Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

Found 73 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

We all shared a common factor other than the job productivity, we all loved one another. all

One of the best places I've ever worked. The city, the State , and the people are simply wonderful. The pay , in my opinion isn't what I thought it should be.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Days off

Front Desk Representative

Management were not on the same page about how they wanted things done which resulted in the workers being yelled at. I quit because Front Desk Manager didn't allow me to complete my training and decided to put me in the lobby on the busiest day of the summer. I clearly was not ready to be at the front desk without help.

Great facility

I learned new things about my job every day, got to interact with amazing new customers and staff. I loved the fact I got the opportunity to proceed further in my career here.

Productive fun work

We work hard every day in the hot desert sun, but the atmosphere is fun and challenging. We are compensated very appropriately and the management team really does a great job.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No breaks

Associate Engagement

Marriott is truly a company that cares for their associates. It has been a pleasure to work with them for 17 years as both an individual contributor and a leader.

A hotel bar

Working in a hotel bar was a great experience and I loved working for Marriott. I got to meet the most interesting people and the bar closes earlier than other bars.

Great

Great team work and fun environment to be in. Customer service is Awesome and team work is outstanding.. great place to work for. Come join the team. We rock

Housekeeper

I clean hotel rooms. Some days I have up to twenty-two rooms to clean and i cannot leave until the work is done so some days are longer than others. The manager is kind though.

Move cars

Valet is outdoors so prepare to be cold in the winters and hot in the summers. The pay isn't great and you share tips at the end of the shift. Just know how to drive a car safely and you'll do fine.

Busy

Busy work day from beginning to the end. A lot of work to be done depending on the type of day as well as business. A lot of different outlets to manage and be in control of. Lack of staff, and help from management. A lot of unwanted stress for a work day. Good Luck.

Don't work here

This company expects their employees to work themselves to death. I worked 50 hours a week on average and made about 11/hour (both tips and hourly pay combined). I often worked 12 hours straight without having any time to eat or even drink. Most management is unproffesional and gossips about employees to otheremployees.

Managed property

The Marriott I worked for was going through a difficult time with the Management company for that property. Since I have left employment there the management company has changed.

Pros

Loved the people I worked with on a day to day bases.

Cons

One Manager thought the rules did not apply to her. She no longer works for the company.

Productive and Proffessional

I enjoy working there. Ive learned how to make beds there way. Its different.The hardest part is driving all the way out there. The most enjoyable part is cleaning the rooms.

Management sucks

I loved working in the restaurant but management sucked. Usual days are pretty busy but it makes time go by fast. Management tends to put workers against each other. Management picks who they want to advance.

Pros

Pay, benefits of full time

Great environment

The only complaint would be with my direct supervisor. Promoted based off race rather than qualifications, she was a terror to work under and was very biased and racist towards any employee who was Caucasian.

Great job but managment sucks

food a d beverage manager is racist. He's always late for work and when he do arrives he has an attitude. Good place poor management . Its ok for students

Pros

Great benifits. Tips

Cons

No breaks, mangement, working hours

Lovely Place to Work

Working here was a great thing. I liked the fast-paced atmosphere, the friendly team that I was apart of, the manager's ability to give people kudos for their hard work and effort.

Fun, fun fun

If you like to meet people from different walks of life, then this is the job for you. The pay isn't great, but what a fun place to work. Plenty of hours of overtime.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

The apy isn'r the best

A great place to work!

It was great! Taking care of guests was always my pleasure. I enjoyed my short stay at this beautiful edifice. I believe that the hotel has the best staff and is very well run. I appreciate my experience there.

Nice

It's an okay place to work and although I have never been a guest there, I assume it was a decent place considering every significant politician in the state stays there when in town

Terrible software

All new employees must be hired by HR department, which takes a month: good luck staffing your department. P.O.S. system is MICROS. No IT on site at all. Ownership is squeezing every last dime out of property while delaying renovation as long as possible.

Pros

Good leadership

Cons

Bad ownership

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Richmond, VA