Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Newark, DE

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Very flexible

Great company to work for as long as it's a managed hotel. Flexible hours, paid training, fast paced and very rewarding. Insurance paid time off room for growth

Not really Marriott's fault...

The mngmnt, and owners at TownePlace in Newark, are much to be desired, it's a real shame because it could be a great place to work. I loved the other employees though.

Hard work for little pay

The one I worked at the manager was racist, un appreciative, and lazy. Mgt above her did nothing about favoritism nor stealing when brought to his attention. It was a hard, back breaking job but nice in a sense that time flew by so fast and the task at hand were easy. The job was just demanding and would had been less demanding if linen closets were filled and ready for us in the mornings instead of all the running back n forth n up n down steps all day trying to find all the supplies you need to complete your say. Very un organized. Staff was not very friendly on top of everything else.

Pros

My teammates were very niceto work with

Cons

No time for breaks. You have an alotted time per room no matter the condition

Housekeeper

I enjoyed working for Marriott. The staff is what makes the day go by faster. Management can be trained a little better on how to speak with their employees. My only cons are the hourly pay. We are paid very little and it’s prolly due to tips but it’s not all the time we receive tips. The lunch break could be at least an hour considering how many rooms were cleaning a day and how exhausted we are

Housekeeping

Working cleaning every room for next costumer to relaxe for next day feeling comfortable at home and energized for next day clean and refreshing make beds

illegal conditions; no break. too much work for little pay

illegal conditions; no break on 8 hour shift. too much work for little pay. when I had training it was so unorganized I was sitting there for hours bored with nothing to do. only one person at the desk so cannot do anything, better hope no emergencies happen, you’re all alone! especially overnight i’ve had multiple bad experiences.

Terrible Management & Lack of leadership!!

The hotel is new and in a pretty good location. The GM has no idea how to be a leader and has no clue on how to work with his team. Very rude and doesn’t trust none of the staff to effectively do their job. The entire management team is lost and everyone does what they want.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Poor management and lack of leadership

Wonderful fun place to work

I learned so much during my time here. I was encouraged to implement my own plans to better the associate and guest experience. Every day was fun and joyful.

Terrible

Terrible management and very unprofessional. Staff is unappreciated and taken advantage of. Management is deceitful and there is no HR department to bring any concerns to. Suspicious activities occur within the property and management partakes in it. The only reason I rated this company with 1 star is because 0 was not an option.

Pros

No pros at all.

i loved this job

one of my favorite jobs i wish i never left, great experience, great people, and the benefits of traveling are cool with the discounts!!

productive with advancement opportunities

The most enjoyable part of this job is making food. The hardest part learning the recipes for seasonal items. I learned how to use a knife yo make certain cuts.

intense demands

did not enjoy working for this hotel. would not work for them again

Marriott

Standard 9-5 job, nice people. Good company. Learned a lot about the hotel and hospitality industry as a whole

Productive positive customer oriented work place.

Day to day we work ethic and moral are high. All departments work together to meet end of day goals and keep guest satisfied. The environment is very supportive. The most difficult part of the job is handling unhappy guest when the reason is out of your control, such as, heating issues or something in the lines of mattress not being firm enough. The satisfaction and challenge is in keeping that same guest happy and finding resolution that is satisfying to them.

Pros

Marriott discount

Cons

The hour drive to work

Night Audit

11pm to 7am, Often I was the only employee at the 128 room Courtyard. They had laid off the night houseperson and the night security guard and rolled those two jobs into mine. I enjoyed the job despite the stress involved.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

I was doing 3 people`s jobs for $11 an hour

Stressful work enviorment

Employees were treated with very little dignity and respect. People in management typically looked out for themselves. Very dis organized on the daily basis. Housekeepers were payed the least but are the one's that keep the hotel running/ without room turn overs there is no business.

Pros

hotel dis count

Cons

over worked for little pay/ winter months have shorter hours of work

Is not there anymore was torn down and rebuilt.

When I worked for Marriott it was as a waitress and hostess, plus did a lot of other things. It was a great place to work when the times in the 70's were rough and hard to find a job. I started right out of high school and worked until I had 2 children. I do miss the people that I worked with, some of us do keep in touch. It was one big family that was the atmosphere of working there. Management was good they wanted me to go into management but I was young and not ready to me as I said married to my job. I have grown up a lot since then. I have worked in management for sodexo in their school division. I am temporally laid off for the summer. I am looking to move back to DE.

Pros

good management, fun people to work with

Cons

working holidays, and weekends all the time.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Newark, DE