Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Lancaster, PA

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Marriott

Okay place to work , I worked audit so I didn't really have to deal with the day to days. I had good managers that would handle problems if they had to be passed off.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Disoragnized

Employee Care

Prior to the change in HR management, the workplace was tense and stressful. Employees were expected to know skills they were not trained or hired for. However, the new HR manager listened to me and my coworkers and helped us develop our careers.Problems still reside in the treatment of the newer front desk staff from upper management.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks, management discoordination

My over all rating is a 5 because I had a good time working at the Lancaster Marriott. It’s was really good job, hope I can find a job just like it or something like it.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Communication

Would never recommend this place for employment. At least not Banquets.

This was one of the worst places I’ve worked in my 30 year career. The male managers never did anything but criticize. Worked 80 hour weeks without any thanks at all. The “management “ didn’t know what they were doing. Too many events never enough people or managers. Never recommend this place ever to anyone.

Awesome benefits and place to work

Always enjoy working here because every day is different. Still some have some staffing issues here but there are definitely perks to working here. For example the discount at other hotels that we receive.

Very productive, social, and exciting

Working at the Marriott was something great. First official job for me and was a great experience. Learned new things as well. Employees were helpful and understanding as well. My manager was great as well. Understood when someone was going through problems or needed help. Not a single bad comment about the Marriott.

busy always cleaning, learned a lot about customer service, management was really good to me, hardest part of the job was the different amount of crazy fun we had

not for me

In interview was lied to about bonus manager was late to work at least 3 days a week.Was not told about breaks. Over all Job was not bad except the fact they expected rooms cleaned in 30 mins. this would have been doable except Some housekeepers were allowed to check their own rooms (they always got bonus) then when you have to clean the rooms they cleaned the day before it took a lot longer because the did the min. to make bonus. Ok, if you don't care but if you are a true cleaner this is unfair.

Pros

work on own

Cons

management

Great job

I enjoyed this job. The Marriott is a great hotel. like many Hospitality positions work life balance is challenging. you will develop great skills while working here

a day in the life

you are hired for one job, but then you are also expected to assist in other departments when needed. which is most of the time.Can't get my job completed if I am doing the job for someone else. it's a catch 22.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

no down time

Productive work place hindered by Bad managment

Great opportunity to work with the public in small town environ, with management choices that undermine the talented associates. Hard work is not rewarded by people who know (and have vast experience) in what they are doing .

Pros

free lunch, worldwide property discounts

Cons

Biweekly pay, no set schedule

not as easy

some may say housekeeping is easy but no it is not especially working in a hotel everything has to be ready at a certain time very fast an to perfection especially on special events and weekdays

Pros

free lunch and tips

Cons

always had to stay longer with no overtime

Interesting and exciting job

Overall the company is very good. The problem with good work environment is that the management stays preventing moving into a higher position difficult. Sometimes you can move to a different department but then its not you experienced department to carry over your knowledge.

Pros

Free meals, discount hotel stays

Cons

Hospitality is 24/7 so you work some holidays

Amazing Hotel Standards

Working for Marriott as a restaurant employee seems luxurious and innovative. Their company is consistently studying what guests want and putting their findings into action. The hotel is kept to a high standard and there are beautiful properties all over the world.

Good Professional Place to Work

A typical day at work involves answering phone calls, checking guests in and out of the hotel, being professional at all times, provide guest satisfaction, handling accounts an money. I learned a lot on how to satisfy guests, solving problems, and working in a fast pace work environment. Management is very supportive and empowering. Co-workers know how to work as a team. A different schedule every week was the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the guests.

Pros

Free meals

Excellent Company

I worked for them for over 7 yrs and loved the clients and co-workers alike. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking to work with people.

great work place

great place, got to work with good group of people and co workers, enjoy helping others, meeting new people as shows come into convention center

Pros

free lunches

Cons

no health care

good

i would go around everyday to a daily log of all boilers , hotel refrigerators, and A.C units

Good working environment. Friendly work place

The client is always changing so you get to meet new people everyday, however there are some that come year after year and its great when they ask for me personally. Management lacks communication skill. They hire a lot of "on call" status which causes a lot of turn over.

Pros

Free Meals, Discounts at other hotels

Cons

Must pay for parking

Struggled to fit in

Communication is greatly needed and fairness among all employees

Fun work place were all work was completed on time with no trouble

This job was the funniest one I've had so far. There was time to laugh, time to joke around, but when it was time to work everyone seemed to no how to get right to it. All work was done and done correctly to satisfy al guest and to acuminate the time spent at the hotel

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Lancaster, PA