Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Omaha, NE

Found 179 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

40 year career

I loved working at the Marriott Customer Engagment Center UNTIL Marriott purchased Starwood. The Marriott I went to work for IS NOT the Marriott I retired from. Purchasing Starwood was a HUGE mistake and our loyal Marriott guests know it.

Pros

Great Benefits, fair pay, open door policy

Cons

Changed after Starwood became part of Marriott, had to take phone calls after years of email only

Great place to work! Benefits great travel wonderful been around the world !

I was the original home agent that started the program, and continued for 19 years, only left because of Covid. Company was looking to save money so thought I would help out and retire. Sorry that I did this cause I really miss working at the reservation center in Omaha Nebraska, out of my house. Able to be at home and see my kids when getting home from school! And saved big time on transportation, not to mention clothes!!And won a lot of awards, from 3/Willards , many top sales, and not to mention associate of the year!!and million dollar club!! Did retire with quarter century club!!

Pros

Free lunches when hotels came in, and other free things from hotels

Cons

Retirement to early

Remote

Love that I can work remote for my position. Hate that management could careless about their employees. Sales Coordinators could easily take on the roll of their account managers.

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working here, meeting new people and the coworkers here at the hotel are all so friendly! We all worked together to provide top notch service to all guest.

Marriott International was overall a great place to work. There are many longtime employees but there is also the ability to fast track into management if desired. The pay was fair, initial training was good, expectations were clear.

Pay not comparable to other companies for the same job description

Work independently and problem solve with team, independent learning, train individuals throughout the department and contractors, team lead and assistant.

Pros

Room discount

Cons

Expensive healthcare

Great Company to work for

Great company, great benefits, family oriented. I worked in one of the call centers. Loved my position, moved up in the company quickly. However, due to Covid my position was eliminated. Our management at the center was great, however upper management cared more about tenure then performance. Employees were kept that were on their last leg due to performance issues, instead of employees who had worked hard to get where they were and had no performance or attendance issues. Therefore job security is lacking for those who work hard. However, every other aspect of working there was amazing and I truly miss my Marriott Family!

Pros

Benefits, Pto, fun celebrations, center management is great, room for advancement

Cons

Job security due to Covid, Tenure more important then better performance.

Fun place to work where I was treated fairly

Marriott did an outstanding job of fostering a fair and fun culture. They had repeated bbqs for the employees. They offered a great work life balance and encouraged movement to other desks and other departments. All in all it was a great place to work.

Pros

People, work, excitement, atmosphere

Cons

Pay was average

Good place

Great place to work. Company is understanding of medical issues and will make you feel that your job is safe. Pay is decent for the most part. Management cares and provides feedback to help you succeed.

Love Marriott!

I have been with Marriott Bonvoy International for 3 years. I absolutely love working in this company. Because of my medical condition of Epilepsy, they immediately told me they would allow me to work from home. They feared for me as I drove back and forth from home to work and vice versa. How fantastic are they?! They made sure I would be included in the Marriott family and made sure i was safe. I'm so proud to say I work for this wonderful company.

Pros

Caring, Inclusive, Ability to Progress, and Competitive Pay

It's a great place to work

It's a great place to work l Managers and CEO and co-workers are always nice... uplifting caring and concerned. They put in effort to make you feel like we're s family. I love the feedback it helps me achieve my goals. This is a nice great awesome place to work.

Work from home

Being able to work from home made it easier for when after hours and scheduled downtime work was required. Working with team members from around the world.

Over all fun environment

Great hotel benefits for travel, however work life balance did not allow frees of having time off to travel and use benefits without getting a strike against you

Pros

Great hotel discount

Cons

Cannot seem to get PTO approval to use the hotel discount

Community

Not really caring when it comes to sick days. Not really working with you and your home problems. Don’t have many does to call off , even due to family.

Accountability and Ownership

I love working for a company that cares about it's employees and all about profit. I'm a part time worker whos input is just as valuable as full-time, long term people. My input makes a difference. Whether you work from home or on site the company cares about you and your needs.

There is a reason why they call call co-workers Marriott Family

This company puts their employees first. They are willing to work with their employees to do their job well and keep their position if something comes up. They go above and beyond to spoil their staff with free swag, PTO and outstanding Benefits.

Fantastic work environment

I worked at Marriott from June 2015 to Oct 2016, and I only ended up leaving to pursue my higher education full-time. One of the best jobs I ever had- they say "take care of your employees and they will take care of your guests" and they mean it. One warning to my fellow women- you will occasionally get calls from creepy men who treat this as a s*x line. The company encourages you to hang up on them and call a lead if you need someone to talk to about what you went through. They know it's a workplace hazard for women and they really do treat it as a serious issue!

Employee appreciation day!

Marriott Worldwide Reservation Center in Omaha Ne. is Marriott's only 24 hour call center in the world. Marriott provides rewards to loyal clientle, also appreciation to all employees with catered lunch once a week as representatives from alternate locations visit us to provide information on all their properties!!

Excellent Career

I truly enjoyed working for Marriott International! Best fitting job for an mother with an busy schedule. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful Very beneficial for pay and beneifits

Great benefits

Great discount on hotel stays. You learn a lot about the Marriott brands. You also get the chance to move up in the company as you go. Its a friendly environment.

great company and awesome incentives

This is a great company to work for. You can learn geography and different benefits for being a customer as well as an employee. Employee discounts are provided as well.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Omaha, NE