Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Rosemont, IL

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great company

Marrriott is a great company to work with, great co workers, they take good care of their employees, good benefits, vacation time 401k dental vision health care

Best Hotel Company I've Worked For!

Although the pay isn't as great as competitors, Marriott was a great company to work for. I joined the company once they merged with Starwood Hotels and at first it was a little hectic (integrating systems, learning new programs/hotels/policies) but it turned into a very well oiled machine in no-time. I would absolutely return to the company in the future if the right opportunity presented itself.

Marriott Family

I am in love with this company, the people, the positive environment, the growth opportunity. There is not one person that will not say hello to you in the office, or sit and hear about your personal life - if needed. They care. I am learning everyday, I feel challenged, I feel happy.

This place is awesome

I never had a thing for hospitality but working here has open my horizon and I really think I could make a career of it. It’s very versatile and they are extremely nice and understanding for a company of its magnitude

Major player in the industry

Major player in the hospitality industry with locations all over the world. If you're willing to relocate often, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement

Great Hotel

Great hotel to work for prior to Marriott removing most staff from the Sales Office. Most of the service staff have been there for many years so it's like family.

Pros

Free lunch, decent benefits

Cons

Sales Force so most Sales team no longer working at the hotel

Worked at Starwood Hotels

Starwood was a wonderful company. If Marriott continues the same culture, it to will be a great company to work for. Because of the large amount of properties, there is a tremendous opportunity for advancement.

Pros

great opportuniy for advancement

Cons

fun to work with the old owners new one doesn't know what their doing

horrible management very unorganized wasn't fun to come into work made it very difficult to enjoy work and pay is bad. management needs to get it together.

Simple work for simple pay

I drove a bus to and from the hotel. There were many characters in managment that made it a harder or easier workplace, depending on who you dealt with. No clear path to advance in the hotel business.

Pros

Cash Tips

Cons

Certain people in Management

Marriott Worldwide Reservations Center.

My typical day at work was to inform guest about the promotions and deals we had worldwide at all are branches though the Marriott Corporation depending on the location they choose. I learned how accommodate the guests to arrival at there stay at any of our branches. Giving them the proper information on the rooms on what amenities are including with there stay. To also inform them if there will be any extra charges. I loved working here because it was a family environment and great benefits. Also great pay. It also gave the employees to grow within the company.

Pros

Great Management/ Travel Benefits/Discounts

Cons

Long hours.

This was a contract position at a Hotel in Rosemont

Professional, great pay, clean environment. Lunch is provided in the cantina for free and the hotel is a beautiful environment to be in. Upper management of the hotel was very kind even though I was a temp. No training is offered, its a jump in and learn as you go type of deal. I would still gladly work for them again though.

Pros

Great pay, free lunches, starbucks discounts, beautiful hotel

Cons

It was a contract position

fast paced yet great work environment

A typical day at work starts with meeting in-house clients followed by a morning RevMax meeting where we discuss business opportunities that have come in the previous day. We discuss as a group to determine if it makes sense for the hotel on a financial level to bid on the event. Throughout the day I am responding to incoming leads whether they come in via telephone or email. Each day we hold BEO meeting with each department to ensure everyone has the information needed to execute events as flawlessly as possible, I have learned many things over the years in terms of sales, operations, building customer rapport. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not receiving the clients event specifications as quickly as you would like. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people on a daily basis.

Pros

Free lunches, discounts at hotels worldwide

Stressful with no loyalty

Always understaffed,company does not live for its marriott values as far as taking care of their associates. they can care less about you or your family.

Fun Workplace Face Paced Always Changing

Loved the High Energy , work place , Co-workers & team members made the job rewarding . Love the diversity of Job responsibilities given to me on a daily basis , rewarding being able to mentor , train & prepare others in increasing roles of responsibility .

Pros

Training team members providing needed training & support to move up within the company

Cons

Some mgmt. were never able to gain the respect & motivation needed to produce results, or productivity of team members

Never a slow day

Hard Work and met new people, money was good met a few celebrities,fast paces,good food and away from most busy areas. i enjoyed it but decided to go back to school.

great place to work for

exciting work place. you can learn a lot about the restaurant and hotel industry there. room for advancement. you can achieve your goals there if you work hard

Pros

great place to work at

Cons

corperate takeovers

High Demand, diversity, team-oriented

Diverse and encouraging atmosphere. Accomodating and team-player staff. Can be somewhat intense, but that's what makes the job gratifying.

Great place to learn, but tough work life balance.

Working for the Suites has been quite an educational experience. It has had it's challenges, but I have always thought that if you want to prepare yourself to work anywhere else, this is the best place to make your bones. If you seek a management position, you must have serious delegation skills with an emphasis on how to explain specifically what you want from your associates. For kitchen management, there is not a great life work balance.

Pros

You will learn how to work in stressful situations

Cons

poor work/ life balance

Very encouraging Director of Sales

Nice place to work - very focused team - worked very hard on strategy for 2015 - very nice colleagues - great location - solid hours 8-5

Pros

location

Cons

not a lot of outside interaction

good place to work with multiple oppurtunities

•Greeting customers as they arrive. •Arrange for appropriate seating arrangements. •Taking orders. •Taking guest to their table and provide them with silverware and a menu. •Delivering food, drinks, silverware and condiments to guest rooms to fulfill guest orders and making sure they have everything they need to make their stay a pleasant one. •Clean up after guests. •Responsible for setting and resetting dining room. •Stocking equipment on a daily basis. •Counting our daily bank. •Use micros software •Translate to guest when needed. •Answering phones

Great company that cares about their employees

"Take care of associates and they will take care of the customers." This is our founder’s philosophy and it has made Marriott International a great place to work for more than 85 years. Our people first culture has consistently earned us awards and recognition around the globe. Giving associates opportunities to grow and succeed is part of the company’s DNA

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Rosemont, IL