Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Riverside, CA

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

The capability of knowing and experiencing more than one department

Excellent opportunities to grow and to be empowered to make decisions to satisfy the guest. Well managed industry, great environment with great and sufficient tools to work with

Pros

Excellent food in breakroom

Cons

Health insurance very costly

great location / Negativity in the front desk team and management

Resigned before 90 days/inefficient management failed to provide me proper training Informed Manager about issue with difficult PMS/Did not help me. Unfriendly superficial FD play favoritism unprofessional Management & NO EFFECTIVE TRAINING PROGRAM

Pros

Free lunch, business was good so your work hours are safe

Cons

Unprofessional Management, lazy FD Manager, moody Accountant, Filthy front desk & offices

Great People but bad Management!

Great people to work with but terrible management! They pay minimum wage and expect a few employees to do way to much due to tremendous understaffing in every department! With proper management and fair compensation it would a great place to work!

No communiction

Cool place to cook, but lack of communication in the management section. Everyday is the same thing, you prep, you cook orders. Rarely busy besides on the holidays.

Would not recommend

Very poor management & little support. Communication sucks. Team work is very low priority. Under payed. Deal with a lot of entitled, disrespectful, and rude guests.

Productive and fun work place

Great Company to work at, I would love to move forward with the Company, Employess are great, good pay but they dont give raises or promotions as often as they should

The manager at the time was very unprofessional. The employees were all nice and helpful. My crew was breakfast. We all helped each other get the job done.

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Management was not professional

Okay company to get a start in hospitality

Incredibly busy location. Management is okay but turnover rate is incredibly high. There is a lot of pressure with not much being done to set employees up for success.

Pros

discounts

Cons

lack of support from upper management

Depending on the job could be an average 9-5

There is always something to do, and as long as you are focused and willing to work there will be no issues. A lot of the work is a bit repetitive but that means that the focus is perfection and replication.

Pros

Free lunches, over time opportunities

Cons

A bit impersonal working for a company that large.

This company is a great place to begin a career in hospitality.

I would recommend this company to anyone interested in pursuing a career in hospitality. The hours are great, the management really gets involved in the day to day, and coworkers are eager to assist you in all challenges.

Pros

Free parking and lunches

Cons

Chicken will be the go to meat 5 days a week.

Read pros and cons below, Lot's of perks and great atmosphere to work. Rated in the top 100 Marriotts in the country, at least they were when I managed it. Some days longer than others, if you work a double they give you a room on location. The Convention center brings lot's of buisness so you are always busy.

Pros

Great work environment, great employee's and support from upper management, dicounts for employee's at other locations

Cons

short breaks, expensive health care plans, H.R. issues

manual labor

cleaned all walls from every floor with a rag and a broom tiring but they wanted it done. decorate for the holidays and maintenance work. doing londry the people are nice. all voluntary

always busy

My typical day at the Marriott was greeting guest and making sure all was in order. What I learn in the hotel business is how to be an auditor. I also learn that not all auditing systems are not the same, I also learn that every guest that checked in have different agendas in theur so so you need to make sure you meet their stays.The management was great.Always having daily meeting and making sure we have our essentials for our daily work. They were always teaching us different programs to our auditing system. My hardest part of my job was getting used to the graveyard shift but in time i manage. I enjoyed talking to customers and my coworkers.

Pros

pros were bonuses

Cons

working on holidays

Hospitable base missing in Hospitality

Challenges aren't being met and or addressed. Front line staff are THE driving force of this hotel's success. Management team is disconnected and unavailable.

Pros

Marriott ideals

Cons

Franchisee doesn't support Marriott ideals

Good Place to learn

It took a long while in waiting for the final call from Marriott, which squeezed the time in the following operating process. Too many policies.

Pros

staff discount for most marriott owned hotel/inns

Cons

too many rules and policies

Great place of work, customer service has never been more enjoyable.

A typical work day, It starts off peaceful, you have to do your daily paper work, make sure everything is set up for the day. Then people start to wake up. Suddenly the phones are ringing off the hook with: questions, complaints, concerns, tantrums, frustrations, money issues, booking rooms, canceling rooms. There is really no limit to the accommodations that need to be made to ensure that a guest is happy. However, this is my favorite part of the job, when someone has a problem that just seems like the world is crumbling for them, and I can problem solve and move things around for them, it truly makes me happy. There is no better feeling than having a guest come at you yelling and angry and tired, and see them leave your front desk smiling and have their experience completely turned around for the better. If you have thick skin and can keep a smile while being yelled at then this job is perfect. It was for me and I loved the customer service aspect of it. Just time manage, keep track of each individual staying and their personal needs and you'll do great.

Pros

the staff was the best I have ever worked with and I learned more than ever before

Cons

little hours and the pay was min wage.

Easy going environment, with a professional staff

Overall, I enjoy the work environment and feel very comfortable in the atmosphere there. My coworkers are easy going but very professional and so it makes it a very pleasant work experience.

Pros

Free employee meals, respectful staff

Cons

Can be very slow during dinner time

free food

not enough hours would go weeks without any work were not organized could not work with my school schedule learned a lot met good people enjoyed helping guest

Very busy and productive

The enviorment is like a family and co workers are friendly.

Pros

there is always work and great atmosphere

Cons

sometimes lack of communication

Excellent Workplace

Marriott Riverside is very established and effecient. The employee's truly care about their job and the guests in the hotel.

Pros

Free meals

Productive Crew, Strong Relationships, Beautiful Hotel

Interning at the Marriott was an absolute amazing experience. As soon as you arrive for work, you can expect to get busy. The staff is incredibly cooperative and are always willing to help you with any problems. The Food & Beverage Manager is very kind and extremely helpful. She will help you make an advancement within the company. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with all the tasks you needed to complete before the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills in the hospitality trade and getting a foot in the door for a potential career.

Pros

Free Lunches

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Riverside, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?