Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Raleigh, NC

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Fun!

Loved it! Management is weird but it’s like a family. People train you well while there, and all the customers are nice and tip really well, which is a plus!

Too much work low pay

Housekeeping does NOT pay well for all the work you are supposed to do. You are paid lower than any other position in the place. it’s back breaking and hard and you aren’t appreciated for the work you do there.

If you go to work at Marriott, work for a Marriott managed property.

Marriott itself is a great company to work for. If you go to work at a Marriott, make sure that the management company itself is a good company to work for in your area. The company that manages that property can be horrible to work for even if it is under the Marriott flag. If you can work at a Corporately Managed Marriott, go for it!

Pros

Great Benefits, Great support

Cons

Working with difficult guests can be challenging

The company has great benefits.

During the four years of working with the Marriott company, I myself enjoyed meeting and helping all the guests and the venue's the the hotel and staff served.

Pros

Great schedule, excellent benefits

Cons

No room for advancement

Work hard, do the time. Growth potential, amazing Staff

The culture is vibrant!! I felt proud to work here. Guests come in all shapes and sizes, largely due to the Convention center. Corporate business is heavy thru the week, with several meetings almost all year round.Social events such as sports, comic conventions, music festivals, Weddings, reunions enjoy the downtown area packed full with bars and restaurants. The front desk stations stay full due to the wide range of business. The restaurant RYE stays busiest during the evenings with corporate travelers Mon thru Thur. Whereas, leisure guests including locals attend RYE Fri thru Sun. mornings. Overall, the entire hotel stays busy besides some summer weeks and the 3rd week of Dec. This offers a unique opportunity for anyone. They take good care of their staff. Be prepared to be busy and learn a lot!

Pros

Cafeteria lunch, great staff, they promote from within, good pay

Cons

Benefits constantly changing, pay to park due to location being owned by the city, heavy traffic, road closures during big events

Good Benefits

Good benefits and Management. I worked for some great managers at Marriott. It was truly a pleasure working for managers that truly cared about how you were doing.

Benefits

Cons

work life balance

Marriott

It’s a good place to work. It can be very busy when there are events taking place, but overall safe friendly work environment. The benefits are great for employees as well as friends and family.

Good company

Good company, worked for them for a while. Great people to work with and flexible schedules. Management is very accommodating to your needs. There is always opportunities to grow

Good company

It was a fun environment, that offer great benefits and lasting friendships. Management was very hard to deal with, as a nothing was ever good enough.

Typical Hotel Bar

A typical night at the marriot consists of setting up the bar and dealing ith hotel guests. As a bartender I was often the sole employee responsible for interacting anf taking care of the guests late at night which could get stressful depending on how busy we are.

.Marriott

A typical work day was to park cars and to retrieve cars. I also gave directions to customers who was not from town. Work days could be long and will be on your feet for a long period of time.

It's a great company in it's core and offers a great environment for all different ethnicities. Has a great Growth Potential and Learning Opportunities available.

Great job learned a lot in the years I was there. I was moved from a server to a supervisor. The culture was good in my department. We treated each other like family. Everyone in the hotel is team player!

Pros

free lunch

The best

By far the best management team put together that I've worked for. Staff was welcoming upon arrival, and more like family at my departure. Greatly missed this place. Sad building went under new management, and having an ailing grandmother in law, I could no longer remain with this company. BUt I will say it is a great location, and I wish the new management team well

Productive, and fun place to work

There are busy times, and slow times. Management wise i have learned how to deal with the associates i work with and have learned how to do a schedule, write ups etc.

good job but management needs to be changed.

the job was a good place to work but management needs to be revamped. The co workers stuck together and made the job a fun place to be. Unity among co workers. executive team was not great

Nice Place to work

Non-stressful job, I do not have any real complaints, I wish our lunch breaks were longer than 30min. I wish I did not have to work every weekend. Working every other weekend would have been great.

Review for marriott

The pay could be better cost of living has gone up so should pay. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing guests being rude. the management is good

The Renaissance

Typical banquet set-up for all clients. Day to day operations consisted of breakfast and lunch meetings. Tend to clients to ensure all requests are being honored.

The hotel offered a challeging work place.

The hotel was very busy and the management team was very supportive of the teams efforts. The hotel was well kept and did a great job attracting talent. I was challenged and felt that my ideas were heard. If there was growth opportunities I would have stayed.

Pros

good benefits

Franchised

All Marriott hotels in this area are franchised, so we are following Marriott standards as well as the management company's standards. This hotel has just about 400 rooms and a very small meeting space so a lot of the large groups will take place next door at the Convention center.

Pros

location

Cons

The pay, for the are is a little low

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Raleigh, NC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?