Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Monterey, CA

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Good teamwork.

Nice experience as a banquet server. Lots of teamwork and camraderie amongst employees. Pay was good and management was excellent. All in all, an excellent place to work.

Pros

Free meals. Stayed busy.

Cons

The company overall is well property front desk management not so much

Noticed many times Front desk management left the premises often for Starbucks or was missing for long periods of time, at times even fraternizing with guests. The frequent absence of front desk managers often affected front desk leads which many times caused a domino effect regarding customer service complains and needs—while leads were dealing with other guests, regular agents were left to deal with customer complaints that needed to be dealt with management instead. The company overall is well—not too convinced regarding front desk management on this property versus other Marriott properties. Obvious favoritism, gossiping, and coterie at the front desk. No way to climb up at front desk if not a management favorite or approved by certain coterie.Fun to work at breakfast bar.

Pros

Overall flexibility on schedules and flexibility for students; cross train and great benefits

Cons

Obvious favoritism and certain coterie at the front desk.

It was a great experienced working for the Marriott Hotel and resource

Before working for the Marriott I had somewhat experienced in the food and beverage industry. But once I started working the banquet department I learned so much more things. I learned how to prepare and set up for an even on my own. I got to know/meet ppl from all over the world. Everyone in there help each other, there is a great teamwork role. The management really seem to know what they are doing and have everything in place, set and ready to go for an event. The hardest thing about working there for me was when the slow season was here and only the full timers employees that have been there for years get to work, and the part timers and on-call employees work less or nothing sometimes per week. For this reason I had to leave marriott and find me another job. But overall it was a great experienced working for the Marriott Hotel.

Fun Workplace.

Great place to work! Learned a lot with this company, was able to grow and move around easily. Great company to work for and also a lot of opportunities for growth.

Great Place to work

I have been presented with great opportunities within this hotel that has allowed me to gain as much experience as I can within the operations department.

great environment

I have worked for Marriott for almost 4 years. I love it, there is always opportunity for advancement. Benefits available for full-time employees. Also off other benefits like Weight watchers, rosetta stone, 401k

Innovative and fast growing company

At the Marriott everyday is different. You meet hundreds of people from around the world. Get to know their personal needs and expectations and then provide excellent care and service. Our managers want us to feel inspired to take action when a guest is in need of service and make the experience of staying at our hotel memorable and satisfying for every guest. I've learned that dealing with certain situations it's best to follow procedures, because those procedures protect the guest and the employee. The hardest part of the job is always keeping a smile on your face when you get unruly guests. The most enjoyable part of being an associate for Marriott is making a difference in a persons life by just making the smallest good deed. Whether it's sending an pillow to the guest for extra support or sending a gift for a special occasion. You send a person away feeling great about their get away or business trip. Then when they come back they will remember you for taking care of them and appreciating you.

Pros

Discount on hotels, medical and dental benefits, paid time off, sick pay

Cons

Flexible hours, never consistant

Great Environment

I started right out of High School. Great experience and awesome staff. Learned so much with Data Entry. Worked closely with Membership Services. Made bank deposits.

Pros

Mixers and Events

Cons

being underage could go to many events

Great place for advancement

Great place for advancement. Hospitality in general can be stressful. If you don't mind the rotating shift, then this job is for you

Great management team to work with

Very rewarding working with talented people providing an excellent customer experience.

Pros

work culture

Cons

Can be long hours at times

fun workplace. bar atomsphere

The bar in this hotel changed managers three times while I was theree. But still was a great place to work.

Pros

fun lively

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Monterey, CA