Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Found 74 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Nice for a server position in the restaurant

The management was kind when I worked there and the environment was well maintained (it is a hotel). The food was outstanding, but when the crowds came in for meetings and especially the cruise ships it felt a little like the wild wild west.

Pros

Free shift meals and staff were pleasant.

Cons

Evening shifts could run from 5pm till 10:30pm or 2am. You never knew how busy it would be.

After covid everything been changed

There is no an chance for growth in this company. I star working for Marriott in 2017, since then, I asked many times my manager to send me for trainning, but he never did. I went and took a boiler license and took class and they did not want to pay for it. Almost all benefit are useless except room discount. 401k is a joke. Online trainning is a joke too. I have cto-worker who has all qualification and tried to move to a higher leve, but they did not give that position. On of The supervisors in our hotel told me "it is not abou how much you know, it is about how you know in this company."

Pros

Room discount

Cons

Everthing

Great team

Good team and management, work schedule was fairly flexible. Workload was sometimes overwhelming and job was stressful at times. Working during a time where we were transitioning under Marriott was hard, and there were new processes in place that were ineffective, but ultimately out of anyones control.

Pros

free lunches, hotel discounts, location

Cons

low compensation

Good position for starting your hotel career

You can learn a lot for career advancement. Basic benefits included. You have a strong support system that will help you. Coworkers were great and treated everyone with care

Allowed to make mistakes and explained how to fix them without feeling put down or not good enough.

Get to work never felt like someone was watching the time clock making sure you were on time, discuss with shift leader ending their shift anything important to know about during the day. Check and walk through area being supervised. Make sure everyone is in on time and ready for work check in with staff making sure everything is okay. And do closing paperwork at the end of the night.

Pros

After showing yourself as a hard and dependable employee freedom, responsibility and trust.

Cons

If you don’t speak up, you might be asked to work long hours and many different shifts to help if understaffed.

Can be fun to work there at times, but management lied about advancement

The W can be a fun place place to work, but you can be worked very hard at times. At times you might be the only bellhop there and there might be hundreds of bags to deal with. The tips were actually really good in the beginning but diminished after a while. At certain times of year you can actually make a lot of tip money, which is nice because base pay is minimum wage. When I was hired management assured me that I would have advancement opportunities, but when management was changed the kid I was training obtained the position I was promised. Overall not a bad place to work if you don't working extremely hard for perhaps very little tips and maybe never getting a promotion.

Pros

Good tips at certain times of year

Cons

minimum wage, little chance of advancement

Great Workplace

Great place to work! Fantastic company! There are no boring days, everyday is different! The only drawback working in the operations end is that vacation days are our biggest work days :) It's not bad they pay fairly and the company really cares about it's employees.

Very clique like work space, lots of gossip in the office

Gossip in the office, felt like no space to grow and constantly was understaffed. Managers leave for long periods of time and are hard to contact during working hours. Doesn't feel like you are given the tools to succeed.

Pros

Free cafeteria lunches during certain hours

Fun team

I'm sure this changes from property to property, but my team was a very close family. They always gave us feedback and taught the best practices for every kind of situation.

Friendly and nice ambiance to work

They will help u to grow in ur career and really enjoyed working cuz they nice and friendly and they care about the employee.... very nice bosses and friendly co workers

Be careful of franchisees

Horrible GM and then owner turned hotels over to his daughters and their husbands. The son in law I dealt with was arrogant, dismissive and simply weird. Taking me into his hotel room to discuss hotel business and mentioning his underwear. Uncomfortable at the best. GM surrounds himself with young gullible women, if you question anything...look out!

Corporate company is good

Corporate managed hotel are good to work for. Franchise hotels need to be checked carefully. Good training. Chances good for advancement. Managers are for the most part very helpful.

Good company but slow advancement

Whan I started my employment it was a Starwood Company then purchased by Marriott. The transition a fairly smooth. Good job security but advancement was was difficult. All others I was working with were great people however there were many managers that were constantly changing. The idea of embracing change was a healthy concept.

New owners are affecting services

Starwood International owned Westin Hotel. When Marriott took over, quality and staffing declined. Level of products and services has suffered. I would keep my position, but we are unable to staff appropriately.

Union vs Non Union Workplace

For myself, a union hotel is a lot different and less desirable place to manage associates. New laundry washers were purchased and did make it a lot better for hotel production.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, not appreciated, union

N/a

It was a very fun place to work at the manager are nice and understanding my coworkers were always helpful we would have our monthly lunch in to see how we approved

Marriott

Front Desk Agent and Night Auditor 5/2011- 7/2013 – Hersha Hotels (Franchise Management) Springhill Suites & Residence Inn by Marriott, Williamsburg, VA Duties includes front desk operations AM, PM and Audit Shifts. Responsibilities includes registering guests, making reservations, preparing daily reports, balancing transactions. To problem solve and resolve guest issues that arise. Respond to emergency situations. Assist with group sales reservations. Ensures all charges of the day were posted to the appropriate guest folio.

Its nice work environment and we work as teams.

I learn different culture,customs, even some words in different language, I' learn a lot very excited interesting, but the hard part about the job, we work as few peoples, it make us little tire.

Funny workplace and friendly employees and management

I like the work with Marriott Company family. We have good management team and I have friendly co-workers. I'm dining room attendant at the hotel's restaurant and I work with best friends.

a great place to work

I honestly loved working for the Marriott. Everyone was a part of the greater good and helped each other with any task that needed to be done to guarantee client satisfaction

Pros

free lunches, always someone to help you

Cons

long hours...if something had to be done late, stay late

Advancement Options

Easy job with a high turnaround. The options for advancement are there but they don't pay very much. Overall I would recommend this place of business.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Seattle, WA