Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Medford, MA

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Marriott was pretty nice!

Job was relaxed for the most part, standard 8:30-5pm. There was covered parking, a cafe that made fresh food! It wasn’t bad at all! I just the pay was higher

Pros

Lot of down time, you can work independently, work life balance

Cons

Pay

Marriott

Very good company to work for and supportive managers. Pay could be better but you get great hotel benefits. Best in the industry for benefits and salary

Good company to work for.

The management were easy to talk to and cared about their employees. The discounts are amazing as well as some of their benefits. I always felt appreciated by my sales managers.

Underpaid, always an excuse for why you cannot move up.

Talk about looking out for your staff, this place does not. There is always a reason you can’t have the next job, you can’t apply for this or you are not ready for that. They’re will give every excuse in the book to keep you where they want you. In a low paying, low level role where you are not challenged. If you are looking for a company that looks out for your best interest look elsewhere

Pros

Benefits, discounts on hotels

Cons

Pay, appreciation, poor management, poor career growth, poor training, always an excuse for something, poor communication, always changing hours when promised 9-5, giving away sales leads when you’re supposed to produce to make your goal.

good work environment

I worked in the sales office and loved it. all of my coworkers and managers were very nice and always willing to help. there is a lot of growth opportunity and managers will help you get to the next step if you ask for there help.

Typical Day

Workplace culture was fine. Working in corporate was a different sort of beast. It was easy to keep to myself and slip into a routine. Would recommend to someone who is looking for a steady job.

Room to grow in hotel management/sales world

A typical day is building sales leads and communicating with your sales leaders. Entering anything they need into the system along with doing any research or organization as needed. I learned organization and communication on a professional level along with sales related experiences. I learned new programs that contribute to the sales process. If you are not already in a management role then you must go through as an admin first then you're eligible for a sales manager role and have guides and assistance to get you there if that is your goal. Sales managers do not get commission. The additional compensation comes from overtime hours. They do give you all the tools you need to become a sales manager. 1 hour lunch breaks and ways to ease the stresses of the day. Workplace culture is friendly but when you're too busy then sometimes it's non existent. Like any workplace. Unless you manage your time well, you'll be on the phone or on the computer. Hardest part of the job depends on the person. Some is organization and others are communication etc. Some days you really don't move from your desk and if you're okay with office hours, then this job is for you. Some paid holidays and weekends off. The most enjoyable part of the job are the connections that you'll be making with all kinds of great people and if you really love sales, you'll be learning a lot of skills and best practices within the hotel management industry.

Pros

Wonderful people, free lunches, free coffee, fun activities, nice incentives, benefits

Cons

Healthcare cost, turnover, leadership opportunities, leadership organization

Marriott

I am very passionate in my career and strive to receive the best scores and exceed goals in all aspects of the job. If you treat your employees right, they will treat your customers right. My team consists of 30 individuals within five different markets. Each individual has a different personality, which is unique and exciting.

Pros

Quality of life

Cons

Productive and awesome staff!

I love working for Marriott, the culture is very rich, they keep you informed. I absolutely love the advancement opportunities, the discounts and how they take care of you.

Pros

discounts on rooms, rich culture, still 'family' type of feeling

Cons

They could pay more.

Engaging Office Environment

A Marriott Regional Sales Office is a client focused and team oriented environment. Each region is a separate team and is focused on meeting to sales goals of the hotels in that perspective region. Although individuals have goals, each team must assist their fellow team members in order to achieve team goals. This environment requires excellent communication and time management skills. The office is fast paced and a person must be able to multitask. There are a number of different positions within the office and all have different responsibilities that play a part in meeting its goals. Marriott benefits are good. Flexible insurance plans, 401K with a 5% match, paid time off, and hotel discounts are among the main employee assets. Work/Life Balance is typically good but depends on each individual team leader.

Pros

Monday to Friday hours, good pay, good benefits

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Medford, MA