Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Growth

Front desk was pretty relaxing at my current hotel (union property with over 350 rooms). Although it was a fast pace, I like the fast my 8 hour shifts went by fast.

Pros

promotions, free meals, seniority

Cons

non union properties might ask you to work outside your job duties, rude housekeepers, seniority might be flawed

good benefits/ 1 free meal a day

By working in a large Hotel chain, you must be flexible to work any shift. Hotels are operating 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.Vacations and time off as well as scheduling is by seniority. You also must be able to work weekends and holidays. MUST be available to work overtime.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

schedule and work hours

soulless company

zero heart, corporate machine. rarely promoted internally, virtually impossible to move up even if you have the highest accolades. been compared to old boys club.

Productive and Fulfilling

Hotel Sales is both demanding and fulfilling. There is a lot of time spent engaging and earning client trust, and educating yourself while educating them. It can be stressful at times, but always rewarding in the end.

It’s great

Recommend working for marriott Great trading Easy to transfer to other marriotts Easy to move up the corporate ladder Is you choose Company stocks Profit sharing Medical benefits

great place. great pay. very fair

food & beverage director is a great guy and has gotten me on some nice gigs. flexible hours. fun people and events. Beautiful historic building to work in.

productive atomsphere

Typical day at work would involve daily meetings with all the hotel departments and we would talk about our daily goal for the day followed by a game of some sort for interaction with our other employees that we do not see daily.

Marriot is a great company to work for but you need a very strong, honest, leader!

I love working for Marriott! The benefits are great & the low prices on hotels with a variety of options is amazing! The only thing I would change is new management, they consistently change them so it causes dysfunction.

Pros

Health benefits & discounted rooms world wide

Cons

Constantly having new managers & management not being consistent.

Worked a lot of overtime

I worked at the front desk, for all hours. Overnight, AM and PM. During the time I worked at the Five Star Hotel, we were full staff, but I was asked to move to the Overnight. I learned a lot, but I had no day life or night life. I had to also work 10+ hours per shift, money was great but I was always working. Perks are awesome, the pay was good and the benefits wasn't that bad.

nice

Working at this company will give you good benefits, however the blood, sweat and tears that go into this job made it not worth my time. There's almost a slavery mentality that goes along with the seniority culture that is there. The union has bred an entire generation of laziness. And if you value your work ethic or are new to the company and low on the totem pole that means YOU will have to pick up their slack. Supervisors and management just go along with it because making employees accountable is too much involvement for their taste. My advice is to find a more respectable airline in order to receive the same, if not better benefits without the politics.

Great company, great benefit, great managers

almost 90% of the management and employees are customer service expert, great team player and works treat each other like family, Outings, treats, programs that management prepares for employees help with the conservation and profit along with employees earn extra income on top of their salary. great managers, help and supportive with employees' desire for promotion. great health benefits

Productive and team working together workplace

1, Welcomed guests and accommodated them effectively and politely. 2, Prepared tables for service, including setting up items such as napkins, utensils, and glassware. 3, Team working together. Thank you Marriott Hotel gives me such a wonderful work experience.

Work life for Lucille

Show up with a smile, do my job the way I should and how I would want to be treated. Make everyone happy and welcomed and show that I want to be there everyday to assist and put a smile on everyone's face.

Great place to work.

Overall a great place to work. Busy depending on booking from sales department. Very busy on the high season and slow in the summer time. After holiday seasons are slow.

Pros

Great enviroment

Cons

Busyness very dependable on companies around the area, most of the times.

w hotel is a bad hotel to work for

marriott isn't a bad company to work for its just this hotel and the executive committee. the leadership doesn't care about fostering a team work environment or creating a support system for middle management to grow and advance.

Pros

Cons

executive management

Professional Environment

Overall good environment. GM was a bit autocratic in approach and leadership. Other department heads were professional and had a clear understanding of their roles.

Awesome

Loved all the skills I learned and the Leads were great! I was lightweight sad when the strike was over but happy that the permanent employees got what they deserved and got back to work!

Great Company with lots of room for growth

This is an excellent company to work for. They offer many different career choices as well as oppurtunities in other states and countries. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great career.

Pros

Discounted Rooms

Cons

Short breaks

Life of Marriott after buying out Starwood

I was working for the Starwood before Marriott bought out the brand. Under the Starwood brand work was more comfortable. Your managers tended to care, rooms were ready, we had enough facilities to call ourselves a luxury property. After the messy merger with Marriott we lost a lot of departments and prices from rooms to restaurants raised to ridiculous amounts. It became embarrassing to offer a guest a standard room that had a view of a brick wall for around 300-400 a night. Transitioning over to a new computer system was lack lust and very confusing when your own Management team has no idea on what works and how to use it. Before Marriott working for the Starwood brand was amazing we treat our guest like family instead of a number

Pros

pay, union, Pto, benefits

Cons

under staffed, work hours, management, Pricing, work/life balance

Passionate Talent, eagerness to grow

Marriot as a company is a great well managed employer. I especially enjoyed working for the Ritz Carlton. However working for the W hotel brand has left a bad taste in my mouth, with an overall lack of passion from the union talent and a weak executive committee the hotel left much potential to be desired.

Pros

The Ritz Carlton

Cons

W Hotels

Buen ambiente laboral

Un buen trabajo ,buen hambiente, y me gusta hacer una trabajo impecable,para los nuevos huéspedes

Pros

Buenos beneficios

Cons

Ninguno

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • San Francisco, CA