Great Culture With A Lot Of Opportunity To Grow

I have been with Marriott for over 4 years. They are a wonderful company with tons of opportunity to move up into management. The culture makes you feel like you're a part of a family. I would highly recommend Marriott to anyone!

Productive and fun place to work

Fast paced but get a lot of exposure to other people and lifestyles around the world. Have to be attentive and think one step ahead. Amazing job opportunity for anyone who like hospitality

Pros

Free food, discounts on rooms

Cons

Short breaks, have to plan way ahead for vacations

The greatest management and working environment

Marriott is a great place to work. I just reached my first year working in this company and it seams like a month. The GM and supervisors are amazing people to work for.

Pros

Great benefits and job security

Cons

Not too competitive salaries among the Industry field

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Irvine, CA