Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

Found 265 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Good people with excellent ideals but no authority, bad management

My first few years was completely different from the last few a change of management and it was not the best environment lots of turnover and unhappy coworkers. Spent 16 yrs there, I worked in reservations it was probably a lot different at the hotels.

Pros

Discount and free hotel rooms

Cons

Scripted spill sounds it and micro management, not that way for the first 12yrs I was there and I was one of the top sales people

Great place to hone your call center skills.

I loved working for this company. The pay was alright, and there are plenty of roles to get into. They hire internally as well so once you go in you are treated to a plethora of different roles.

Pros

Treated as like as a part of family.

Cons

Breaks are short.

Inconsistent hours and low pay.

I wouldn't bother... typical big business with no loyalty towards ANY workers. No matter how well you do your job you lose out toward favoritism. They prefer "yes men" rather than anyone who actually has something to say. Management were on par with a used car salesman... all smiles, while contributing nothing worthwhile.

Pros

Cons

Everything... work every weekend, quick turnaround on shifts, low pay, supervisors having favorites, zero job stability.

Great company to work for overall

Marriott international has great benefits and people that work there just care. you get a generous hotel discount that I have used numerous times and its great! Only downside is that if you work at a big hotel like I did it could become a little overwhelming and you can burn out quickly.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

could be overwhelming if you work at a big hotel

Was good when hotel was owned by Marriott...

Workplace was decent, but hours were long at times. Upper management was not very helpful, but kitchen supervisors were pretty helpful for the most part.

Change for the worst, no longer about caring about associates needs

I loved the camaraderie between manager and associates. My manager did what she could to answer our questions, give us training and tips where needed, and options to be promoted. The hours were great and some overtime options were provided. After the merger and pandemic, work life balance was no longer there. My manager left the company. Management now is different. It’s now about your call handle time, QA, and constantly working. So many associates aren’t feeling like the company is truly for them and are leaving left and right. Pay could be better, but no raises due to pandemic. Schedules are back to seniority rather than how well you’re doing.

Pros

Work from home, paid time off, emergency hours, benefits

Cons

Work life balance, schedule, lack of oversight

Very good learning experience

Can grow in this company. Willing to work with employees if you a emergency within your family. Teacher in class will work with you until you understand their program.

Pros

Care about employees

Cons

System

Coworkers and cultural is what make it great

Work life balance comes with seniority. Management isn't always the best but I guess that's everywhere you go. Stress level is often more high then low. Hustle and bustle is nice but sometimes calm is needed and that's rare.

Pros

Pay is fair depending on location

Cons

Work life balance

Good training,

They were very patient for slow learners gave ample time for training. Always had mentors on floor to help.good place to work for. Had a really nice break room.

Pros

Had overtime a lot that was nice

Cons

Really didn’t have any

Active support team

This is the first place I've worked where the managers and support team really showed up AND helped. I felt confident that they were going to help me when I fall. Also acknowledge that I was doing better plus give examples. The development here was not something my manager just read on paper or a graph. Theycwere right there with me. Great company, great perks and great morale.

Pros

Hotel discounts, support

Cons

Rotating shifts. If you need a daytime shift you have to bid for it.

Could be better

I felt any advancements were more about who you know rather than what you accomplished. Steady work. Back to back calls. Most of the customer interactions were about average. Some bad calls, but there are more times when there are positive calls to help the day go by fast.

Pros

Good co-workers, steady work

Cons

Low pay. A lot of politics with leadership

Excellent place to work

This is the best place I’ve worked for with a lot of opportunities to keep growing. The only thing I didn’t like as much is work life balance and how underpaid it can be at times when you work more than your position asks for.

Pros

Able to grow professionally

Cons

Underpaid

Too many changes & not for the better

Might be a while before everyone gets on the same page. Systems never work, coworkers are awesome. A lot of the good managers are gone. No consistency

Love it

Best company to work for, they care about you and growing you in every department. They care about the company culture and they care about everyone in the company

Benefits

Cons

No personal time

Banquet Dept.

Zero room for advancement.The senior captains are the worst.The staff that's on salary do not mingle with the hourly.When Covid hit they let 95% of the servers go and the severance packs were a slap in the face for the ones that did get them.

Pros

Flexible with your schedule.

Cons

The captains feel entitled because they have been there a long time

Fun place

Beautiful place to work at. Amazing benefits and discounts. Each day is a different environment, you’re actually next to the river walk so you will never get bored.

Fun place to work

Overall enjoyed working at Marriott. Due to Covid19 our Customer Engagement Center closed. Leaving all of us out of work. I really Loved working for Marriott so I am saddened by this. I Hope in the near future things pick up enough to start re-opening the call centers.

Pros

Free food alwayssss!!!

Cons

Short breaks' and the pay could be better.

So much interaction with the world. #worldclass

First of all, you get paid every week. Benefit package makes up for a few more dollars. Relocation, advancement, training, etc are all perks of the Marriott experience.

Pros

Weekly pay, benefits

Cons

Shifts, employee shortage

Overtime is offered all the time

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Marriott International, Inc. is good I have no complaintsPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. were reasonableJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Marriott International, Inc., I think I could have made it into a career but I movedManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are wonderful and very helpfulCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Marriott International, Inc. is fun that all I will say it was funOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. awesome

productive learning environment

most days are simple same old same old, offers great overtime on busy week/months. Management always ready to teach those who are showing strong effort, passion & drive. work culture is enjoyable communication is key. the hardest part is in laundry most days start to blind together as you are in the back. most enjoyable is that management is always making sure im/us/team mentally okay

Pros

great team

Cons

days blind (no real cons)

Plenty of work, inclusive culture

if you are motivated you can upgrade to higher positions rather quickly, you are given the opportunity to prove yourself and get promoted. Inclusive culture, good benefits. As with most major employers could be some office politics and favoritism floating around

Pros

plenty of work, inclusive culture

Cons

Office politics as most large employers

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • San Antonio, TX
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?