Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Providence, RI

Found 44 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Low stress work environment

People are great to work with. Management helpful. Meet a lot of great people here who are there for support at and outside of the workplace. Hours are hard to get.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of hours

It's extremely Ghetto and Dirty

A lot of harassment. They would make the engineer do General Utility, Plumbing, Electrical, exterior and interior construction updates, while cross contaminating completing projects in the kitchen then delivering comforters and towels to guest. The pool was never properly cleaned and most likely has HPV because of the mildew build up and non maintenance over the past 70 years. The remodel was half done and they would still put guest in rooms that were not properly cleaned and renovated. The hours were inconsistent The management team would never work weekends and the previous shift would never complete their assignments and leave it for the next shift. Horrible experience in Providence, Rhode Island. 1 Orms street. Lastly, guest car parts would go missing from the crack heads and thieves in the night.

Pros

Meeting guest from out of state

Cons

Everything!!!

Great job for a mom (mom houfs

This is a great job , a lot of work physically, but other then that it’s great . I’m not sure if the manager still works there but I feel he could really care about his employees more about their Heath .

Very Good place to work and iam very comfortable

Very Good Place To Work and I feel comfortable , I Feel like Home , all my coworkers makes me Feel Good , Friendly environment , never bored environment

Wow its all i gotta say

* Other employees were very nice * Managment treats employees like s..t * Mario which is part of housekeeping management likes to feel superior to others and likes to fire people over the simplest reasons *My schedule was from 10am to 6pm I will leave work by 11pm 12AM Worst management I have ever experienced. I felt so little next to them. They yell at you and speak to you like children

Productive, fast paced with opportunities for growth

So much to take in, very fast paced with opportunities for growth. The staff members are all very welcoming and eager to help you grow within the company. I had the pleasure of being part of a wonderful team of amazing people.

Stress, no guidance, no training, under staff, no respect, no communication, no HR help or guidance

I’m talking about the property I work at. Terrible culture and lack management guidance and communication. **************************************************************

A pleasure working there

I am currently employed with this company I enjoy going to work everyday each time each day is a new event and I enjoy the work that I am doing there. I work well with my coworkers and I continue to develop a good rapport without guests and I'll clients

Well everything is time .. It's a time when all housekeepers should have there streets and towels etc..drop they can be wash and to be put back on.. E

It’s a pretty alright place to work if you KNOW what you’re doing, they really don’t care to train you or if they do they stick you in one area for weeks at an end. Not a very great place to communicate about what you need they’ll throw it under the carpet & treat you very poorly. if you needed a day off you couldn’t have it because only 2 people are allowed to take off a day.

Front Desk

• Check guests in and out of hotel using a PMS based System and posting charges to folios • Provide information on hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities • Provide information on the surrounding Rhode Island area • Understand and exercise the Marriot loyalty point system with guests

Team oriented workplace

I thoroughly enjoy working at the Marriott I notice there is room for growth. If you are crossed training you can fill shifts in other roles within the hotel. In my time there I have seen people excell and develop themselves to promoted positions. I love interacting with guest's from all parts of the world. Great networking environment and perfect if you love the hospitality industry. I definitely recommend

Overall this was a good job. It was hard and you have to stay on task while sometimes having to speak with guest. A typical day at work would be cleaning all twelve rooms that you are assigned to do. The management was not the best, but not all of the management was horrible.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fast working paste, rushed most of the time

Fast paced, Fun job

This was the best job I ever worked at. I loved the fast pace, learning a new computer system, and the overtime I was able to receive if I wanted. Kasey and Ashley were my managers and I have never ever had more professional leaders in my working career. Truly blessed to have been able to experience such a beautiful place to work.

Pros

Amazing management, Challenging and fast paced atmosphere.

Cons

No cons.

Fun, friendly

This job was a good job it has benefits also you can bump up in the job it has a lot of opportunities to be in a better position also the people are very nice and understanding.

Pros

Free lunch

good place to work

Good place to work because they really care about their staff. Good benefits, nice managers, good money. The place was always clean and there was always someone there to assist you.

Pros

nice atmosphere

Love it

I loved it! They treat you with respect and guide you through though times at work. Everything is about learning and growing together! My manager was amazing. He was consistent and positive. He gave us the perfect example of customer service.

Pros

Great Management, Positive, great pay

Cons

slow days, not enough staff

great break room

the Marriott was a great place to work with every opportunity to learn and advance. every one was very friendly and help full and I was giving multiple opportunity's to be creative as well

Pros

pre creativity

Cons

no parking

quick workpace

Very good to have as a side job, not a career. Management was very disorganized, employee turnover was at and all time high. Not much advancement to go further

Pros

free lunch

benefits

Banquet Captain

My job was extremely demanding, but I Loved it. I would run weddings, sweet 16 parties, liquor tastings, huge benefit galas, pretty much any event that was booked at our hotel. I had a great staff of young servers under me that worked well together, and preformed every duty I gave to them exceptionally.

Pros

Great working eviornment, and exceptional pay

Cons

There were NO cons to this job

Corporate job

The Providence Marriott, was a great place to work. The management was outstanding and all co-workers were professional. I learned a lot there and would work there again.

Overall a good place to work

Like anything there can always been improvements but it's not a bad place to work for. There could be better incentives and the like but they do have a decent atmosphere and tend to be like famiy once you've gotten into it.

Pros

free lunch, is a Marriott and the likeness of that.

Cons

needs better pay.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Providence, RI