Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

Found 134 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Easy work

It's a great starter job but they don't pay near enough. I enjoyed working there nothing too strenuous. I loved seeing all the characters there. My hotel was right outside a bar district in KC.

Pros

Easy work and fun job

Cons

Poor compensation and no days off

Don't work here!

Management doesn't care about employees. They beg and plead until they get their way. Employees are great to work with. No paid travel to and or from work. I travelled an hour both ways and nothing. Even after working for them for 3 yrs.

Pros

Employees

Cons

Management, no home life, no paid travel to and or from work

None to speak of

The manager at Kessinger Hunter was vindictive . Would not listen . Once they had it in for you , you had no chance to explain . They had their minds made up and you were out of luck .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Managers were unfair in some situations

Busy and Chaotic with no clear direction.

Marriott works you hard, pays you little and claims that getting a small discount at any Marriott hotel makes up for the pay. It does not. Additionally there is never any time to use this discount as you are busy working all the time because it is impossible to maintain any sort of permanent front desk staff with the pay they offer them.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything.

My time as a Marriott Employee

Was skeptical to work for another large corporation, seeing as most large organizations focus more on the bottom line then the people working to help reach it. When I was approached by Marriott I decided to work with them because they seemed different. They seemed to promote a healthy, encouraging environment intent on building future leaders. It does not. They had great benefits, decent pay, reasonable schedule all the things you want and need but with it comes an environment that punishes those who speak out about conflicting corporate messages and promotes those who are willing to go along with status quo. My hours were cut from 30 to 28.5, just enough that I no longer qualified for insurance. I wasn’t informed of this until I tried to use my benefits. When brought to their attention I was blamed for not keeping track. Had to wait 90 days for benefits. Difficulties existed for anyone who spoke out against methods not in line with company philosophy. I was considered a difficult employee who had expectations of my leadership and as a result coincidentally received a customer complaint about my work performance, specifically my attitude towards guests. If you are the kind of person who can just work a job, this could be a great fit for you. Just don’t try to change, improve, or contribute anything you’ll do just fine. If you’re not a robot and you have a standard you might be able to navigate through. I was not one of those people, better luck next time.

Pros

They had great benefits, decent pay, reasonable schedule, fantastic team mates, interesting and entertaining guests

Cons

poor middle management, culture of entitlement amongst guests, no back-up from managers

Energetic

The job has its ups&downs the upside they do have benefit package they also need you well&reasonable you can advance to greater task but it takes awhile to do so poor management on communication the rate of pay is terrible all in all you could retire from such &unless have 4 1 k package

Great people to work with

I’m encouraged to work by good influential people. Management encourages employees to be a good citizen. I like the evolving work area and culture. I like to share my positive attitude to some who could benefit out of it.

Pros

Free lunch

Since Management change 6 years ago life at work has gone downhill

This management gets extremely tough on Personnell that have worked here over 10 Years. when new management took over I was wrote up for a messy dock at 8 AM that was messed up over the weekend. My shift was 8-4:30. I was suspended 3 days and on probation for 3 months. There have been several other associates that had been there over 10 Years that either got fired or was forced to quit.

It was and diverse place. A lot of Asian and Spanish working there.

We have free lunches and we have a PTO (paid time off) option for the workplace. The hotel has two buildings, The main building and the Muehlebach tower.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

healthcare

Great learning experience in hospitality.

Thankful for my experience at the Marriott, I learned a lot. Great opportunity to learn customer service from a company with strong ideals and attention to detail. Appreciated the learning experience.

Pros

Free lunches, great benefits, and international company.

Cons

Tough schedule at times.

productive and fun

Gettin supplies ready for the day, cleaning the areas assigned to me and having everything ready for the next shift. I would help out else were that I was needed.

Diversity

I learned a lot . I wish I still worked there. It was a friendly work environment as well. Room for growth with an the company . Marriott treats employees like family.

Great Benefits

This is a great company to work for. You can travel all over the world and relocate as much as you want when you work for the corporate office. I love it!

Great people, but hours are long

When in F&B Management, expect to work many more hours than you are getting paid for. People that work there are mostly great. Benefits are awesome. That is the one thing that I will miss the most.

It was nice job

We set up rooms for events and also take stuff out rooms. Set up tables an water stations chairs watever thats needed in the room for the event we make is in there

It's a great experience

I will recommend this company if you're looking for something fast pace and new when I first started I didn't know my job but the employees here will help you.

Don’t work in the security Department

I had a very good experience at the Marriott Until we got a new director over the security Department. she is a real mean.. hey And made everyone feel uncomfortable.

Its a nice job

The schedules need to be discussed of you have any other engagements like school for example other than that the pay is good and it is a good work environment.

Great work evironment

I was only a temporary and contracted worker for the Marriott Hotel in Kansas City, MO....but my experiences there were overall positive and I was able to work at my own pace.

na

Responsible for setting up multiple banquet halls for specific purposes such as weddings, conventions, business promotions.  Maintained a sanitary atmosphere for guests by thoroughly preparing and maintaining work areas

nothing good to say

Racist subculture on all sides and managerial cliques. advancement was based on which manager or exec you were friends with.nothing more to say, dont work there...you will not be happy... they talk a big show but do NOT practice it

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Kansas City, MO