Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ

Found 127 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Front-desk associate position was great, but it probably depends on location

I worked as a front-desk associate at a Marriott-managed Townplace Suites location. The job is not too demanding once you get a feel for the routine. My location was not particularly high-volume, so there were many additional tasks I was asked to perform that weren't necessarily typical for a front desk associate, but overall I loved my time there. My co-workers and management team were pretty great, but I would imagine that the entire opinion of this position could change drastically if those aspects were different.

Pros

Steady routine

Cons

Unpredictable guests, mediocre pay, varied hours

Loved It!

I worked for this company for about 7 years and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was always friendly and willing to help if you ever needed it! It is in a great location as well.

Marriott International - the best career for 33 years! Its been a wonderful journey!

Its been a wonderful journey! I love what I get to do and the people I get to work with and meet everyday! If you don't want a job and you want a career - Marriott is the company for you!

Pros

Longevity, endless opportunities

Good place for experience

Management left a sour taste in my mouth after re-opening during the pandemic. They left us high and dry... When we came back to work they expected more for the same amount of pay.

Pros

Discounts on rooms

Cons

Short breaks, no free food

When I was training under management, they really watched out for me and made sure that I was taken cared of

I worked under a new environment and it was challenging at first. I was able to create relationships with my bosses. They were able to train me and made sure I understood what I was working with.

Pros

management

Cons

Fun workplace with great coworkers

Fun workplace with great coworkers but not many opportunities to get promoted and general managers don't really care about the staff unless they need their reviews to get better so they give you gift cards once every two years.

Pros

Work schedule, Pto

Cons

Very few opportunities to get promoted.

Pretty good job - not the best but it's a good placeholder

Job was easy and simple to catch onto. Training was all computer based which is useless. Coworkers make or break the workplace. Having good communications set up between the different departments is a must. The only systems they allow you to use go down sometimes (more often than they should). You will get yelled at by guests for things out of your control. You will have to deal with all complaints. You will have to deal with drunks if bars are nearby. You will have to deal with homeless people sneaking in to sleep in the corners of the hallways. You will have to deal with people going against rules like smoking in the rooms or pooping on the floors. If your coworkers are fun and dependable, as well as your management, you will enjoy it better. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because the management team felt like friends and looked after us to the best of their ability and my coworkers were all great people. The only reason I am leaving Marriott in the near future is because I'm sick of dealing with self-entitled guests. So the job itself is really nice, but the customers are trash.

Pros

Discounts at hotel stays

Cons

Self-entitled guests

Excellent First Job

Starting your first job as a front desk agent is a great way to get started, especially at Marriott hotels. They offer a great amount of customer interaction and experience crucial for succeeding in other jobs. More than just a build in career skills, marriott connects you with people all over the world, either through other coworkers or the many business travelers and groups that come through the doors. Hotel jobs are a great way to get your career started, but be prepared to have bad days and horrible customer experiences on occasions

Fun and passionate work environment

Working at Marriott's W hotel was exciting and inspiring. From bottom to top management, everyone was very welcoming and always willing to help. I learned how to be creative and how to think outside of the box when dealing with guest requests.

Pros

Free lunch, a lot of opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

No employee parking

Pretty positive experience

It's a big company - Lots of personality types. My first manager was amazing, and helped other to succeed. Current manager wants to hold on to every employee, and not let them move up. Pretty discouraging. But the company is great to work for. Better place for young people to start then for someone with experience to move into.

Hospitality

Poor pay, non-existent reviews and raises, terrible benefits. What else is there to say? Nights, weekends, holidays, it's all here. Fine if you need a job, not something I'd ever recommend long term.

Prioritize profit over food quality and guest experience

In my time working at a Marriott property I watched as the standard of food and service fell by the wayside to increasing profits. Menu items were slowly replaced with inferior products while keeping the same menu prices.

Hospitality

Helping guests around the hotel and making their stay as comfortable as possible. Fixing any issue with their stay to make sure they leave happy and return as much as possible

Great place

I worked at the Westin for 4 years and really enjoyed working there. The job was exciting, fast paced and I was able to create memorable experiences for resort guests.

Its a job, nothing special about it.

I only worked here for a short amount of time before coming to find that the staff at this location were completely unreliable, unprofessional, and not supportive of advancement in the company.

Review

Day to day operations, scheduling, P&L, payroll. Marketing seasonally for special events. Weekly training with staff on new items and continued education. Inventory and additional new products.

Not micro managed

I have been working the the Westin for over 6 years. Before that I have two years at the Down Town Sheraton so that is a total of 8 years. I recently found out that a new hire is hired at 13.50 and that is just as an agent. Dispatch has more responsibilities,I have been 6 years and I work the overnight shift which should have differential pay. But I only make 57 cents more than that person.

Productive fun place to work

I served and bartended there so I was always getting to meet new people and that aspect of working there was nice. The thing I learned there was how to empathise with people

Excellent mentor

My general manager was simply amazing - she provided a warm family solid culture, her expectations of the department heads were high but it only made us succeed and expand my growth even further.

Pros

Transfer opportunity

Good benefits

I enjoy working for the company because of the benefits, and it is really interesting working in a place where you can try so many different job opportunities and see where you want to go.

Excellent

Scottsdale team awesome group to work with. met all daily, monthly goals Great perks, supported all hotels domestic and international Friendly staff

Pros

Hotel discount

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Scottsdale, AZ