Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Rancho Mirage, CA

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

great place to work

I had an awesome experience working with the marriott. There work life balance was excellent. Pay was fair and the perks were amazing. I had a fun staff and most importantly my co workers were a pleasure to do business with.

Benefits and perks

the benefits are good and the perks are good also . meet new people almost everyday. no two days are the same. They can be flexible. acation time is good.

Pros

job perks

Cons

off season's

Think of it as going to jail. Get in do your time and get out asap.

Get into the company. Get the experience you need to get a better job and change jobs because they will eliminate your job the moment they can pay someone else less.

Good

This Job helped me build my employer resume by giving me experience in the hospitality industry..great company .. very friendly and fair.. I would recommend to all..

A typical day at work

Very seasonal, required to do back of house and locker. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping my clients with skin care issues and concerns.

Great Place to Work

Very corporate atmosphere. The culture of Marriott is largely dictated by the location you're at. They are very strict on clocking in/out, dress policy, etc., but the benefits are amazing and you can't find better job security.

Pros

Steady Paycheck, Great Benefits

Cons

Too structured for my taste, but it makes for a successful company.

Coool Place

Overall the environment was good. The hours were varied so sometimes you may work at 6am or work til midnight. The scheduling made it difficult to plan appointments. Theres some great discounts at other hotels in the network but good luck getting any time off to utilize that benefit.

It's an ok place to work for.

It's an ok place to work for and everyone is very friendly. management will also give you the option of moving up but it is not easy since it is very hard to.

Excellent Accommodations, Professional sports, golf, tennis, fitness, swimming, delightful full service, dining, event full service, convention prepar

Always delighting guest satisfaction, in a Hotel Resort, presentation, in Convention, diversity, tournament, fitness, salon, gift shops, your requested availability, Gold Stand Premier, quality, presentation.

Pros

Quality entertainment, communication, travel exoertise, tournament awaed Guarantee.

Cons

confirmed reservations. Awards, rewards

fun place

im on contract i don't have much to say i work there but for a temp agency the staff is nice the chefs are sometimes nice always professional .. i would like to become a full time employee for this company at a different level

its fun

Sometimes it could be stressful but most of the time its fun at the westin mission hills. I enjoy working with our guest and setting up the activities. gonna miss working here.

Pros

will work with your schedule

Cons

not good supervior

Management Lacks Fairness and Supportive Culture

Management is weak. Management Lacks Fairness and does not provide a Supportive Professional Work Culture. Management does not truly honor its Employee Service Values.

Cons

Employee Service Values are not adhered to by Management.

Great job. Pay could have been better but loved working with the guests

Great place to work if you enjoy working with guests !!! Every day was different which made it fun. Employees could use better pay because they work so hard. They need a real cafeteria too.

Nice

Nice company to work for. They treat you fairly and generally is a very positive environment. Going to work wasn't a chore, the facility is beautiful and well maintained.

Valet

The job was super cool and so were the guys I worked with. I didn't care for the GM or any of his direct staff, they were just a bunch of pencil pushers.

Pros

Money

Cons

Tom

hotel guests are the stupidest people

It's mind blowing the stuff guests will nit pick about most of the time to get free nights or for you to pity them enough to get them from free amenities but if you can get past the high maintenance guests during the summer, you are pretty much paid to goof around during the winter season. Hours are great and are never cut you are guaranteed you 40 hours and during slow days its your choice to leave early. Includes benefits and management will always work with your schedules for school or secondary jobs. Great place to work, but beware summer heat and mean guests!

Pros

flexible hours, time for school, benefits, you get your hours!

Cons

guests are terrible at times, work holidays, work outside during summer

Worst job every. Modern slavery

Call in time is standby time. Never paid. 4 hour lunches without pay for being on standby. 2 hours per shift if your lucky 2 to 3 days a week. 14% commission is robbing me. They force you to sell products to move up in commission percentage. You cannot consistently sell products to move up in commission if your hardly at work. Management doesn't care about you. Look for another employment opportunities.

Pros

Cons

All, everything

fast pace working enviorment

work was fast pace and needed to be 5-star management was very understanding of scheduling coworkers were not professional felt like a high school environment

Great Company

Made a personal decision to venture off into a new field. A great company overall. Management had a few flaws but other then that, the people, the employees are what made the experience noteworthy.

Rancho las Palmas Marriott

Marriott the best place to be train, always have time to teach you something new, had the opportunity to advance en my work, to growth The team that I work was the best

Westin Hotel

It was a great place to work, their management always were available to me, their plan of work was always base on safety and best for the clients that we work for

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Rancho Mirage, CA