Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Sacramento, CA

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Productive environment and many opportunities

It was very nice working experience to be able to work at Marriott international which is the most famous hotel brand in the world. Like other jobs there’re always stressful situations but If you are really willing to do and solve in a wise way, I am sure that anyone can enjoy this hotelier job

Pros

Free lunch, discounts

Cons

Short breaks, weekend and holiday work

Productive workplace

I have learned If you want to produce more you have to be willing to go above and beyond for the guest. Our guest at the hotel is first priority. Management is responsible for everything. Culture plays a big part in our everyday work environment. The hardest part of the job. I feel there is no hard part, I f you come to work and do what you suppose do than It makes It easy for everybody else job to be done. The most enjoyable part is being able to have a job! Also to see all the good comments the guest leave. You should make every guest feel welcome and want to come back.

Pros

Free water or accesories

Great place to start

Loved working here at the TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo. Worked here as a front desk agent and worked my way up from Front Desk to Sales within a few years.

Fast work pace but very fun and your work day goes by quick.

Overall it's a good job. Co-workers are fun and light hearted. The environment is also very friendly. The only downside I would say, (so make sure to take note of this if you apply to work at Marriott), is that you work weekends and holidays.

Pros

Friendly, fast paced

Cons

Work weekends and holidays

Turned down the job

They weren't interested in actually hiring me they just wanted dirt on the management company I was currently working for. He also said they have a lot of drama at this location which is not a surprise by what I saw of their leadership. Any manager that sets up "job interviews" just to dig up dirt on the competition isn't going to inspire integrity in their team.

Productive and Fun Team Members to work with

Working with Marriott was a great experience. It was like working with family not only with the employees but also with the guest. We had large corporate groups and sport groups that came in weekly and we new each and everyone of them like family.

Pros

Yearly Bonus and Free Lunch Meetings

Cons

Short Breaks

Working at a hotel you have to learn to deal with all types of emotions and learn to adjust quickly and do what needs to be done to satisfy and add value to the hotel brand.

Pros

Every day felt like a new day as well as new experiences.

Cons

Unorganized

Way better Then I Anticipated

I was a housekeeper at a Marriott Hotel in Sacramento,California and basic routine was to have regular meetings before the shift and notify us of anything we should be be on the lookout for. If we ever had special guest coming, look out for anything and to remind us that our own safety was to be first and foremost. The Hardest part of the job would be to meet Quota.Usually every house keeper is assigned 12-15 rooms for the day, depending on how bad or good a room is you can usually stay longer then your regular shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guest to be honest. Just to here appreciation on what your doing makes you feel elevated and your day goes by that much quicker.

Pros

sometimes its so slow so ur day ends early

Cons

when rooms got disgustingly bad and u need to stay longer then u have to.

Stress

Competitive place to work. Must be willing to work harder than others. Compensation is not the most competitive. Must have multiple jobs to survive where you live

Promotion from within is not available/ No incentive for hard working good employees.

Company is ok.Only problem is promotion is not done through employees performance, Qualified hard working employees are not given a chance to prove themselves.

Work

You work a lot there at the sheraton to the point people are fighting to get days off. Also, there are many people that have been working there for 10 plus years so they have seniority of those who just started so those who just start get the worst scheduling

horrible management

do not work for this company they expect managers on salary to work more than 11 hours a day and over work you with stuff that it is not your department

Cons

no breaks, work more than 12 hours a day if youre salary

Challenging Property

The hotel and guest were great... it's the management that is not the best and caused the hotel property to have a not so great reputation in the community. Which made my former job a hard sell to clients and organizations.

Pros

Cons

too many to name

Fun work place with a lot of employee appreciation events

Not sure about other Westins, but in Sacramento I found this to be a great place to work. My supervisors were top notch as well as our GM. Their employee appreciation events were the highest I had ever seen. You had a lot of responsibilities at a quick pace. But I was always given the tools I needed to get the job done. The only bad thing about working there was the corporate office. Their dry to the book way in dealing with situations we very unfair and addressed more like robots instead of human beings. If possible I work with the Sacramento Westin team in a heart beat.

Pros

employee appreciation

Cons

Corporate Office

High-performning culture

Company gives significant freedom to consultants/engineers to learn and grow their careers. But, it is challenging to balance personal life with this company culture.

Pros

Great projects; great learning opportunities; if responsible, there is a lot of freedom

Cons

Productive, meet lots of new people

Great environment, paid time off, sick time, 401k -- you get to meet a lot of new people which is fun. Management at this specific location has changed, however the position inherits an independent vibe, which is cool.

Very exciting and fast paced environment

Everyday is a different day. You meet all sorts of people from around the world. This job allows you express your personal skills, most especially if you're a people person.

Working at a Franchise Marriott

I have worked at the Residence Inn Marriott for over 3 years. When I started we were Marriott managed and a little less than a year in we became franchise. Marriott managed hotels offer excellent benefits packages that somewhat make up for the low pay. Franchise hotels do not. The culture is great, although I would say that it probably varies quite a bit from property to property depending on management. The pay (at least at my property) is not great. They have not given raises with the increase in minimum wage and therefore new hires are offered more than long termers...not ok. Management has been great in working with my school schedule in addition to my internship schedule when I needed an internship for school. Love my coworkers, although I'm sure each team is a bit different. I will say that you learn a lot working in the hospitality industry.

Pros

Work around school schedule, great coworkers

Cons

Low pay, pitiful benefits

bad place to work, reminded me of highschool all over again.

stuff was never in its designated spots, management was a joke,: gosipping like teenagers, their work ethic was poor, and made it intollerable to work for this company. I have good work ethics, and have found it really hard to work for grown adult children. At the end of the day, all they want to do is point fingers, and play the blame game against other coworkers, even while calling some of them their "friends" . Their work ethics is a joke, at best.

Pros

housekeepers appreciation week, so brkfast, lunch and dinners were served, homemade shirts was awarded to the housekeepers, friday was free dress day :)

Cons

the party was last minute and poorly planned.

flusterating work envirorment

typical day starts with stretching and stand up meeting, follow by getting your assigned boards. i have learn things are not always what you are told. management is full of false promises. hardest part is unfair treatment by management. most enjoyable part is when i get to go home

Pros

starbucks, free soda, cheap lunch menu

Cons

management

Productive and fun

I use to clean rooms and help out customers. I've learned that there is a big difference between having the advantage of and elevator to using the stairs to carry an laundry cart.

Pros

free lunch

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sacramento, CA