Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Found 152 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great Company

Great company to work lot of benefits as well and free lunch in your shift , sometimes the management can be little complicated but go for their way and you’ll be good.

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits .

Cons

Best of the best hotel company

Trustworthy, competent leadership at a corporate level (as whole). Every property I worked at (5 in total) has fantastic executive leadership. Pay (for the industry) is above average & fair.Highly recommended Marriott International to those looking for a job. Like any company there are hiccups along the way, but there is endless opportunity for those who put the effort in to advance.

Former Bar Staff

Upper management is very supportive. Very busy in the beginning, but started to lessen over time. Management does trust you to do your job, and don't micromanage you, I do appreciate that. All in all. I had a good experience.

Great company

Wouldn’t change a thing about the company. They care for their associates like they are family. The best thing was the associate room rate for travel. Was able to experience amazing resort hotels at a great price.

Accounting Intern

Great company to get your foot in the door with after graduating from a university or during your university. I learned a lot and was able to gain a sense of accounting topics especially hotel accounting that they don't even teach you at school. Crazy how you can be an accounting major and still not know how to do anything when you start at a company. The training here really enforced debits and credits, and made you fully understand how each debit and credit affects each financial statement using the general ledgers and bank statements. I had a great learning experience and I hope to learn more in my career. To those in university, GET ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE. Your GPA won't help you. The way you learn at these companies will.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Short breaks

I Love working here

It is a great company to work for they appreciate hard and dedicated workers they have great benefits and discounts , everyone here is friendly and treats each other with respect.

Cons

Great company to work for the benefits it offers.

Marriott is such a large hospitality company the possibilities for job opportunities are endless. My favorite thing about this company is the ability to transfer properties easily if you move or want to travel somewhere for a job. Can be hard working for a hotel though because they are so large, you can go un-noticed or unrecognized as an employee. They have amazing benefits though, like health insurance and discounted room rates at any Marriott in the world.

Pros

benefits discounts variety of jobs

Cons

short breaks, seniority scheduling, large properties

Years of enjoyment

Never really had a problem working there. I got a much better job opportunity and was also allowing me to go back to school. Working at the Westin for 8 years really helped me grow in the culinary department.

Best company there is.

Best company I’ve ever worked in. The best. I got hired in 2019 and automatically since day one of orientation felt the warm welcoming from the Hotel Manager and executives. Definitely a different work experience.

Pros

Free lunch. Pay.

Cons

Everyday you see/learn something new. It’s exciting with a great culture. Associates are valued. Excellent training programs and advancement is encouraged

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Paid parking

They support staff , advance easy

I make good money , staff is nice, we always have nice lunches and it’s a positive environment I really love working for this company and I plan to retire with Marriott

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometimes tored

Fair But Has Some Issues

I get fairly paid for my job. There are opportunities for employees to be transferred to other departments or to get promoted. Benefits are great. Interview was quick. Most coworkers are friendly and supportive. Management could use some improvements. From my personal experience, management expects you to be trained by others and not them. Some are easily irritated when you ask questions. Seniority exists in the workplace so expect to be of low priority in terms of vacation requests or shift changes.

Benefits

Cons

Customer Complaints, Management

Great company

I’ve been with Marriott for a long time. Very conservative company, a lot of opportunity if you have patience! Great for those who like to play by the rules...

Great Place to Work

Marriott is a great company to work for. Great benefits, including but not limited to, free employee cafeteria, hotel discount. Also, opportunities to work domestically or internationally.

Ok pay and free Benefits.just no help on moving up everything is on your own . Lots of lazy management. Seniority people take advantage of the new employees.

Pros

Free benefits n food

Cons

No help to move up

Positive productive environment

Offer an unforgettable guest experience, management always aware of employees needs, positive place to work, A lot of multitasking, enjoying personal connections with all guests

Pros

great benefits

Largest Hospitality Company to Work For in the USA

Marriott International is the largest hospitality company to work for here in the USA. My favorite work perks are the travel benefits - associates get an amazing discount off hotel rooms and some F&B, spa and retail outlets onsite. Associates are also offered great discounts on car rentals, show tickets, retail merchandise, etc. I love the fact that Marriott offers free rooms for life once you achieve your 25th work service anniversary with the company. Working for the above property/shared service corporate division, I also get to take advantage of the Brilliant Points system which allows me earn incentive points to redeem for various rewards from an extensive catalog. I have loved every team I have worked with and had great leadership support throughout my career as well. I definitely recommend working under Marriott as you can receive a lot of great benefits, not just for travel but also for medical, health, and life insurances and retirement options.

Pros

Great associate travel benefits, medical/health/life insurance coverage, retirement options, associate discounts on car rentals & show tickets etc., our CEO Arne Sorenson is truly amazing and quite the inspiration as well

Cons

Wish I was getting paid more, always felt shortchanged compared to fellow associates doing same job but get paid more, also wish we were being given Disaster Relief pay for COVID 19 layoffs

Great company

The L.A. Live property still has a long way to go in terms of enforcing and cultivating a healthy and positive work environment. There is clearly a lack of respect for diversity.

Horrible ambiente de trabajo...

Sobrecarga de trabajo, malos compañeros, habladurías por doquier, caras falsas y todo en malísimas condiciones desde ropa de cama y limpieza en general de las habitaciones, un asco!!.

I enjoyed working for Marriott Hotel for 35 years!

I worked in ten different properties for Marriott hotel and three different brands! I worked in food and beverage and housekeeping department. I enjoyed my time and experience in this Company. I have many string skills working for the hotel and have a great customer relations skills.

great place to work

Great place to work. Great management. Benefits. free lunches. Appreciation program. Everybody nice and friendly. Flexible schedules. Hotel discounts around the world.

Pros

free lunches, benefits

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Los Angeles, CA