Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Midvale, UT

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great environment, friendly co workers and flexible

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Marriott International, Inc. is a great balance. I started as a temp agent with Spherion and they were flexible because I have cancer and get sick often.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. were amazing. I advanced in my pay street I was hired permanently then months later I advanced again almost $4 from starting in less than 1 year.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Marriott International, Inc., I think it isn't looking to good but only because of covid-19. I was recently laid off and am devastated to be honest.

its a growing call center.

This job is not for everyone. It is a call center and they are trying to get faster and faster. So unless you know how to sell rooms or do a job you apply for fast this job is not for you. They do try to work with you but it is hard to catch up if you are slow.

Marriott sucks

They don’t care about customers nor their employees. Their goal is to get the guests off the phone as quickly as possible. If you are a customer service representative you have little to no power of what you can help with

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Amazing colleagues and managers. Very good benefits and pay.

Amazing colleagues and managers. Very good benefits and pay. Opportunity to grow and learn. Great atmosphere. Enjoyable team builders. Overall great place to work!

It was a job.

The job was ok, it wasn't too difficult to learn. They just expect you to show up, do your job and leave. They didn't let their sales and service agents (Reservations) work from home during this pandemic which was upsetting to me. Its repetitive, and redundant work. If you have worked at a call center before you'll know what to expect. You wont have time to get to know your coworkers cause you'll be on the phones all the time. Your manager is only really there to tell you to have better metrics and fire you if they have to. I sensed desperation when I worked there, cause people needed a job, and that's all they can do. Just do your job, make sure you use the restroom during your break, and they'll leave you alone. Learn a better skill that will pay you more money while you are working here. Unless you are extremely passionate about the industry. You have to be there for a while to move up and they have to like you.

Fun place to work

It's a good place to work. If you like working pretty much on your own it's a great place but if you need to get help or ask questions with a real person that's not gonna happen you call assist for help and sometimes they aren't that helpful.

answer phones. helped with resolving customer issues

Answering all incoming calls regarding hotel stays, reward points and applicable correspondence Collected customer feedback and made process changes to exceed customer satisfaction goals Made reasonable procedure exceptions to accommodate unusual customer requests Provided accurate and appropriate information in response to customer inquiries Maintained a high level of customer service by being proactive in communicating with guests Actively participated in ongoing efforts to continually improve customer service for current and existing customers Answered heavy call volume phones, respond to all emails Communicate with different departments

productive

good working environment and fun to work there, good time and week off and peaceful place, cafetaria, regular events and festival celebrations, work oriented

Impressive company

Company is innovative and possesses valuable beliefs in current and future practices. So long as you keep the expectations of your specific role, you have independence, support and trust from superiors.

New management from corporate to the call centers and hotels

New, incompetent and inexperienced managers were hired. They try to bully, and push their weight around. Micro management is bad! Your manager will dig and dig to find any reason, no matter how small to fire you if they do not like something/anything about you-even after the decade of committed loyalty and highly intellectual knowledge of all aspects of job. They will approve vacation for you, then revoke it after flights and all arrangements have been made. Shift bidding is a nightmare.

benefits

Cons

micromanagement, pay, ability to count on vacation time, always under threat of losing your job

Not much to say

Company is losing track of taking care of its employees. Employees that have been with the companies left due to the lack of communication with the new changes and lack of care for the employees. At least this is the issue with the branch in Utah!

Extremely fast paced! Unlimited overtime up to 7 hours per day!

Overall this place wasn't too bad. However, it was a temp-perm position, if you had the patience to wait for the company to hire you on permanently. And the pay wasn't all THAT great! The agency only paid $11.50/hr + a $100 bonus each week for having perfect attendance, which generally equaled out to be about $14.50/hr. The one upside is that since it was a temp-perm position, you worked for the temporary agency, and they paid every week! They did have pretty good support staff! It was pretty easy to find help, whether that be over the phone or in person. However, they also made promises that they couldn't keep!! Such as promising promotions to a team lead that never came to fruition!

Pros

Lots of overtime available! Pretty good management to work with

Cons

You never knew if you were going to be made a permanant employee, The schedules really kind of sucked!

Love it there

I worked for a temporary staffing company at that time. The job was only for 2 months. People were very carrying and you get a work out room to use on site. They made you feel welcomed. The last day of my job there. My manager and team took me out to any resteraunt I wanted for lunch...there treat! I almost wanted to cry leaving.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Friendly atmosphere and staff . Holidays were observed with fun decorations and treats

Before Marriott merged with Starwood, it was a much more personable place to work. After five years, I felt like I wasn’t the valued and trusted employee I once was. I hope these are just growing pains for a huge company merger. Overall, however, Marriott has been the most rewarding company I have worked for.

Pros

Hotel benefits and really good cake when there is a bday . Lol

Cons

Difficult to get available PTO time.

Was a nice place to work at first but went down quickly.

Marriott, when first hired, was more focused on their members. After a couple of months there, they were more concerned about numbers. They pushed call volume more and cared less about the members and employees.

Pros

They had a wellness program, company events, and discounted hotel stays if you happened to stay at one of their properties.

Cons

Issues with management, stressful work environment

Very fun, relaxing, just requires computer knowledge

This job was a very fun place to work. They have a brand new building with a big, comfortable lounge, beautiful views of the mountains, many places to sit, etc. However this job requires that you are good with people, have good computer knowledge, and strict time management. This shouldn't be a big problem for most people though, because they give you 6 weeks of training before getting on the phones.

Pros

Comfortable work environment, substantial work benefits

Cons

Very strict schedule, sometimes customers are very hard to deal with

marriott is recommended

i really enjoyed working here, thier facilities are great and organized. they provide essentials to do your work, they do their best to work with you on certain subjects like scheduling, they could have did better at it though. and trusting their co workers i wish they had looked into my case more but over all the staff is great if you go through their company an dont a hiring agency.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Midvale, UT