Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Remote

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great Company To Work For Before Covid

I was employed with Marriott International for 21 years and overall it was a great experience and a good company to work for. I started off in the hotels and worked my way to the corporate office where I worked remotely for 12 years. My job was eliminated due to the hospitality industry taking a hard hit from Covid. Therefore, the hospitality industry is not a great job for a career at this time and I do not know when they will rebound.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Hotel Room Discounts

Cons

Not A Recession Proof Industry

Maybe I’m just bored

I’ve worked here for 6 years as a remote agent, been promoted twice but I feel there’s nowhere else for me to go. To be fair, this time is challenging for everyone. I find myself doing additional work that are responsibilities of managers, and get no additional pay. Other than that, Marriott really does care about their employees

Pros

Advancement opportunities present themselves

Cons

The times you work are not the best and pay could be dramatically better

Pre-Covid, it was the best place to work

Before Covid happened, I absolutely loved everything about my job and the people I worked with. I had been there for 12 years and had no plans to go anywhere else. There was so much opportunity for advancement that I knew this was my forever company. Unfortunately, Covid-19 wrecked this industry and my position was eliminated. Marriott had to make some very hard decisions and I do not hold this against the company at all. Once the industry has recovered, I will absolutely be looking to be rehired.

Pros

the people, the work-life balance

Cons

I wish the pay was more

Great Company

Great training and corporate support. Difficult to advance outside of your current role.

Was great until covid

i enjoyed working for Marriott HQ. I was becoming successful until covid happened and was laid off like multiple others. Now I am looking for jobs in a scarce economy just like many others

Pros

life and work balance, competitive pay

Great place to work!

I have worked for both Marriott franchise and corporate divisions for more than 20 years and it's by far the best hotel organization. I have always been proud to work for Marriott and found that my experience transfers to other industries as well.

Great position for work/life balance

My department unfortunately no longer exists because of the Coronavirus pandemic. I enjoyed my time at Marriott even though the work itself wasn't very challenging or something I was super passionate about. I was able to prioritize work/life balance while working a good job for a decent salary with very little stress. Hopefully the company and hospitality industry will be able to turn things around in the next year or two after the pandemic is under control.

Pros

Remote work, great team/coworkers, good hotel discounts

Cons

Too many inefficient processes

Great company with advancement opportunities

Love working for Marriott. Great atmosphere and leadership very helpful in moving you up the ladder. There is a reason people hav e made this company their whole career.

Pros

Career opportunities

Cons

Usual hospitality pay range

Nothing. Poor management

Your words don't mean nothing. Slavery, for the pay. Rude HR team and does not care about your unethical rude experience from untrained core mgrs. All they care about is average call volume and there monthly bonuses. Don't care about the facts or concerns of the guest reasons for calling. ACV should not base on your amount of monthly bonus at all.Don't even waste your time reporting anything to corporate. Its just a big waste of your time.No one cares or responded.The so call guarantee fair treatment act line is fake. No follow up or any response to your GFTs at all.Save your breathe and inner spirit. Just search for more well paying career and move on.Your efforts and strong work ethics putted in, don't count at all. Avoid this company call centers. Save yourself the wasted time of your life.Don't settle for less, if you know for a fact, you deserve the best.

Pros

Nope, you provide your own lunch. 30 mins only depends on your amount of hours worked.

Cons

15minutes break if worked over 4hrs.

Great co workers

Feels like a family. Fun place go work. Every day is different. Lots of support. Before Covid-19, I thought I would retire from Marriott. Hopefully people will start traveling again.

Pros

great co workers

Operational sound and process-driven. There is a job aid for everything that could possibly need to have, including breaks time instructions. Very cillo'ed environment and management is not really interested in new ideas or opinions. No clear path for growth and development. There are extensive opportunities... just no one is able to provide any insight. Human Resources makes all of the decisions. very slow to move. Constant re-orgs and having to re-apply for your job. Often times the new positions will be graded lower and the pay is reduced as a result.

Great People

Very busy two years, but also great group of people. Former company bought out by Marriott and we were kept on until the Starwood hotels were fully integrated with Marriott.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Short staffed

Fun place with fun people

It’s a great company with lots of room to grow. Unfortunately they do not have many remote job opportunities therefore I am looking for a different company to work for.

Good Culture

Starwood corporate was constantly evolving its policies to align with the current job market and demands of new generations entering the workplace. It offered flexible work from home options for applicable roles, and a competitive salary.

Pros

flexibility, leadership

Cons

healthcare benefits

Good opportunity to work from my home office, expand my knowledge in logistics and master Quickbooks and Excel.

This job allowed me to manage my time, oversee myself, run the logistics for a broker firm for two states, keep track and execute sales, invoices, purchase orders, communications, shipping and receiving, storage of dry and frozen goods, inventory, filing, A/R, A/P, balancing of finances, developing new sales sheets for new products, and continuous moral of sales staff.

Pros

Work from home, so my commute was mere minutes.

Cons

Company is now out of business.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Remote