Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Found 267 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great Culture and Leadership Development

Overall great company industry is in a tough place but will get better! Guests are tough as we are working out of pandemic and a lot of hotels are all having a hard time filling positions. Excellent culture and a lot of ways to develop within company!

Muy buen trabajo

Buen lugar para trabajar , buena comunicación. Buenos beneficios, es una de las mejores compañías que e trabajado , dan buen trato a sus empleados y management Respeta a sus empleados.

Easy going

Was a fun place to work and meet people. The work was easy and there was always a lot of OT available. Union property and usually always busy or sold out.

A good place to work, can move up if possible

I was satisfied working with the company a very good place to work and there is always different types of positions available to us associate I work with this company for 30 years

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Health care

Not Interested in Buying Quality Products

It was boring as s**t. Everything was frozen or canned food service grade staples. We couldn't buy decent protiens or veggies. Local Management were idiots who had no sense of taste or what good food was. I worked the public school calendar. There was fabulous day care next door for my children. Medical plan was good. Regular raises. All in all it was not a bad place to work.

I love Marriott family! It is my house for the last past 22 yrs

I would love to back with my family and do what I love !! Take care my guest !!!! It is very interesting work with many culture and learn! The space working with the company is fantastic ! Company help the employee as much they can !

Pros

Cons

Everything perfect

Worked in food nd beverage department

I was mostly back house. On staff we dealt with mostly catering in banquet style nd it was an amazing experience .. in Terry town Marriott in Yonkers ny

Great location and great clientele

I experienced many wonderful years working for the Marriott Marquis. I had great benefits and good pay. I enjoy the experience of a typical day which involves talking with people from all over the world. I have learned from my coworkers and my managers many lessons about dealing with situations that arise from day to day with our guests. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the friendships I have made with so many wonderful and interesting people from both international and local destinations

Pros

I had set days off

Cons

Too many complaints from the associates.

It’s a great company to work. Great community !

With Marriott my family and I travel the world and the opportunity to stay in the best hotels is priceless. I will always forever grateful for that company.

Pros

Management are very good and a great culture there. Endless opportunity.

Cons

There a few bad apples around our colleagues. Otherwise it’s a gift working for Marriott

Fast paced

Great company to work for. Benefits are great but the hours are very long. Great work culture. Customers can be mean because they are always right....

Good job to bulid people skills

Friendly co-workers, met a wide range of guests with different attitudes, and learned how to deal with stressful encounters. Overall a good company to work for.

Pros

Free lunch, employee discounts on hotel rooms, insurance, 401K, good company culture

Cons

Rude guests, slow season, work on weekends

People ARE NOT first!

Their motto is “People First”. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I was informed that my position was being eliminated and they were going to help me get placed. But I had to move to a different city. When I applied for some jobs they did not assist in having me be the front runner to get the position. I was told a few months later that if I wanted to stay with the company I would have to take a step back and a paycut. I looked outside the company and found a role that was more money and a step up.

Friendly atmosphere, good relationships, one big family.

Marriott Managed hotels that have been effected by the Pandemic in which decisions on the corporate level have prompted Marriott parting ways with Ownership groups, has impacted many associates that have put their blood, sweat and tears into their respective properties. However, should a return to the industry happen a position with Marriott is at the top of the list.

Covid ruined everything

The company is famous for giving you a job with several sub jobs built in. They must have downsized and condensed alot of the positions years ago. Now with Covid the company laid everyone off so now the people who are left have even more work while the mgrs play on their laptops.

Pros

Direct deposit

Cons

Bad mgrs and too much work for 1 person

Amazing company to work for.

I do recommend Marriott International to anyone looking for a job, they give you the opportunity to grow and transfer between departments for you to achieve your goals.

Good company benefits

The workplace environment is great. You are supported at every level of your career. We have lots of fun at work and often times you forget you are at work.

A Nice Place to Work

My job includes preparing & serving tables and buffets for hotel meeting guests. The hotel is normally a nice place to work. At times the hours are very long and you can work many days back to back.

guest happiness, opting satisfaction in all that we do

full satisfaction in all that we do to ensure that our customers come back, see our property as their second home. day to day activities serves as a learning tool,

Amazing Company

This is an amazing company to work for! I've worked for the company for years and have always felt supported. They are a family-run company and each property is like its own little family. Such a great company!

I am not hire yet iam a job seeker

Security guard. Marriott hotel eastside o3 1o 2020 if i am hired i am going to be happy working for marriott hotel to me is a dream come true now i am in

Good benefits

Good benefits for the family. If you live in the city, its easy to get you. Employees are nice and its very busy. You must know how to multitask and get the job done.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • New York, NY