Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Southfield, MI

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Better Than Most

Decent company to work for. Followed policy’s and procedures. Training completion was mandatory for ALL employees. The employee appreciation was huge and the employees and their family looked forward to it.

Pros

Employee appreciation

Cons

Raises

Used to be a really fun place to work.

The worst place to work, Used to be a really nice place to work but management there is horrible. Some people they pick on some people they let get away with everything. Human resources It’s terrible so don’t waste your time working there.

Pros

They are none

Cons

They are none

The manager only care about bonuses

The manager only care about their bonuses. They cut back and penny-pinch on anything they can. They only give you a 30cent raise per year. Besides that the company has great benefits.

Great company to work

benefits; work life balance, compensation hours of operations. Staff friendly room for growth; training, working with the clients and providing them the experience, culture

A positive Job Culture

The Job Culture is what you make it as the General Manager so create a positive productive environment for your team and yourself. This is the only way to help yourself and your team grow and thrive.

Westin/Marriott

My brother work as a manager for the Brand for 10 years...but I want to work until I die for the brand....I just love hospitality. I would do anything to make our guest come back over and over again.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Some coworkers just want the paycheck and care nothing about platinum, gold, or Silver guests

Not appreciated

Appreciate workers and order enough supplies to complete our assignments for the day. Help workers to understand what they need to do to improve. More team work is needed.

Pros

8 hours

Cons

Barely have supplies to complete our assignment.

Decent place to work

The hours are long, but it is very rewarding place to work. The hotel is newly remodeled. The restaurant has some of the best food, along with the new addition of Starbucks coffee outlet.

My Review

Themariott is a great plac to work, you have to be dedicated abd hardworking. If your looking to get more than 40 hours a week youll def. get it there.

Good Job

It was a good place to work. Cool staff, coworkers and free food. There were long days and hours. The overtime was average and the job not so difficult.

A great place to work with genuine people.

I've been at the Westin altogether 8 years, I enjoy working with people and must of all being able to connect and build lasting relationships has been a gift to me.

Pros

Job security is great at the Westin Southfield.

Cons

During our health benefit enrollment for 2018 they took our prescription coverage away:(

exciting location and fun place to work. very professional atmosphere and clean luxury hotel. loved my coworkers and the benefits of the work life balance

productive place of employment

answering phones verifying and making reservations hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of the scheduling and staffing this partular location helped me to learn how to work and deal eith different persoalities

Pros

discount and long breaks

Cons

healthcare

Fun workplace

Good work place ,they are very nice to there workers and they know how to treat you if you get hurt or anything .the boss is also a good person she try to make sure that you have everything you need in order to start your job .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometimes its not enough towels

Productive,fast pase envirement, inthusiastic high volume and ambition!

My experience working for the westin hotel was overall a great experience. Fast paste, outgoing people, very high pase environment! Workin at the westin hotel was a fun learning experience. Hospitality is one of the things i love doing. From stewarding, to banquet serving, too cooking/ chef experience. Really enjoyed working with overall great people who put in hard work to make things so great! Weddings, birthday parties, company lynchings, etc. So i will day overall, workin for the westin hotel / hospitality was AMAZING and will like to experience once more.

Pros

Free luches, 30 minute breaks and two 15 minute breaks

Cons

Poor H.R, careless managment.

It was a fun enviornment

Typical day was cool, learned too interact with guess, management was cool, the hardest part was being able too complete your task for the day. Payday.

Wonderful Job

I loved going to work at The Westin. I was able to talk with people and meet people from all different backgrounds and from all around the country that was coming to visit Michigan.

productive place

Typically, always hot. Very busy. Alot of diverse cultures i've had plenty crazy conversations with some individuals. Big groups of people in an out from different events. I have never heard of them but their activities were astounding. I can tell they had crazy fun from the mess left. I've learn to work faster than i usually do.

productive and fun place to work.

I enjoyed my time here. I learned a great deal, especially in banquets. I think that I definitely made a difference in how these operations run today and would love to work at another hotel in the future.

Pros

Great benefits

oay job

great fast paced job I learned quickly how to get the rooms together in a clean and sanitary matter they trained us well I really liked the job but it was a transportation problem at the time

Westin hotel

The restaurant in the westin hotel is an upscale dining experience where you are served and waited on. Workers there deliver excellent customer service.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Southfield, MI