Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Solon, OH

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Cool

Easy job but no advancements and can’t work from home and because of pandemic my hours were cut and have to work on holidays and weekends but coworkers are very nice and managers are nice too

Pros

Discount

Cons

Too much seniority

Don't care about employees and bad management

As long as I've worked here they never tell you nothing you do good always bad , no matter how hard you work bad training no Union so they do whatever they like to you for Marriott to be a top star company Solon Center don't represent that at all management never lead by example not a good place to work if you have a life and family you care about.

Pros

Bad call center don't recommend

Cons

na

OKay place but could be better

Have high demands for a job that has a lot of customer interaction. Pay should be higher for the stress of the customers. If you have to the right manager they are helpful.

Cool Job

The job can be a little bit boring sometimes. After training I felt very prepared to work. The pay is okay, and management is super helpful most of the time.

Pros

management, easy

Cons

boring

The bathrooms were filthy and vending machines expensive.

Go in every day and start taking calls. The hardest part of the job was making a sale because they were booking them online and just had questions.

Pros

Working with other people.

Cons

Dirty call center.

It is fast paced and fun!

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Marriott International, Inc. is careful to consider my life challenges and support my successes.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are fully able to care for me and my family.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Marriott International, Inc., I think that as you grow with Marriott and learn your job you are very secure. Only if you do not care to grow nd learn should you fear for your job. They are very supportive.ManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are seriously interested in their employees becoming the best at their positions, and progressing to new levels.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Marriott International, Inc. is always fruitful. We encourage each other in personal life and with work.OverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. Has been a life expanding journey. It is an experience where my thirst for learning gets a good drink. I am curious, and that is encouraged. I like to serve and meet a challenge with an excellent solution. I love the pace and enjoy the emersion in hospitality. It is a dream job for me.

Family

Due to Covid I had my position dissolved when we restructured. That said I love my center in Solon Ohio and would go back any day they need me. Such a family to belong to!

Pros

PTO and very understanding managers

Cons

Maybe pay

Loved this job

OverallUnfortunately Covid caused me to be displaced. If given the opportunity I would go back to Marriott. Great work life balance. Great pay and benefits. Great management.

Great!

Marriott is wonderful and they are very passionate about helping their guest and making sure that their workers feel comfortable with our work environment.

Great place if you enjoy hospitality!

Marriott is a fantastic Corporation and the benefits are superb. I am pleased with the position I hold currently and see a great career in the hospitality industry.

Diverse

Marriott is a very diverse company to work for. Marriott company was founded on family needs so they are a very family oriented. Marriott’ s pay is comparable for the same job.

Benefits

Training was awesome. Benefits and perks were a plus. I also loved the fact that after thorough training, I was able to work from home. It was great not driving in rush hour traffic.

Good

Good people Nice environment Paid training Advancement opportunities Easy work Team environment Great management U

Cant really set your own hours.

You should be able to keep the same work hours and off days if you want to...one month you might get picked for day shift the next month you might get changed to night shift or 3rd shift.thats the worst part of the job.

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

Unpredictable changing schedule

Working at home

This company always has an issue with their payroll system and employees pay. It is a constant battle with HR regarding your pay. That makes for a very stressful situation when you are not paid for the time you have already worked.

Pros

Working at home

Cons

Pay issues & other departments changing your schedule months later

Great place to work, if you want to end up working at home/great benefits

I liked working at Marriott, the commute just got too far for me to work there and my other job and my other job was more of what I like to do so I choose that one, other than that if I could have worked back at home I would have kept Marriott as well.

Excellent job opportunities

I learned good work culture and management in Marriott are helpful and personal . Good advancement opportunities available too. Will definitely recommend this company to work for

Family business to work for

Helpful environment to work and company really promotes from with in. Classes help with aid to training. Family oriented company. Very nice café for employees to relax and have lunch or dinner.

Pros

Employee discount on rooms

Cons

May not be able to take break at the exact time do to call volume

Great Company - Unhappy About Commute

Great Company, Quick to advance, promote, give raises, however was supposed to result in work from home job which was what had me willing to tolerate the long commute in the beginning until date was pushed further and further back and I was no longer willing to sacrifice the time and money

This company is great with diversity and pay.

I was with this company for 15 years and loved everyday of it. The diversity and flexibility was amazing. I moved away to a new state and with regret had to leave. The 401K options and the stock options were the best I’ve seen.

Options for promotions due to a growing company

Marriott will offer unlimited overtime during peak times, downtime when slow with no pressure. Flexible, floating schedules which gives you more opportunities for vacationing and/or family time. A great place to work!

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Solon, OH