Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Portland, OR

Found 55 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Good place to work, great pay & benefits

Good atmosphere, great pay. Hotel operations is hard work. Somewhat able to find a work/life balance. GM cares about all employees and wants managers to learn and move up.

expected a lot for a part time minimum wage job

I was hired for front desk, during my interview I was told I would be working the bistro a well because of the hotel being so short staffed, but I would only be making minimum wage. During one of my on boarding days the front desk manger was spread pretty thin conducting interviews and working the desk, after seeing that I didn't understand why I was hired for only part time and they were still actively hiring people.

Pros

benefits were nice but they wouldn't be avaliable to me as a part time employee

Cons

the manager wasn't personable at all, horrible pay and expected to have open avalibilty for part time

Amazing start to hospitality

I still look back at my Marriott Training as some of the best foundation to customer service, hospitality, and guest relations. Great training that I will never forget.

Muy buena

Excelente jefes compañerismo. Motivaciones al equipo

Fast-Paced, Rewarding Job

If you do well in high speed environments and love to please guests, this is a great job for you. There are a lot of incentives and teamwork as well as individual advancement opportunities.

Lots of locations to transfer to.

One meal per shift at no charge. Uniform cleaning free of charge. Discounted travel rates. Opportunities to transfer to other locations. Lots of software programs to master.

Enjoyable place to work with very good benefits.

The ability to be creative is the most enjoyable part of my position. The hardest part of my job would be when there are large functions and it is extremely busy with the key to success being the ability to plan ahead to keep things moving smoothly. Management is very supportive of all employees.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, free lunches.

Cons

Slow times with few functions.

Solid company with great culture!

This was one of my favorite jobs. I felt like my team was like family. I would recommend the Marriott, but specifically the Portland Marriott City Center. Amazing people with great culture and plenty of room for career advancement.

This was a fun job for the most part. I installed the camera systems for four of the hotels, which was very interesting. Doing regular hotel maintenance after i completed that task was interesting as well, but pretty difficult sometimes, as I wasn't an experienced maintenance man.

Excellent place to work and grow

One of the best places to work for and grow with multiple challenges. Management team is great and the diversity of employees, makes it a wonder place to work for. At Marriott Hotel, everyone works as a team.

Fun place to work

I worked there as a barista and a busser. Management openly let me train in other fields I was interested in. Very knowledgable staff who make work a very fun place to come to.

Great company - Lacks IT strengths

I work for a franchise property so it would not be fair to review Marriott as a whole when I was not managed by them. I will say that the role out of new systems to franchise properties was a disaster and there seemed to be a lack of care with guaranteeing success in the transition.

Fun, fast pace, opportunities, annoying management

Wonderful place to work, so many possibilities for cross-training. This is very much a family environment or every department will help you out. Management it's a little bit unrealistic expectations but other than that they're very kind people.

Pros

Free lunch. Tips. Cross training. Benefits

Cons

Brand standards. Management

A great company, depending on your location, management.

As a company, Marriott is great. Benefits, reasonable pay, time off, hotel discounts for you, friends and family. The challenges I found were based on lack of definition structure and job expectations. It isn’t always clearly defined what to do and who is responsible.

Pros

Great benefits, opportunities for growth, free food, wonder culture.

Cons

Conflicting goals from management, lack of structure.

Productive, Fun, hard working

It was a fun place to work for, yet the company was not franchised under Marriott International but independent. Very greedy owners with poor management and very little hope for advancement within. Within the event/Banquet services, it was hard work with some/okay acknowledgments.

Pros

Great co-workers/some advancement within

Cons

Poor Management

Not a fun place to work.

Not Enough training, terrible work experience, management was not great. Company had favorites. Not much of a personal life, was all about work, Not enough pay for the amount of work that was given.

Pros

discounts

Cons

management

Out of the way

Okay place. strange location. difficult to sell because it's in the middle of nowhere. new management has made it better. and a renovation helped. Is okay.

Fun and productive work place

Only reason I left this job is because the working unconditions aren’t reasonable. Other then that I really enjoyed my time at the job and wouldn’t mind working in the hospitality Industry.

Mariott Waterfront is a great place to work

If you are looking to work in Downtown Portland, this is a great place to work. Parking can be expensive. Management is great. It's always busy and lots of hours.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

parking

Got to meet alot of differnt people from different areas

I did multiple duties for this company and enjoyed different aspects of my job. I enjoyed all the different people from all areas when I was dealing with the guests, and fellow employees were all like family.

Pros

They take care of there employees

Cons

Temporary job

Great place for banquet workers

Times can be slow and other times you barely have time to sleep working in banquets. It was so much fun in the hotel I worked at and would love the chance to do it again if I move to a city with the same hotel chain/brand name.

Pros

Potential to earn LOTS of money

Cons

Just depends on the business that’s rolling in at the time.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Portland, OR
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?