Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Found 401 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Fun place to work

Always come ready to work hard, Always keep your table clean, always said yes Chef yes chef, be on time, keep away from the cafeteria the food is awful, always cold no flavors.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Short break

Fun and great place to work

Management care a lot about their workers. They are super flexible. Pay is good as long as you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing. Also days of when needed

benefits

good place to work if you dont mind commission and young and a fighter but as you get older you need a bit more stability. A place you cn retire from

Pros

good people andd benefits

Cons

commission

Not Paid Enough

I do alot, and not paid enough. Came into this company with a strong background for my position and it is not being utilized. Some management do not appreciate the hard work being done. And we are not compensated enough.

Ok to work. Upper management needs improvement

Good place to work. Good benefits and perks for employees discounts and hotel travel. Resort was nice, fellow employees helped each other. Schedule goods

Pros

Discounts and employees

Cons

Management needs to be trained and a little more personal

It’s Typical but good environment

It’s typical banquet work with nice people for the most part. Sometimes you are on your own a bit too much. Sometimes managers are uncomfortable interacting with some of the guests that don’t look like them.

Pros

Free food decent pay

Cons

Very fast moving and out of control captains at times

Opportunities

Job can be stressful but there are many opportunities for advancement if you put the time and effort in. Benefits are decent and you get discounts for hotel rooms throughout the world.

good

its really nice place and their pay us a good pay also the benifit is really good to and the co worker they are very kind and nice people and i feel like their my family

Very 50/50

I worked at the market place in Grande lakes and it wasn’t the best, first off the management doesn’t mind renewing dates of product that expired like 2 weeks ago. They are not about the guest, for example there was no ground coffee and I was told to tell them to go all the way to the main JW building to get drip coffee. One of the chefs there worked with his masked down especially during busy times and would constantly split in all the sinks constantly when we would have to clean them all by the end of the day and when food was made by him for me I constantly found hairs in my food. It was not a great experience and sad part of it all is they swear they are humble when the management themself talk bad about other co workers and that was a deal breaker for me I don’t recommend that market place at Lakeshore I’m not just saying that either. If you want to be at Marriott apply anywhere else I guarantee it’s better.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Extremely slow, toxic management

n/a

ok place to work, benefits are decent with weekly payfree lunches, hotel/travel discountsvery busy hotel. i would recommend this as an entry level job

Established culture and principles. Good system in place checks and balances. Workers treated fairly to a great extent. Fairly upbeat environment. A lot of diversity at work.

Lots of benefits

I love the Marriott but sadly I got furloughed because of Covid. I wish they would call me back. Great company to work for. Definitely will miss working there,

Pros

Discounted Hotel Rooms

Cons

Lots of Politics

Lack of advancement opportunities

Promotions go to pet employees regardless of experience Management has a good old boy advancement culture. Benefits are respectable pay is decent Lack of respect from middle management

Pros

Benefits, pay is decent

Cons

Double standards for different employees

Management is great. Team environment. Shift is good for me. Great opportunities, good training. Pleasant place to work. Great company to work for with good benefits.

Learning Experience

Great experience into the Marriott enterprise to learn the values and standards of the company. You learn the processes and applications to deal with all guest experiences and also group processes.

Love this company!

One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!

Great Company Overall

I have enjoyed my time with Marriott. Leadership is always visible and has an open door policy for all. They are excited to share their vision for our property and the part each host plays in that vision. If you are a hard worker and are open with your leader about your career goals, they will work with you to develop a plan to get you where you want to be. There are lots of opportunities within the company.

Pros

Career Development/Opportunities.

Cons

None.

Productive and Fun

Working for the Marriot was a well needed and accepted change from my previous location. The leadership at my location was phenomenal and friendly. The Chefs knew their trade and craft and were able to concisely express what and how they wanted their products and needs met. The overall atmosphere was welcoming and warm and the entire company as a whole treated you like a family and looked out for you and your best needs.

Pros

Great work environment, friendly staff and coworkers, skilled leadership

great company but sometimes mismanaged

you are able to grow and make the most of your life goals at this company. But sometimes times your manager dosent want you to progress any other way than the way they want you too. Weather it be fast and easy or slow and hard.

Pros

opportunities to do anything

Cons

Bad management

Great company to work for.

I worked for this company for almost 10 years, I don't have anything bad to say about Marriott. This company give me many opportunities to get success in my career, my personal life and the managers were always able to help me up when I need it. Even that I am not part of this company anymore because the COVID19, I feel Marriott Company will be part of my life forever. I have to start a new chapter in my life but I will take the company in my heart.

Pros

People is the most important part for this company.

Cons

No negative coments.

Coming in on time everyday. Getting my scheduled rooms, packing and loading supplys to my card , starting on a empty room taking all laundy out and cleaning rooms proberly.

Pros

Tips

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Orlando, FL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?