Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Nashville, TN

Found 111 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Excellent benefits. Room for advancement

Good company to work for. If you need time off the company is flexible. The pay of course depends on your position. It is on par or exceeds other similar hotel brands. There is room for advancement and the company likes to promote from within.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Dealing with rude guests

Ok place. Wouldnt recommend

Too many chiefs chasing too few people who actually make the hotel run.They took away our bonus without a good believable reason. Most coworkers are good.

Emphasis on customer service, with customers who do not return the favor

Every property is different I'm sure, but each property I have worked at has had major issues. Working front desk can be thankless and demeaning, especially if you have thin skin like myself. It feels like you are always in the wrong, and even if you do your best to help a guest, there is nothing you can do to make it right. Hotel guests are the most entitled pack of people I have ever encountered, it's difficult to see the bright side to this job. The hotel discount is a great perk, as is schedule flexibility. Marriott does place a great deal of importance on customer service, and in my years with the company I felt like my coworkers and I gave some of the friendliest service around. But the when managers and higher ups don't respect you as people, it's hard to keep that great customer service going. The pay is abysmal (I met my property's cap of $13 within a year) so the benefits do not make it worth it. The final straw for me was the lack of assistance during the COVID pandemic. CEO Arne Sorenson made a big deal about not taking a salary during 2020, to "keep the lights on at the hotels" struggling. But what about your employees who were struggling? The employees that make your company what it is? I didn't feel supported by Marriott, the company that I gave almost a decade of my life to.

Pros

hotel discount, flexible schedule, camaraderie with coworkers who also hate their job

Cons

no assistance during COVID, abusive customers, low pay, unpredictable shift length/difficulty

Family instead of work!!

Over 20 years and multiple jobs in Gaylord Marriott I still love working here!! Majority of Management are really there for you! Front Desk rocks!! I should havr stayed here!

Pros

Free Lunch, Discounts

Cons

Work weekends

Great team atmosphere

Loved it. Great people and pay. Long hours but it was all worth it. Lots of opportunities and the ability to promote from within. Travel pers are a plus.

Good company to work for, good policy, good management, good team, good benefit, good helper, but the salary needs to be just little bite improve

It's a good work place, good leaders, good management, Good company to work for, good policy, good team, good benefit, good helper to learn and get experience

Big talk but no follow through and all about the upper management

Big talk but no follow through and all about the upper management. Put in too much time, blood, sweat and tears, ruined relationships to get the job done and for what?

Overall not too bad

As a leader, there are many perks. For entry level employees, it's tough. If you stick it out there is definitely opportunity for growth. I enjoyed working for this company, but they seem to put themselves before their employees.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Poor benefits

Amazing workplace before COVID

Loved working in Marriott hotels prior to COVID. Had so much fun every day at my job. Even tho work life balance was hard in a management position. Sadly with Covid Marriott let go many of their loyal employees after holding on to them for almost a year and pushing back their work dates. They also have hired other people in lower paid positions to cover. Not the best company etiquette there.

Pros

Inclusive work place

Cons

Fast paced fun work environment with little work life balance

Overall Marriott is a good place to work. There isn't much of a work life balance if you are in management but I think that is the case for most hospitality jobs. There is plenty of room for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. They match 401k and offer decent benefits. I feel like most management is underpaid based on the amount of hours you work but they do have a nice culture.

Pros

Free lunch, 401k matching, benefits

Cons

No work life balance

Supportive workplace that gives ample opportunities for disabled people.

Emphasizes diversity in it's hiring practices. The majority of employees support day other and make sure they are aware of what the management preferences are.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

It’s a wonderful place to work in

● OverallI like to work in the Marriot international inc cause it gives me the chance to improve my self also it’s a very good environment to work We have many good basics like look at everyone in the eyes and smile, speak first and last , discover and delight so we can make it right and too many other skills to gain

professional & fun work environment with great, trusted leaders

lots of daily autonomy to complete and achieve sales objectives; 40 hours of annual training in interesting, fun locations across the country; reachable 3, 6, 12-month sales objectives with nice bonuses in most cases; great leaders who encourage you and provide critical & positive feedback to make you a better salesperson.... to obtain objectives.

Pros

can work from home, plan work days, good amount of vacation to start and along the way

Cons

tedious tracking of sales activities, efforts at times; too many sales meetings too

Great

Great entry experience for those exiting college especially for those interested in a hospitality career. Had a great experience with the company as a whole

Improperly trained

I felt like I was improperly or poorly trained. Would had enjoyed job more if management took time out to complete training for front desk functions... this would had made me more confident and the guest as well.

Marriott

Working at the Marriott has been one of my first jobs and it is great! The people there are friendly, helpful and really make it feel like a home away from home. Would recommend anyone who needs a job to work for this company.

Lack of communication and loyalty!

I've been in Hotel hospitality since 1994. Lack of communication and loyalty has been a major factor! Being the Night Auditor/MOD you rarely get to know what's going on through the daily functions of operation. I know I'm a great fit for any hospitality company. But it starts with management! Thank you for your support!

Great benefits, strong company stucture

Marriott has a great company structure that provides employees an easy way to work their way up into management. The benefits are also a great perk to the job.

Nice place to work

I enjoy bartending at Marriott. Though it’s not a long term career, and as a 25 year old- I am looking more toward my future- and could see myself taking another position.

very focused on the details of being on time and getting the job done as well as getting results

Has a possible but very small opportunities to meet or see celebrities and is overly bureaucratic. As long as you cover your but and keep your nose clean you can do very well at this location.

Pros

free lunch room and food

Cons

scheduling is difficult due to 24-7 365 days open

Great Company

Truly enjoyed working for this company but they are contracting my department out. Due to the new company not being part of Marriott I feel it is a good time for me to leave.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Nashville, TN