Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Plano, TX

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Room for growth

Working with Marriott there is a lot of room for growth. I started at the front desk and quickly worked my way up to the sales office with the support from my former manager and GM.

Overall- a great company.

Marriott can be amazing and it can be also not very lucrative for the people on the small end of the totem pole. Depends on where you are wanting to go and this is somewhere you use as a stepping stone and 100% for creating a career out of. Not easy to get in with this company. But when you do, your pretty set. I wish the pay was better. Great upper management almost always. Directors and GMs. Very vetted people.

Exciting place to work

working with people and get to meet new clients day to day business very friendly environment and learn new business Technic every day , great company to work and management is great

Great for building a career with benefits

Opportunities to to grow while being trained and build a career. Almost un limited opportunities to travel and relocate if desired. ... Variety of vocations with opportunities to cross train

I only worked part time I didnt experience any recreations

I worked at Marriot part time as a cashier in their eating facility! Loved the job and the people! I relocated for a few years, but I'm back in Texas!

A fine company to work part time for

I enjoy the part time environment more then full time. They are pretty laid back and it is hard to get fired from this job. The employees are very friendly and do not try to stab you in the back to the work environment is good.

Pros

Free Food, Room Discounts and Employee Online training

Cons

Dealing with irate customers and drunk people on the weekends.

Busy

I clock in and I start working on lunch orders, I learned that management likes to micromanage, and that it isnt so much team work but everyone for themselves and no help is offered it is expected.

Great Company and Great Work Environment

Marriott was an incredible company to work for. Their commitment to their brand and the structure with which they provided training was amazing. They really created a family and team environment while giving you the skills to do your job well.

Fast paced environment, low pay

Fast paced environment with great benefits, however the pay is a little low. Learned a great deal about the ins and outs of the claims department. Great learning experience!

Need to expand my horizons

Just looking for something new Benefits were good and 401k Pay was decent but not enough the staff was good Frequent quest I will miss Sports teams at my location are annoying sometimes

Pros

Health care benefits

Cons

Shift schedule

Avoid Working for Kriya Managed Hotels

Even though the hotel is a Marriott hotel, the particular hotel I worked at was managed by Kriya Hotels. They are a horrible management company. Will not spend any money on the basic needs of the hotel and you get yelled at when you spend a few dollars to order parts for repairs. Their benefits are horrible. They do not offer any pay raises. Don't even think about working any overtime because they will go in and manually adjust your timecard to be 40 hours and not a minute more. However, they want you on call 24x7 and expect you to drop what you are doing and drive to the hotel and work however long it takes to fix the problem.

Pros

Cons

Horrible benefits, Management company has horrible leadership

An Exploratory Place To Advance Your Career

Managing the transition between management and the clients. Supporting the customer needs with the integrity of the company. The company gives an individual the opportunity to explore their ideas along with inputting them.

Pros

Great Atmosphere

Cons

Organizational Structure

Leader in the Hospitality Industry

Leader in the Hospitality Industry. Great work environment with a focus on loyalty and commitment. Exceptional talent leading the way into a brighter future.

Was a pretty chill place to work

Was a cool place to work but management wasn't that great people where fun but that only gets you so far and when you are given more then what is your share of the work it gets over barring

Productive and fun environment at the workplace

Checking guests in, offering amenities and the best of service to the guests has always been a passion of mine. It feels the best to satisfy a guest to their complete needs and see them smiling every time you see them during their stay.The worst part about the job was the management. The most important aspect of a hotel is the satisfaction of the guest. My co-workers were great, I was a team leader and recruited, trained, and lead many employees to their first stepping stones of a life-long career.

Awesome company

Marriott is a great company to work! The training opportunities are great! The best part is being able to travel and work in any city, state, or Country.

Modern environment - lots of technology

From 2011 to present, a day in the life was always fun. Surprise pancake breakfasts cooked by the boss. Spur of moment jeans days. However, sales is top priority and developing stong talent is a must. Team received Sales Team of the Year in 2012 and 2013 plus Global Sales Team of the Year in 2013. Managers have been in position for many yesrs and are able to help with just about anythinf. Co-workers are mostly young - all willing to help each other.

Pros

People that care about each other and all work with the same goal.

Cons

1/2 lunches and for me the long drive on busy highways.

Good people, work-life balance, get to meet a lot of interesting characters "Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling

Great Opportunities in this industry

It is a great place for opportunity, as well as benefits, to grow and be great!

marriot

I really enjoyed working for this company. made work fun. really cared about its employees

Job out of High School

Excellent Company. Enjoyed learning everything I could from the people I worked with.

Pros

learned a lot from this company and management

Cons

left for school

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Plano, TX