Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Spartanburg, SC

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

I loved it

I loved working with banquet serving. I didn't like the fact I was out of work for so long if time Great people to communicate with Smiles and greetings

Over sell, under deliver

Since new management came in, sales has out prioritized ordinary functions of the hotel. The sales team may sell out the hotel for a week straight, but won't ensure that housekeeping or food and beverage are adequately stocked to handle the high demands. As a front desk agent I mostly worked entire shifts alone, without breaks. When I expressed my concerns to the District Manager, he brushed them off as being the expected way to run business.

Longtime employee - unhappy

I've worked in 2 Marriott properties at the front desk, but in different capacities, for 7 years. I had to leave my first property because I couldn't afford rent in my city anymore. That was after moving, twice, to get further from downtown in search of cheaper rent. I ended up with an hour commute from my last apartment. Now I live with my parents because I still do not make enough money to afford rent and to pay off my student loans.

absolutely awful management

The Marriott overworks and underpays its employees. Everyone worth anything left because work was so unfair and dramatic. No management support. Hated going to work everyday.

Pros

free starbucks

Cons

awful management

Love the job

management could be better love the hours, love the benefits love what i do. the people and management werent the best we had free lunch everyday love the job hate the management

Pros

free lunch, benefits

Hotel busniess you will have a great experice.

A Typical work day for me is to come in before your event get started. so you can start prep before its time so you can be ready. everybody that is working that event know what everybody suppose to do. The manger tell us what kind of event it is and what is expected of us.

Pros

Free Lunch and Wifi

Cons

everybody have a good experice

Most employees are students.

Most of the employees are students and the pay was low unless you were either a manager or working for tips. Most managers only stay for 2-3 years before moving up in position at another location so things never really stabilize.

Lacking in Management

I've worked here for 3 years and I learned a lot. Moving up and into departments was easy and my team was great. Lacking in a few management areas -would recommend to others who are looking for growth.

Each day new adventure.

I enjoyed working for Marriott. It met all my needs. Management worked with you. The workplace culture is awesome. You learn all the elements of costumer service. Excellent e learning trainings. I found all the work enjoyable.

Pros

Flex Schedule

Productive and Fun Place to Work

A typical day at work is have its highest and lowest depending on how many people will be stay in the hotel. What I've learned is how to understand all types of people, giving me even better communication skills. Management is great, I really do like my staff at work. My co-workers are really nice and since we are here a lot we all have a great bond. The hardest part of my job, is understanding the computer system of the hotel. Ever hotel uses a different system, so it took a while getting use to. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the people. Helping people, and understanding their needs. Building relationships has its perks as well.

Pros

The benefits and networking with different people from all over!

Cons

Short breaks

Productive and Fun work enviorment

I loved working here, I enjoyed to personal connections I made with the guests that I assisted on a daily basis. The professionalism was great and I enjoyed being able to make every guest feel as if they were at home.

Pros

personal connections

family oriented workplace.

I love working for WHI company. The benefits are great and the pay is even better. It can be stressful but only the right person can work in this place. You have to be able to work as a team and understand that this place is very professional. The guests that I have encountered are amazing. The ones that continue to return remember who you are and what you talked about. It felt great to have a relationship with guests like that.

Very good job

setting up rooms, servicing guest needs, providing room needs, resetting rooms for the next day

Productive place to work,excellent supervisor & co-workers

Fortunate to have an awesome supervisor who made sure any questions or concerns were addressed.Learned about hotel maintenance and what it consist of.

job responsabilitys

meeting people job duties work ethics co-workers chance to meet vip guest

Pros

duties

Horrible

I hated it not enough money and you work your but off for nothing

great company

Everyday was a busy day with new and different tasks. It was never a dull moment. I learned so much. I loved the team here.

Great company, horrible hotel.

Just an awful experience working for Marriott. I loved the rest of the people that worked there but had many problems with my department and most came from the manager.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Spartanburg, SC