Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Found 98 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great guests make the job worth it

If you are lucky to have a solid management team, the next best thing is the guest relationships you get to make. Depending on your property and your job title, you will get to meet such a great variation of guests. Understand people are paying for their services, and you are in the business of making people happy. But when the guests are great, it makes coming to work even better.

Great work environment

Great work environment and people I work with. Great sales and catering team. Departments work great with each other. Great benefits and travel options.

Excellent benefits, pay is decent, lot of opportunities to learn different aspects of the hospitality business

Pay & benefitsThe pay for at Marriott International is on the lower end in the hospitality industry but the benefits are amazing. If you are looking for a job with great overall benefits this is a good place to go to.

The people were terrible!! My boss was lazy and incompetent. The lady in charge of me didn’t even speak English.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Marriott International, Inc. is non existentPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are horribleJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Marriott International, Inc., I think terribleManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. lazyCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Marriott International, Inc. is terrible they were lazy and rudeOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. horrible

Outstanding

A fast paced environment where everyone is working to provide guests with the most welcoming stay. Everyone is goal focused and always professional when it comes to working for Marriott.

High pressure workplace

In most cases Marriott Corporation is a wonderful place to work, It’s easy to transfer from one location to another, I’ve transferred three different times and across state lines

Benefits

Cons

A lot of youth in the management positions

High expectations, low results

I worked at the Ritz-Carlton for several years in upper management. They claim to have really high standards, which I was thrilled to be part of, but little by little, the shine wore off. Many people did not adhere to the credo. I was bullied and treated poorly by people who should have been helping me handle a heavy workload. Some of the people were a joy to work with and belonged at the Ritz-Carlton, but way too many were just there to do as little as possible to get by.

Pros

Location, pay.

Cons

Very heavy workload, tolerated bullying culture and sloppy people/work.

Great company to work for lots of growth opportunity and training available with reasonable pay options and bonus

I oversee all of culinary the stewarding department the banquet department kitchen the associate dining, in room dining offsite catering, payroll food cost labor cost and controllable costs. Forecasting and budgeting I write all the menus for the hotel for banquets and the province restaurant. I oversee a group of 25 associates and two managers

Low pay

The only thing i didn't like is that we all had to share laundry, um i thought they should have a laundry person fold laundry, not us who work the front counter. I guess they were trying to save money. It wasn't a actual Marriott it was Fairfield Inn by Marriott.

Great

Working with lots of other people from different backgrounds, and along with guest have been the best experience. What I’ve learned from the years working was that it always best to achieve and set goals.

Friendly and exciting work environment

My coworkers have all be friendly and easy to work with. Management has always shown concern and recognition when necessary. Guest interactions and local events make everyday feel different. Working in hospitality, especially as a shuttle driver has given me the opportunity to meet and interact with people I otherwise wouldn't have. The level of exposure to people from all walks of life has made me more social and confident in who I am and what I can provide for others. I've definitely had a very positive experience working for Marriott.

Not a good transition

I formally worked for Starwood Resorts and Hotels when it was taken over by MARRIOT. The transition was awful nobody knew anything. We lost vacation and sick pay, we were not paid for Holidays we asked for. Our managers were no help cause they didnt know what the process was. I gave it almost 3 years to get it all figured out, moving on. Ive found that Marriott is all about the profit and not about their employees at all. I worked in the culinary dept where if somebody quit they were never replaced, everyone else would just get more work to do. When I left there were only 6 cooks all day left for the entire Hotel thats including room service, restaurant , banquets and cafeteria food for Employees.

Housekeeping

Hours vary day to day not a set schedule, difficult to plan ahead without knowing your hours you are scheduled to work. It is rare to work a full 40 hours a week.

great place to work

it is a great company and it would take me a lot to leave , I spend most of my day with people what throughout the years became my second family. my hours vary as business demands

No work to life balance

It was very hard to make decent money because they would often make you work up to ten hours in the middle of summer when they had big events. We would have to close everything up and we barely got brakes when it was busy. Although when it was slow they would cut you immediately. They had a way of working you to the bone but cutting you off so you had no hours. Overall it was not a great workplace. Although the Marriott company has a very good workplace structure.

Pros

job structure, fair rules

Cons

horrible pay, bad upper management, no work to life balance, take advantage of workers

its ok

their attendance policies need to change and more parking for employees. the chef take them self way to seriously. and expect to be written up a lot, like for going to the bathroom at the wrong time or something dumb like that.

Pros

nice proprty

Cons

bad managment

Great Place to start a career

First job out of school, learned a lot about working for a big company, how day-to-day works at large company. Management was great, culture was great.

Great for college students

Great money for someone just out of high school, you will make no money of you are lazy and un motivated. Heavy tip based job. Poor management, intemdent for long term temporary jobs.

Pros

Free lunch, hotel benefits, occasional free banquet food

Cons

Morning shifts commonly don't get breaks if too busy.

Laundry and more

The days are average and they gave me suggestions on what do to make my working experience easier ,the manager was the kindest most supportive person I've had known overall it was good except that there should've been one individual other than me to support my health and wellbeing.

Pros

Raffles, other

Cons

Not to be so pushy about days off or requests

Marriot

A very fun team to work with. Helped me build connections with the marriot team. They helped me build skills that I didn’t need I know. Would easily recommend this job.

Pros

Entertaining, people

Cons

Pay

Marriott doesn't Invest

I worked on the Overnight shift at the Marriott and it seems that they will accept any Supervisor that shows interest for this shift. The Core values aren't upheld by the Overnight Supervisors. Shame on them

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Phoenix, AZ