Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Lake Mary, FL

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Hard working

Always learn different jobs on site how to use machines and what it takes to become a great worker put me in the right direction to succeed and management really cared for it’s workers

Worked as much as you can and get paid nothing

Salaried employees, they treated you like a slave!!! I have worked for over a2 years and literally, I work 24/7 non-stop... Employees will call you at any given time during the day!!!

Pros

Cons

worklife balance

Server/host

Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter or orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.

Growth

A wonderful opportunity to learn skills across many fields awaits you at this location. You can really enjoy just going through the doors every day with how amazing the landscape is.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for and i would recommended anyone who is looking for work. This company got great opportunity to advance. I do not know what else to say. I have said all that i could.

entretenido

el buen servicio y amabilidad con los clientes en todo momento

Guest Relations

Guest relations and interaction is the pinnacle part of a banquet server. To provide an exceptional service and enhance and rise the expectation of the guest.

Pros

healthy place to work

Cons

turn over

It's a good place to work.

It's a good place to work but pays too little. Talking to guest and trying to resolve issues or taking care of their need is fulfilling. They work with my hours as much is possible.

Productive and safe work place

Great place to work. Fifteen year old hotel but looks like brand new. GM takes care about the hotel more than his own house. Fix and upgrade every single place to make to look like new

Pros

Free lunch once a week, like Friday Employee Free Lunch

Cons

A little more equipment

Stay away not a good fit for anyone

Chef and Sous stay away you have no control in your position and do not want to pay!! No good Want you to be responsible for everything with out being responsible

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Productive Team

I have not worked in a Marriott Hotel for a couple years now. But I do remember that the staff and employees were always friendly and inviting. I worked in the kitchen and was never really seen by most of the workers in the hotel. I worked along side the kitchen crew and worked mostly nights. The kitchen was very well put together and always ran efficiently. Sometimes the management hired a bad worker or two in the 3 years I was there. But the main staff and cooks were always wonderful.

fun fast environment

Although I was there for a short time, I enjoyed every second of it. The co-workers were amazing in every way, the management team were always helpful, and if circumstances were different in my life, I would probably work there again.

a nice place to work

I found the staff from top to the last person to be friendly and willing always to be a team player. I found coworkers and management to be very knowledgeable in their field of work and other departments. I learned to control my inner shyness and face it by cleaning the lobby, I found the hardest part was finding a sheet to fit the bed in the one suite on the ninth floor and dealing with a communication gap with the Spanish-speaking employees, I found many acted like they could not speak English when they could and we laughed after they were caught. I just didn't think it was nice of the ladies or the men to act this way. I best memories I have are of helping someone before they left the hotel because they left their laptop in the room, I called the lobby at the front desk and they were there. I proceeded down to the front desk right away so they would not run late. I enjoyed meeting coworkers from all over the world. I worked with people from Russia, Purto Rico, Haiti, Bahamas, even shanghai, China. We had our own United Nations, and we worked great together.

Pros

health benefits, the hours, the lunch break.the breakroom and the food.

Cons

working with one uniform, missing towels and the other housekeepers hoarding the towels.

easy fun

the head chef was amzing nice and took time to show you what you had to do and made it if more as a time was working together I prep cooked and took orders from guess and manager

No raises

Grateful I was employed starting at 15. Respectful co workers. No raises or benefits even after years of dedicated work. Overall work environment was not too bad. Learned all departments but could never get raises.

enjoyed my job

difficult employees, never felt like i fit in, Chef was a great teacher

Sales

Prospecting on the phone & emails each day Attend TSAE & FSAE, MPI & other trade shows each month Spend time making outside sales calls

Great company

Easy place to get along with other staff members. This hotel is in a nice area and guests are very grateful. Very rewarding work.

Great and positive enviroment to work in

Working For the Marriott is a very up beat and positive environment to work in the employees are like family. And I enjoy working here there is always room for growth and opportunity here in the work place.

Pros

Great Customer Service Hotel always Positve enviroment

Cons

N/a

talking to others

Set up bar, daily inventory and inspections I learned that it is never the same day twice very good management great co-workers that are loving and caring as well. Hardest part of the job when not enough clients and a dull night. The MOST enjoyable part of the job is all the interesting people you meet from different parts of the world. Able to interact and learn from them.

Pros

Great people you meet

Cons

short hours

Review: Very happy and clean enviroment

Very happy enviroment, Cleaning, Serving I got to cater to wedding and big conventions and functions.

Pros

Free lunch

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Lake Mary, FL