Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Little Rock, AR

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

There’s always something changing with the events. I worked in the banquets. That adds excitement and team unity.

I rate Marriott International to be one of the absolute best companies I’ve worked for. They have standards that they strive to maintain in their services. They also have guidelines and rules that they make sure (annually), that there are meetings, emails and communication about what they want every employee to know and abide by during their employment. These are the things that keep order in the company so it will always live up to its name.

Pros

Definitely are free lunches and other food every time we were working s function.

Cons

Long days, lack of sleep, lack of energy

One big family

Little Marriott is like a family for me. Each person wants to help anyone in need (not just the customers) and does their best to give it their all in everything they do. No matter what is going on in my personal life I am happy to go into work because I know I'll leave happier than when I arrived. Each employee has a purpose and is essential to the functionality of the hotel.

Pros

Free lunch, positive environment, encouragement, willingness to help

Cons

Some slow months, but that's expected in a hotel no matter where you go

Excellent Employer, Flexible Schedule

The Employees at Marriott are very personable. From management on down, everyone is easy to talk to. I enjoy coming to work everyday. They will work with you on your schedule and are genuinely concerned about your well being.

Great!

Your typical day at the Little Rock Marriott will be very busy no matter which department you work in. There is always a lot going on (conferences, meetings, parties/balls, and they have the best of the best ensuring that it all goes down without a hitch. The management is great and really do all that they can to try and help everyone feel appreciated and valued and I feel as though that is a really big thing to a work environment. Despite being a constantly busy hotel, there is never a dull moment, and while management is strict on their policies, they are also fun and willing to work your schedule!

Pros

Free lunches, diverse culture

Cons

Prefer open availability

I love my job at the marriott

I could not have chosen a better company to work for they treat you like family i have worked now in 2 different departments now and Love it wouldn't change anything about the

Pros

Great company to work for excellent benefit package

Wealth of Resources

Marriott provides a large database and training's to grow and develop as an employee while supporting individual success. Strong leadership and support in place.

a very fun and exciting envireonment

how to be fast paced, on the job training, social interactions, every employee I came in contact with was very friendly and taught me how to work and interact with customers

Pros

free lunch, very helpful

Cons

short lunch break

Very stressful and poorly managed place to work.

In the Hotel business there are a lot of hours and very low hourly pay. You survive on the tip money you make. Most Hotels are poorly managed with a very high turnover rate.

Great Work Place

Great Company Nice Property Good Benefits/ Great Business Model and Good management team and very cordial team members Good Location from Home. Good management Company

Job was fine just management and supervisor are sorry

Job was fine Management sucked Pay sorry rating maybe a 1 as far as wrk Not. Hard job really easy to do but the up employers are sorry. Pay not worth anything

Pros

Discount on rooms

Cons

Working for them thumbs down

Plenty of hours available

If you're the type that's always looking to pick up hours there are plenty there. you can also work multiple departments. You can be in food/beverage, rooms, and banquets. The possibilities are endless really.

I learned a lot about The hospitality industry in this hotel . I enjoyed my time working there and I was able to move around in different departments.

Hard Work, Immediate Feedback, and Diverse Cultures

Work starts with setup as a banquet server. We carry all our decorations, utensils, and whatever else is required for the occasions. it takes about two hours on average to setup a large event. This time can be repetitive and exhausting if we are on a tight turnover. The employees are all from very diverse backgrounds, so it has its moments where there will be disagreements, but we all work it out as a team. You have to be very team oriented and ready to help guests at a moments notice. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with miscommunications with different departments that are involved with the banquet event. And the most enjoyable part would be the feedback you get from the guests and clients that enjoy your service.

it was a very productive and professional place to work.

a typical day at work is making sure the bar is properly clean and sanitized as well as making sure we have everything we need to get the shift started. What you learned working as bartender manager and bar server is always a surprise to look forward to help me to learn more each day someday can be better them other days and some can become overwhelming help me remain focus and stay clam and collected and be professional at same time As a manager I love the challenge that come along with position Workplace culture been a employee for Marriott group is there employee discount also the cleanliness of hotel its also a great place to stay The hardest part of the job. is dealing with very difficult customers.

Wouldn't advise no one to work there

Job security poor,very hard day,nothing,the manger was hard to get alone with,too much work load on one person.Very nasty attitude.Having laundry done late at night

They job was cool

I have nothing bad to say about the Marriott. I worked really hard everyday i went to work.. i got good tips and the pay was good.. i met alot of different people

love this job

this had to be one of the best job i had i was able to do what i love and thats cook and the looks on the guest faces in the morning and to see the clean plates.

Productive workplace with great benefits

I work here part-time and am eligible for great benefits: hotel room discounts when travelling sick time vacation time

Pros

Employee discounts on hotel rooms when traveling

Cons

Sometimes guests are truly scammers

Do Not Work Here

Awful establishment to work in! They treat the employees badly & the upper managers only cares about themselves and how they can get ahead. Not a team fostering company

Pros

Nothing!!

Cons

Management does not support hourly associates, long hours, vacation time taken away at the last minute when you have a planned vacation

A lot of good people to work with, would work there again if i ever moved back

There were a few issues that I encountered while working there (like most places) but when you have a really good manager guiding you and teaching you new things every day and with the passion I have for baking its worth going to work every day! I loved working there all in all.

Pros

Free Lunch, Overtime and a wonderful Head Pastry Chef

Cons

Head Chef and having to work every single holiday

This ob was an ok Job

i worked at the UT Campus in Tyler TX as the manager of Subway. I was quickly moved once I became 3 months pregnant to downstairs in the caffiteria. I did not like the managment. Cinthia was not always pleasent with her employees for no apparent reason.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Little Rock, AR
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?