Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Found 117 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Amazing. Fun.clean.wonderful people guest.team.manngers was extremely wonderful and supervisor was very help ful

I love working there and there team was amazing. And the manager was amazing 2...the pay was great...says off was nice. Great pay friendly staff and great loction... good tips..beautiful place to work for

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Not Bad

This is not a bad company to work for but it really depends on the location. Can be stressful when HK is behind or people have issues with their rooms but they are mostly solvable.

Pros

Lots of downtime

Cons

When the rush comes, its tough

A typical day at work

No complaints, straight forward job in security. Handled calls for service as well as patrolling. If your looking for a job where you can really develop hospitality skills this is the place to be.

Don’t stay too long

Don’t get comfortable always look for ways to advance. Always try to advance, because working the different shifts will cause you to miss important moments in life

Unorganized and ill-prepared

Working at the marriot comes with complications, work overload and lack of management. After being furloughed due to COVID, they made many changes to staff and management which has caused a dissatisfactory shift in service and quality of work. I would recommend looking someplace else for work in Tampa.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, under staffed, long hours/low pay rate

Lots of hours

Always work holidays, usually management is a pain to deal with, some are really control hungry. Never ever plan to be out on time if you work in the evening. Good benefits, good job security, very nitpicky.

Pros

Benefits, lots of hours.

Cons

Just need bodies at night and a paycheck.

Terrible mangers with favoritism in every department .No pension just hotel rooms for life.Worst industry for pay. Lie on their surveys. Favoritisms .

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Terrible company worldwide

Busy place

Was great working there. Good crew and management. Flexible schedules and slot of team building. Employee appreciation events and competitions. Highly recommend

Pros

Reduced lunches

The work environment is great, Great People working together

Though the wages is not where i would like it to be. I do enjoy the people I work with. they make working fun and welcoming. the company does not separate departments, but place us together to give us the opportunity to communicate and develop a good rapport.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Cons

Scheduling and flexible hours

Highly depends on location

I have only been able to work at one hotel before the pandemic hit, so this is not a good overall picture. I highly did not enjoy my leadership and how they behaved unprofessionally, and this ultimately set the tone for everyone else. While opening a restaurant I got the flu, and had the flu for over a month due to not being able to take time off and staying sick.

Pros

Cheap lunch, not free.

Cons

short breaks, long days, inconsistent days off that can lead to 10-12 day stretches without any days off.

Fun work place

Marriott is an excellent place to work every one is like a big happy family!! And you will make life long friends there .. I am glad I worked there you will be too!!

Pros

Excellent benefits

Excellent company

Marriott is an excellent company to work for. They really appreciate each and everyone of their employees. I loved serving different people everyday, it really helped the job stay interesting.

Learning process

I was able to learn and grow in the Company. It gives everyone the opportunity to change hotels in different states or countries. The company culture is amazing, promoting team work.

The working conditions were excellent, safety always in mind.attended helpful meetings on how to handle difficult customers.

Worked for Marriott courtyard then they recommended me for the airport, TIA. Loved my experience with Marriott, great working conditions,. People friendly,. Great opportunity to make a decent living. Benefits were also great. Would love to work for Marriott again.

Very friendly place to work

Monitored food distribution, ensured meals were delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines for special diets were followed Coordinated communication and managed team execution and standards between all teams to ensure successful events and high customer satisfaction.

Creativity with the work environment, older product to work with

Open door policy, positive workplace environment, good location Challenging to work with an older product at the time and being creative to create a positive guest experience

Great company to learn and grow with

Marriott allowed me to take on new challenges that push me to better myself and grow. The opportunity's that this company brings is unlike any from my previous jobs.

Pros

Endless opportunity's

Buen lugar, con ambiente laboral adecuado

Un lugar agradable para trabajar, con mejoras dentro del propio trabajo.

Productive place to work with room for growth

Marriott is such a loyal and great company to work for. We specialize in making sure the guest feels 100% at home- especially with being an extended stay, we try to accommodate all guest needs.

Should have never left Marriot

Great people to work for lots of training got done friendly people to work with and for good pay and I miss being part of them also like making our guest very happy and keeping the building up to standard s

Great place to work. Marriott provides the opportunity to deliver customer service to all guests. If you enjoy working with people, making new connections and making people happy, this is the job for you.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Work life balance

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Tampa, FL