Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Newport Beach, CA

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

I enjoyed working with all my assonates !

I have been in the hotel business for over 67 years and the position at the Marriott Newport Beach was one of my very best experiences! I looked forward to going to work each day !

Working at Marriott is ok

What I learned is the workplace culture, is that different departments may have different cultures. You can't expect every department to have the same attitude or perspective on everything. The main goal is that in the end, you all have the same vision in serving customers.As far as the job, it is ok. The best part of working at the Marriott were the people I worked with. Some were directors or managers, but mostly, the people in the trenches: banquests, front desk...etc

Pros

Brand recognition, diverse group of clients

Cons

Lack of substantial pay increases, no real career development

Great Place

Great place to work! Management ensures proper training is provided to all staff. Work environment overall was agreat experience for me. Loved working here.

Enjoyed working for this company.

Beautiful hotel, hr always available if you had any questions or help, fun and polite managers, always willing to help when you need it , excellent benefits .

Cons

Don't really have any cons.

Great environment to sharpen your customer service skills.

The Marriott is great company to learn and sharpen your customer service skill. Great entry level job with very good perks. Lots of opportunity no matter where you live in the world.

Great place to work, I feel the company cates about their employees. I like all the benefits the company offers, whenever you need a day off they make arrangements so you can get it

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

productive workplace and always new clientele

Nice place to work. Business in the bar and restaurant depends on occupancy. Weddings, conventions, make up a majority of the hotels business... the business in the bar and restaurant can be either very slow or very busy, but there is always something to do. Good co workers, everyone works well together. I have learned a lot since working here and enjoy my work.

Pros

free lunches, discounts, benefits program

Cons

Great benefits and good energy

Loved the company, my leadership team, coworkers and the benefits! Wish I was able to continue working for them; however, covid has caused the company to make massive layoffs :(

AMAZING Boss and Department!

The spa team is amazing, and always bringing in results. Our department is filled with creative individuals who are basically a family! Our boss is like our mom and we love working for her and with her, she constantly supports you and wishes you the best, and then you're also working for Marriott, a beautiful company culture with a great sense of belonging. Work is always fun with such an energetic team!

Nice People, Horrible Guests

I worked for Marriott Vacation Club which is different from the full-service Marriott Internation side. Owners can be jerks and demanding. Managers at my specific property were all nice people not always the best at their jobs but tried to be. The head of our Front Office and the old Assistant Front Office manager are kind ladies that want to watch people grow and encourage people to challenge themselves. The downsides are the crazy hours and entitled guests but I've enjoyed my time there overall.

terrible management

company does not REALLY care about customer service. Marriott management does not care about the employees. Management brags about Brand Standards however has no idea how to achieve them properly. Having to give last call and kick guests out of the bar as they have traveled & are getting a bite to eat is just not right. I could see if its 1:45am but at 10:45am because a new AGM or GM just made that a new policy. Sales always justified keeping the bar open & after 17 years of bartending I knew when & how to close a bar down. I have also never in my life been told to leave a pint glass up & not face down on bar mats having them ready to pour. Really? So dust & whatnot could get in them.....I guess if you want things floating in your tap beer!! This may sound petty but it would take pages to go into real detail about the way they wanted the bar set up for daily operations. They cared about aesthetic & not functionality that would give quick service to the guests. For one example my well which should be left to right Vodka,Gin,Rum,Tequila, Triple Sec, Whiskey, Scotch, lime juice , grenadine which is a general rule to which liquors are used most frequently. It may vary bar to bar but its very known there is an established order & usually a good reason for that order. Secret audits (but not secret) arranged by management so they could give false information on your score for a write up done to the employees that may have asked/challenged changes that made no sense to anyone.I have no problem with change however most companies encourage employee feedback & will discuss changes etc. -

Job is okay

Some employees were a pain to work with just made it more difficult to work. Besides that, the rest of staff was great & helpful. Company in general is awesome had great benefits(depending on property). Pay was okay but could have been better for the work and stress levels you deal with. Would definitely recommend to work for company in general.

Great location for connections but too greedy with money

Management was very secretive and were not excellent with celebrating employees but the atmosphere of the employees was always fun and hard working. Would recommend

Pros

food at low cost

Cons

guests

Fun place

This job was so fun. Helping guest and stocking merchandise was like Christmas everyday. Great hotel discounts and stay at any location employee discounts. Very busy fast pases relaxed cheerful.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Can’t be late more than 34 times

Very self-driven , corporate can be difficult to deal with sometimes

your typical day at the Marriott began with prepping in the a. M. For the restaurant the lobby and any room service orders that came in typical shift starts at five 6 in the morning goes till 2 p.m , you feed breakfast in begin p. M. Prep for the dinner service. Skimpiest begins around 2 p. M. And runs about 12 a. M.. set shift consists of prepping everything out for banquets private events restaurant the lobby and any room service orders that might come in for the evening busyness depends on Hotel capacity. the compensation and benefits at the Marriott are okay. Once you in with the Marriott it is a solid job it's a stable job it will always be there if you put the effort into it room for growth is slow but if you're willing to put the time and do it it'll be beneficial in the long run. because of the fact that it's such a giant company there's a lot of management that intertwine with everyday functions as well as corporate rules and regulations which at times make it tedious but if you can get over that and they're a big fan of corporate Marriott would be great

Pros

Steady job long-term

Cons

Too much management

Good College Job

Working in the restaurant as a food runner was great. The night shifts were fun and profitable, of course it depends on your co-workers; working and average of 6 hours a night, making at least $100.00 on average (weekends you would leave with more). Management attitude and skill set vary, some were hands-on and some were pencil pushers. I recommend this job for anyone that is in college and needs to pay their way through school.

Awesome

Great place to work if you would like to be in a hospitality environment. While providing guest with an awesome experience. I would suggest this position to anyone who loves customer service.

Great property but a lot of work

Great property, visually beautiful environment, welcoming coworkers,overall very pleasant clientele, managers give you total empowerment to do whatever it takes to make the guests happy. However it is a difficult property to work at because of its size as well as the fact that its a resort.

Pros

cafeteria, parking, decent uniforms

Cons

laborious check ins, schedule changes weekly

N/a

Marriott is a great company, they have a lot of good benefits and discounts. They are individually owned and have different owners so each hotels is ran differently.

concierge

excellent company to work for with great benefits and all around great management. flexible and they care for their employees. teach great customer service

Pros

marriott hotel stays

Cons

n/a

Great work environment, Freedom.

Dealing with high cliental. Coming up with creative new ways to promote Marriott Vacation Club. Interacting with Co-workers, stratagizing to be more efficient with what needs to be done. Owner referrals, constantly learning about the company growth and new properties opening up. Management at the Marriott is outstanding, Co-workers are amazing. Hardest part about the job is putting in a ton of effort and not getting the sale. This is who I am tenacious, perseverance, attention to detail, achieves results, accountable, dynamic.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Newport Beach, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?