Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Good place to work and great benefits

I enjoyed working there, an excellent place to work with great benefits. There are opportunities for advancement. Working in a hotel the hours are not consistent so prepared for that.

Bad upper management

Very ego driven management. People who have never worked your job tell you how to do it. We had pointless town hall meetings. Nothing changed. Complaints not listen too.

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Cons

Poor management

Fun and enjoyable workplace

Staff and management team is great to work with. Everyone treats you like a family member. One thing I really enjoyed was interacting with guest and able to assist them to make their stay more comfortable.

Busy and fun

Overall I love working for this company. Your advancement is only limit by yourself, if your willing to be open to new things and places there is always an opportunity to grow.

Pros

Free lunch, meeting new people.

Cons

individual people, whether its customers or employees that can be a problem, the company itself is not an issue.

Productive Work Environment and Extremely Friendly

Meet new people everyday who stay at the hotel. Very flexible and understanding when it comes to scheduling. Great location to possibly see celebrities. Great management and staff in every branch of the hotel.

It was ok.

I really liked it when I first started out, but as time went on we had guests who all felt entitled with their Marriott Rewards Status from Silver to Platinum. They all thought they deserved the world handed to them on a silver platter.

what with the food

they starving us and we are in usa what a lost of understanding I wonder why they put this place not organized but it been a long since I have their all Marriotts need a piano and hand out money

Great Job

I really loved this job. It was a great team to be a part of - fast pace, competitive, working together, and supporting one another as well as supporting different teams.

Pros

Free food, Benefits, Great People

Cons

No cons

Very good Place to work

A good place to work and friendly environment. Poor Management, decision making and lack of communication on managing staff to co-department managers.

Parcel 104 restaurant front of house

high quality expectations and experiences. Always on your feet. Constant communication with front of house workers and the back of house workers. The respect for the exceptional talented chefs are amazing.

Great adventure while living in California, but extremely happy to be back home in Vegas

I enjoy making a connection with every guest and strongly believe my product knowledge is what made the clientele enjoy my table side manner. Parcel 104 brought many opportunities of education from management to vendors providing a enjoyable opportunity for all staff. Management is the key to a successful running machine from front of the house to the back of house. I had to think real hard at answering the hardest part of the job and only thing I could say was dealing with coworkers that made it difficult day in and day out with negative attitudes. I enjoy my life and feel very blessed with my family so that makes me enjoy every day.

Pros

Great customers, awesome money and selling award winning wine list.

Cons

Kitchen timing

good job

I have always been very blessed at all my jobs. When I started working for The Westin Hotel, i did not have any experience working overnight as a hotel operator. they gave me the training and the opportunity to learn something new.

Marriott

Marriott is a great company to work for. It is no suprise that they are the #1 hotel company in the world. I ook forward to staying at Marriotts and possibly working for them again.

Fun place to work, with multi culture and great support

A typical day at work for me was to meet and exceed internal and external guests exception by providing support to my team . In addition , creating an environment where individual could give 100% participation to achieve the department goal,which I find out with motivation and recognition team will reach their objective goal ,

Pros

Recognitizing staff by samply mentioning their name at staff meeting

Cons

The benefit that the company is offering

A good place to work

The work is a demanding and requires attention to itemize. work as my colleagues is good and always learn something new.

Fun workplace with great benefits

My time at the Marriott was well spent. It is a great place to work with great benefits. The Marriott really knows how to take care of their employees. I worked in a sports bar, and sports are a passion of mine, therefore that was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. I was able to connect with people from all around the world and talk to many different people a day. The staff I worked with was very pleasant and was always there to help. We worked together well as a team to ensure it was a great work environment.

Nice company

Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering and Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms. Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items Make beds and fold terry. Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order. Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances. Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings. Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway Stocks and maintains Housekeeping carts and storage rooms Cleans break room, guest laundry, vending and other areas as assigned.

accomodation. banquet services.buffet services

also employs different culture of people.a nice place held a meeting

Pros

also offer a good benifet

Cons

short breaks also

Absolutely a great place to work.

Different cultures and lots of people who truly care about the work that is making a stay enjoyable for the guests.

Very Active, challenging, and great organization

The Santa Clara Marriott was a challenging and rewarding experience. It gave me the perspective of how to work with budgets to perform facility maintenance and implement capital expenditure plans for property improvements and over all maintenance with assets already on the property. I learned about LEED programs and through Schneider Electric University Courses I was able to gain a better understanding of how electrical costs were distributed to the end commercial user and charges, as well as update my Pump Repair skills in my journeyman status. There was never a day to go into work that I had nothing to do, a very high paced environment that demanded continuous preventive maintenance and repair throughout the hotel including but not limited to 759 guestrooms, 24 ballrooms and boardrooms, 2 restaurants, pool and spa, 2 fitness centers, 9 boilers, 3 hot water storage tanks, 65 AC units, a 70 ton chiller, 2 emergency diesel generators, a diesel fire pumps, miles of fire main system piping and components, and all maintenance contracts required for work to be performed beyond my staff capabilities. As the Department Head I worked with all the of management team, department heads, and executives in order to execute work that needed to be performed with the least amount of impact to a departments productivity.

Pros

Free lunch, Marriott online store, 401k, medical, dental, ecampus courses for education

Cons

Too much afterhour work

Excellent place to work if you are satisfied with being stuck where you are from the moment you begin.

Upon arrival everything must be set up to facilitate greater customer service with less delays and more focus on the customer. I learned that hard work is well rewarded in the customer service industry. Management was willing to work with me to enable me to make as much as possible on the busy nights and give me the slow ones off however when it came to requesting time off for school it was like water on a duck's back. My co-workers were some of the best people I have met in my life, ever-helpful and happy to assist any request at all. The hardest part of the job was realizing that although the money was great, I was forfeiting my education for a position that upon arrival had a glass ceiling. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with everyone I crossed paths with be it customers or co-workers.

Pros

Free lunch and the best benefits I have ever bore witness to.

Cons

It was a good boys club, if you're in with management you're set.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Santa Clara, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?