Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Found 156 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Good pay

Housekeeping isn’t pretty, but the pay is good. Some room for advancement, transferring from one location to another may also help. My location offered discount meals at their restaurant.

Great pay and environment

Good consistant work. Good pay. Decent management. Great location with beautiful ballrooms that hosted over a thousand people....quite a site to see when in full swing. It's been a long time since I worked for Marriott but if any one looking to make a living out there, this is a great place to get started at if you get in. If you get in, you can be assured to have consistant, dependable work, of course, this was all pre-covid pandemic, hope all gets swinging the way it was.

Pros

Consistant work

Cons

Early hours if doing breakfast

Great culture, as advertised!!!

This Company truly practices what they preach. Taking care of associates is the #1 priority! This creates an outstanding work atmosphere in which the team strives to achieve excellence.

Pros

Benefit Package

Cons

Schedule (hospitality)

Marriott is a good place to work.It encourages education and progress. It's a place where you can find workers with different cultures and everyone feeling at home. The salary is good and also good benefits.

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch and dinner

Cons

Some departmentsmust work during weekend (like house keeping)

Great company

Great company to work for. Really care about all their employees and also have advancement within the company. If you work well and go above and beyond for the guests, the company always a great source for it.

Productive professional and nurturing work environment

Fulfilling work and life balance. Ability to cross train across disciplines and truly perfect business acumen. Training and support from executive level management.

Great place to start

Awesome benefits and many open doors to walk threw. Do your job and show the desire to do more, they will let you. Being able to stay at their hotels and see how each property is run the same is great.

working the housekeeping was fun for me and good

It's a good job because you stay active. It has many things to learn, one of them socializing with people from different parts of the world. Very interesting.

Managers and Hr are a team

The workers bust their behinds off and its RARELY appreciated. Most managers have been in the building forever and they've formed "clicks". HR is suppose to be there for the hourly associates but they're all friends of the managers so you'll never have a fair shot unless you bring in corporate. They're extremely messy and when things go wrong, they don't aim at the head, they go directly to the feet (hourly associates). Working for Marriott is beneficial but keep to yourself and stay quiet, that way you wont become a target. Retaliation is their number one thing.

Rewarding work; but little work/life balance

I love the people I work with at Marriott. You work hard and it's rewarding work. However, the work/life balance is hard to come by depending on what your position is. Burn out is pretty frequent especially in the Event Management world.

Pros

rewarding work; good benifits

Cons

not good work life balance

Inspector/housekeeping

I don’t think I ever had a hard time working at this job it was easy I didn’t mind none of my room was really Bad the enjoyable part was getting my job done and right make knocking out all my rooms and list out on time and Extra shifts was give to you if you wanted

Worse place to work

Work/life balance is horrible. You’re too tired to do anything except sleep and try to prepare yourself for work. I recently had a baby and I felt like I was punished for having my daughter. HR doesn’t care about you as a human being. Terrible company.

Pretty good

I liked the company but I want a new start in my life . This is a new start in my life and I’m happy to be in this company. I can start at any time or day .

For Cooks there's a lot of room to grow you start off at a good rate of 17.32 for a entry-level position they hire you with a criminal background if you explain your record.

Great

This Company has great staff and great benefits. Free lunch and great PTO and a 401 Package which the company matches. I loved working for Marriott !!!

Great job at Navy Yard

Great managers, great collaboration with all departments. Well kept property. Opportunities to meet famous people in town as this property was located next to all 3 stadium. Would still be here if I hadn’t relocated.

Pros

Team efficiency, pay grade, discounts

Cons

Fluctuating schedule and shifts

No opportunity to advance

Marriott International makes so much money on the back of their employees. However, I felt like I was slave working for Marriott plantation. Most people who keep working for Marriott are people who don't have any other option.

Great job

Was a great experience for me I like it have a good and great opportunity for me to work with people and learn how to work with people and is a place where u would like to be as a employee

fun work place

its a nice company. friendly staff. Everyone helps out even management and HR also helps. They pay you if they need you to do extra rooms. They always ask if you are okay or if you need help.

A very good company

This is a very good company the staff work very well together... you get good customer service. Overall it's a very welcoming place you'll feel like you spend your money wisely

It was overall nice

The Marriott is a very clean modern place . Some times things could tend to get messy but overall its a great experience . There is definitely things you could learn and tons of important people you could connect with to benefit to your personal life . I am appreciative and overall Blessed . Thank You :)

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Philadelphia, PA