Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Palm Desert, CA

Found 89 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Love it

I loved my position as a nail tech if it wasn’t for Covid I’d still be there for the long run , the guests and co workers were good people to be around .

I have been a loyal and professional employee for Marriot for years and feel that they would have no problem throwing me under the bus

Marriott is a large corporation that puts profits in front of they're employees long term well being. I was laid off because of COVID19, I have had to fight for my jopb many times because of managers putting they're own agender before that of their employees

It’s giod

Es una compañía con varios beneficios que ayuda a tener un trabajo estable y que puede acomodar tus horas o tus dias acorde a tus necesidades de trabajo familias o estudio

Food & Beverage

I served at the Palo Verde pool F&B Manager was very unfair. I did not feel supported from my superiors. I was left to work alone during the busiest times while the main restaurant had 20 employees working and it would be slow (no need for those labor hours). I was very isolated from rest of staff and I ran out of certain food and supplies often upsetting the guests. The menu constantly changing, never consistent. I only liked the PTO/VACATION.

Good

Huge company if seeking to grow with company, many different departments to choose from kitchen, office, recreation, housekeeping, spa, maintenance, and more. Awesome discounts

Awesome place

Great boss and location. Everyone that has been there wanted to be there and management was Awesome! they even gave me time off for school and allowed me to make up the hours.

The culture for employees does not match other hospitality industry

there is long hours and not flexibility with work life balance. The structure of the new brand does not match what I am passionate about any longer. The new Marriott HR personal is not knowledgeable about what happens on at the resort level.

Pros

new property, meet different people

Cons

no work life balance, poor pay

A Culture of Fun

The company has a very fun, meaningful and worthwhile experience when I was working there. For a first job, it was a great experience and looking forward to work with them again in the future.

Great workplace

Marriott offers a great opportunity of growth and also they care about their associates ... they have an awesome team that we I’ll help u overcome goals

Horrible experience

Human resources was extremely difficult to work with. General Manager would not allow me to hire employees even though we were short staffed but had room in the budget to two more people. Overall a horrible work experience!

Pros

benefits package

Cons

upper management

They expect a lot

They expect a lot of efficiency in a short amount of time. It makes that hard to want to stay working there, which in turn it makes it hard to pass probation.

Fast paced fun place to work

Great company to work for room for growth and fair treatment. Fast working environment but opportunity to lean from great individuals. I would recommend applying.

Working at the Marriott

The management was great. The hardest part of the job was the first day. I didn't know where anything was. Thankfully, the staff was patient with me and showed me the ropes. Best part of the job was working with the people there. They were friendly and explained to me how to clean or sort stuff. I learned that the conference rooms varied in size. I made a few friends and got along well with others.

Great culture and open environment

Staff and leadership were very supportive. They made it fun to come to work with special events and daily activities. People were great to work with. They provided plenty of support and training.

Discrimination & Favoritisms

I would never recommend this place to anyone, except if is your last option. From the start I was being discriminated, this place is full of smiling faces who stab you iron the back..

Pros

Amazing coworkers and wonderful guest

Cons

Bad management and one of the worst leadership

Great place to work and learn new skills.

Marriott Vacation Club, specifically Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert, was a great place to work. I was referred by a friend and entered as a lifeguard and in less than a year i was able to transfer to the Loss Prevention department. Many great departments to work for and networking is as easy as it is essential. The hiring process was quick and very easy after taking a short assessment test online. Depending on various elements such as season, department, guest occupancy, etc, your schedule can vary every week or you may be on a fixed schedule.

Pros

Health, Dental & Vision are offered. 401k. Perks such as free gym usage.

Cons

Scheduling may become a conflict if you need certain days or shifts off.

Excellent Culture

I enjoyed learning from management and working alongside my team. We had excellent team environment and I would recommend working for Marriott. I may again work for them in the future however I would like to make more than $30,000-$50,000 in one year and it may be difficult to find a job at Marriott for my goals.

Great if you like Vacation Sales

Lots of opportunity to sell vacation packages and time share memberships. Beautiful property, its fun to meet interesting people and at this location you will.

great job

i learned how to check in guests good phone educate the hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers who were angry when they didn't get what they wanted

Not so good

I was set up for failure by lazy, incompetent colleagues who did not like my professional work ethic. I wasn't too concerned about that because I figured the manager would appreciate my work ethic and attention to detail. I was wrong.

Pros

It has decent benefits.

Cons

Low pay, incompetent management and colleagues

Fun koo people to work with

I love working there because they are polite drama free employees help out alot when needed they have everything very organize and where they need to be

Cons

Hoh

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Palm Desert, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?