Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Provo, UT

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great Place to work!

This is a great company to work for! The work life balance can be very hard sometimes with upper management not caring if you ever go home. But still, a good company.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Ambiente bueno

El personal era organizado,responsables y amables.

Stressful hours

Working as a server at the Marriott can be pretty stressful because you do not know what time you will ever go home. Its a hotel, so people could be in the restaurant until 11:30. . .

Pros

good pay

Cons

hours

productive

chad is great , you need to be able to work hard and fast. a lot of memorising but a veyu patient boss. he cares about you as a person. the job is good . good benifits

Pros

benifits

Cons

people problems

The Best Place to Work

The Marriott School of Business has an inclusive work environment and considerate leadership. The area is beautiful and the professional opportunities are immense.

Pros

People

Cons

Parking

Work

I Enjoyed working there i wish i didnt leave. My peers were nice the staff were great overall good company to work for id recommend it to anyone who is out of a job

Not a Career Per Se but Fine When I Worked at the Marriott School

Our office was fun and challenging, so I have no complaints. But I had an advanced college degree and years of experience and made $15 an hour. Not great, certainly not respectful of my abilities. Nice people, but ironically for a business school they had no idea how to pay fair wages.

Pay lower

They treat their staff bad, a pay lower. Poor management !!! Disrespectful , and like to blame to staff . They didn't have any policy for training their staff.

A Temporary job

I worked for a few months over the winter and found it to be a way to save up the money I needed for a Church choir tour. I worked with those I knew and was pleased to do so.

Great job if you are in school. Co-workers are great. Wonderful atmosphere. You get discount on hotel. Hardest part of the job is that you only get 3 to 4 day notice of what your schedule will be like. Can't really plan any activities since you don't know your schedule will be. Training is super boring a long.

Pros

Great co-workers, get to meet lots of people

Cons

Work schedules are not the best, pay is low

Best job on campus

There really is not a better job on BYU campus. The pay is great and the workload is easy to get used to. It can be a little difficult to find hours, but it is a great part-time gig.

Awesome place

Great place to work or get an education. One of the greatest business schools in the country, and has a great culture. Awesome teachers, staff, and students.

Amazing Company!

Marriott International is such an amazing, family oriented comoany to work with! The benefits are amazing and everyone is supportive!

Pros

Great discounts, great training, worldwide locations.

Cons

Had a few things to do but was very laid back

The managers were super cool and great to work with. The Marriott team all around was great. I love that I would come in and all ready knew what my day was going to be like.

good

Hard to work with a general manager who did not understand what ir takes to make quality product. thoughts of just getting things done fast. clean and nice to work for.

Pros

People

Cons

Maanager

Demanding and rewarding

A typical day requires arrival at 7:00 AM, making the assignments for the employees who arrive at 8:00 based on the anticipated departures and occupied stay over rooms for the day; working on creating the schedule for the next work week, handling paid time off or requested time off and managing schedules; handling employee and/or guests issues (e.g. an employee needs supplies or has a maintenance request in a room, a guest has a complaint or comment, etc.); handling lost and found items, taking lost and found calls, and coordinating return of items; inputting data of productivity and work completed by department; handling payroll (making corrections, adjusting for weekly changes, ensuring it is accurate and correct); planning and implementing programs to improve productivity (incentives/bonuses, activities, etc.); working with all departments to ensure efficient hotel management and proper guest service; communicating with guests and associates; providing constructive feedback to employees and training as needed; interviewing prospective employees; providing correction as needed; checking for quality in public spaces, back of the house, and guest rooms; checking guests out as needed; checking inventory of supplies and making orders as needed, etc. As a supervisor at a full-service hotel I have a lot of duties and responsibilities to perform. I love rising to the challenge and feeling pride in knowing what I did in a day at work allowed for a smooth running and efficiently functioning hotel. I have learned that I am valuable and can meet any task required of me and make it -

Pros

health care, security, the great people

Cons

low wages

Good hotel for experience

Management does not connect with employees personally. Employees are underpaid at this hotel. Hotel is under renovation so it will be one of the nicest in Utah Valley. Fun work environment Long hours and hotel is always open Lots of black out dates for requsted days off Hard to advance at this hotel because people have worked here for so long

Marriott Is a good company to work for long term.

Marriott Hotels is a good company to work for & grow in professionally. I really like the opportunity to advance in the company overall & the culture which sutures advancement to all employees who seek to do just that.

Pros

Stable Company

Cons

pay advancement

Leader in Hospitality Industry, Clean Environment, Exposure to Culture

Great flexibility in hours. Possibility to transfer to other departments and positions. Great discounts on hotel rooms. Amazing co-workers. Occasionally shoddy management due to lower pay and over working. Unqualified people get jobs others deserve because of background or favoritism

Pros

2 dollar lunches during breaks, great people, exposure to worldwide culture, clean environment

Cons

Terrible upper management, small and rare raises, position determining income

Fun place to work

It was pretty cool, work and personal was balanced well. The department needed a bit of working over but was overall cool.

good company to work for

serving breakfast to the guest at the hotel. cleaning, smiling, making sure the gust have a great experience. the management have open door policy. my co-worker are like my family. there is no hard part. the most enjoyable part of the job is returning happy costumers.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Provo, UT