Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Oak Brook, IL

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

excellent

Marriott international is just a place where you want to be. It is not only because they have a really strong structure, but also the opportunities with in the company are really good.

Lean staffing is a scourge

Like so many employers, this hotel was too concerned about the owners making absurd profits, at the cost of their employees' overall health. There were many times where we were completely short staffed with 90+ arrivals on nights where management simply refused to cover when they should have. Let me tell you, there is nothing quite like having to work a front desk shift on a night with that many arrivals and no one on phones to take room service orders, leaving you and your single coworker to check in all these guests and field tons of phone calls a night, sometimes not even having time to take our 30 minute breaks. I was often forced to cover many of these shifts myself, and took on a massive workload of various projects as well as having to discipline the staff for my manager who seemed completely inept and afraid to discipline them on their own. Morale was low with my team for about the entire last two years I worked there.

Pros

Free lunch, EXCELLENT benefits, great PTO benefits

Cons

No leadership, Sometimes no breaks, lean staffing

It is face paced, good that offers benefits. It can work on paying its employees a little better. Also, it is a good to have free lunches and offering medical, dental and 401 K.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No breaks low pay

Marriott Management and Employees are the essential to great hospitality.

Great place overall from job placement/advancement opportunities. Pay and benefits were the best in my portfolio. Management and employees made perfection a standard through a great training and procedures policy.

The score that was given reflects the fact we had no GM and it effected all of leadership and our staff .

A typical day is standing for about 10 house. I learned how to lead a diverse work force. We did not have a GM during my time there. The culture was not a great but we were woking to fix this. I still believe this the result of not enough managers and a GM there was a hard road to lead the way. The hardest part of my job was having no guidance. We never had a gm, but we were getting by. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i would mat new people and working with my teammates.

Pros

beautiful hotel, great team to work with

Cons

60 hours a week. work 6 days a week she times I

The company does not take care of its employees.

The turnover rate is disgustingly high compared to other places. This is a nice place to work and the people are generally good. But no one stays for long. The job does not do anything to make sure its employees stay where they are when their needs aren't met.

Pros

Paid time off, great place to learn

Cons

Management is stale, Too safe

Great Place to work

Banquets at LeMeridien it's a fun and enjoyable place to work mainly because of the Banquet Manager. He created a good team and, while extremely professional and customer focused, he allows us a certain degree of freedom to express our creativity.

Great service team

Great team to work with fantastic food and very convenient location with the mall being so close and a delicious authentic Spanish tapas restaurant up stairs

Pros

Free food and discounts

Cons

No yearly raises

Not a bad place to work

I enjoyed working here. I liked the people, both employees, and most guests. It allowed me to help answer questions, and to solve problems, something I enjoy doing. The hardest part is keeping your mind working during down times, it was an overnight job, so most nights there were plenty of downtime

Cons

Felt management was not behind the employees

fast paced and enjoyable place to work

my typical day at work is organizing and setting up the kitchen, making sure everything is ready and all equipment and supplies are in a good working order.

Pros

free lunch, good benefits

Cons

feel now hwere to grow

a pleasent and wonderful place to work

a wonderful place to work with supportive co-workers and devoted management..a pleasure to be around such positive and energetic individuals

Stressful and miss-managed place to work.

Through my 3 years at Marriott Oakbrook, much was required of associates with minimal compensation or gratitude. This is no reflection on other Marriott properties.

My favorite job

Fun Fun Fun. I really loved this job. Getting to meet new guest everyday while hanging out with a great crew was so awesome

Pros

Hotel Discounts

Cons

Get fat from all that free food

a nice place to work.

nice staff there sometime depending on who you talk to on that day and time i really enjoyed working there. hard working people there very nice staff.

Fun place to work

Occupancy forecasts are inaccurate so it's impossible to judge if you are going to have a busy shift. Also competing with another venue in the hotel. (a 5-star restaurant.) Not enough help from management but will change when staffing becomes more efficient.

Pros

Free lunches, benefits

Cons

Over worked and understaffed

Fun work place.

* Busy and exciting * All about in room dining and billing in mico system, Replenishing mini bar and billing the guest through phone. * Encouraging , helpful and friendly. * Friendly and Helpful. * Traveling. *When the guest is satisfied.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Medicare

no longer a marriott

Learned a lot about Marriott culture and standards. Hotel outdated

Pros

great pay

Cons

over worked, bad management

Wonderful place to work

A wonderful place to work. A great place for advancement in your career.

Productive and Active

Loss prevention officers duties consist's of constant patrols of the hotel (interior/exterior). Documenting employee and guest incidents or injuries, Addressing guest complaints and concerns, and assist with other departments in helping guest needs to provide great service.

Pros

Free Lunches

Fun Atmosphere, with great team work

Manage a staff of 18. Run the day to day operations of the golf shop , as well run all the golf outings that come to the golf course. Work closely with other departments to ensure a outstanding golf experience for each golfer.Handle all payroll and scheduling for the golf shop staff. Pay all bills for the department.Work closely with the director of golf.Have gone through extensive customer Service training as well as trained other staff members

Pros

the people i work with

Cons

number of hours and days per week

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Oak Brook, IL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?