Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Found 241 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

There r Marroitt every where

I love working for this company Marroitt been there for 32 years would still be working if not for covid 19 and the hotel has close will be looking to work at another Marroitt soon

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I’ll break was only 30 minutes

Excellent company culture.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. An extensive amount of areas for growth. Management is accommodating. The training there can be used practically in all areas of your life

Pros

Career advancement. Loyal company. Company Culture

Cons

Long Hours

One of the best place to work

Fun place to work you can always move around and transfer to other locations easily Crosstraining to other department You can always go to different location to help out

Pros

Free lunch reasonable parking free dry cleaning

Strong company values

I loved working with the team at Marriott. I didn’t like the outside advancement instead of promoting within but al in all great company to work for when you’re under the right leadership.

Pros

Benefits and hotel discounts

Cons

Direct management sometimes inexperienced

Productive Workplace

Productive Workplace with excellent managers who care about their employees. Everyday is different; so this offers a change of pace. Company works with your schedule requirements as long as it doesn't conflict with business demands.

Pros

Good Health Care and good managers

Cons

24/7 business; requesting off holiday time depends on business

One big family

Marriott was a fun company to work for. I had the pleasure of working fort them for over 5 years. I worked at one of their flagship hotels in Washington D.C.

Pros

Everyone is enthusiastic and fun to work with

Cons

Union versus non union properties

Wonderful Culture

The positive Marriott culture and standards starts from the top executives and continues through property level management and associates through everyone’s buy in. Marriott fosters growths, encourages new and innovative ideas and celebrates all levels of associates. Through Marriotts steadfast, consistent culture and leadership associates feel empowered and hopeful for their future with the company. I feel so fortunate to have worked at various brands including an Autograph collection, Renaissance, W and the flagship brand Marriott Hotels where I was able to learn the unique twist each brand represents while at the same time always getting that same wonderful Marriott culture.

Pros

Culture, standards

Bad General Management. No accountability

There is no accountability for the General Managers. They seem to walk on a cloud. The culture is good, but based on the General Manager. No work/life balance.

Pros

Room Discounts

Cons

No Accountability

Very team oriented working environment

Open door policies, so that you have opportunities to address any issues, concerns, or input with management, and human resources. In my opinion through my experiences working here, verses other corporate type companies, Marriott International was by far one of the best companies I've been associated with.

Pros

Considerably discounted room rates for associates

Great company

Company has a great culture and takes care of their employees. There is ample room to grow into new careers with great training. I would recommend working for this company.

Exciting and Fun workplace

If you love people this is definitely the place to work. Never a dull day or moment working for Marriott. I actually loved my position and the company does take care of their employees, well at least at my property they really did.

Pros

Exceptional packages with benefits

No two days are the same

I enjoy that everyday is an adventure. Even if you are dealing with a long term repeat customer each event has a different challenge. There is also the yearly updates to the hotel building or services that add to the diversity of the day to day.

Pros

Free Lunch and discounted parking

The best job i ever had

I am happy I am working there and thats is the best job I ever had . You have plenty of opportunities if you want to grown. The pay is very good l. The benefits are amazing

Cons

Non

productive and fun workplace

A great work environment and amazing coworkers/leadership, one of the best companies I worked for. Everyone is respectful and helpful. They really care about their associates and they take good care of them.

Fantastic company to work for

Marriott Int'l is a fantastic company to work for - keep in mind if you work at a particular hotel - cultures may vary due to differences in leadership. Overall - the company offers great opportunities for advancement or to explore different disciplines, competitive benefits from a healthcare and 401K retirement saving plan standpoint, and the diversity among associates leads to learning and appreciation of others. They are the leader in the hospitality industry and promote a culture of taking care of associates so they can take care of the guests.

Pros

Discounted hotel rooms

Cons

Hospitality is not for everyone. Must be thick skinned

Trabajo productivo

En esta empresa trabaje más de 15 años de los cuales conocí a gente muy querida lo malo fue q cuando me accidente en sus licaciones me dieron la espalda y con eso mi despido

A place where everyone respect your work and help you grow

There are lot to say about this brand. But in some words, its my pleasure working for this brand. Its already been 6 years I am associated with it and I am sure will continue working till I retire.

Pros

Many

Cons

Very less salary in India

Marriott is the best hospitality company in the world

Marriott is the best place to work. It’s family and I have over 25 years working for the company. Even though I am furloughed now, the company has done right by me.

Horrible

Marriott is a horrible company. They don't care about you. Managers only care about numbers. They want you to get high customer satisfaction scores but they don't tell you it's because senior management gets a bonus if you do. In return you get treated bad if you're not friends with the manager.

Pros

pay is good

Cons

bad place to work

All depends on role

A lot of politics, especially when Marriott family members are being considered and have no job history. Pay is very low, but made up with heavily discounted hotel rooms.

“I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high-quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to love and enjoy my other passions in life,”

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Washington, DC