Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Wichita, KS

Found 219 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Busy environment

Management definitely keeps staff busy and is always looking at the next goal. Management is well intended but sometimes misses the mark. Well compensated for the work i I do

Starwood was amazing... Then Marriott came

I loved my job here for many years. Then Marriott came. No work/home life balance. They do not care about anything but money. Horrible new management and no accountability for upper management. Inappropriate relationships with each other and the associates.

All in all constantly down hill

Furlough no noticeManagment directly doesn't careHas been a constant berrage of callsIt never ends at home ill find my self sometimes answer hey this is anon from marriott how can i help you

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Never a breather well on the clock

Doesn’t care about employees!!’

Been working 5 years 8a-630p & recently had to do a shift bid with nothing but late shifts available.(allegedly based on tenure) How am I tenure & getting a late shift off at 2a!! Incentive bonus is a joke hard to bonus how are you to make bonus for booking rooms if all they are calling for is early check in & if the pool is open! & they really don’t care for your livelihood or mental health! back to back calls all day every day never an end or slow time. Can get a better discount with Expedia than the employee rate! Again back to back to back annoying calls same bulshii! Rudest entitled guest ever! Marriott is the WORST CALL CENTER I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!! THE WORST COMPANY! No support, no time to even breathe between calls You’re just a login number for them they don’t care about their employees at allMore power to you if you try this place

Pros

weekly pay, build up of emergency hours & pto

Cons

Back to back calls, tenure means nothing, no raise, no advancement, sucky schedule! Clueless managers!

Originally it was starwood and a great place but has gone downhill since marriott took over

It used to be a Starwood call center untill of 2018 when marriott took over the company and merged. Now the call center is under marriott and its a mess, No flexibly with work schedules, very stressful management doesnt care. They fire a quarter of there staff one month then have problems being to busy the next 5 months cause no one wants to apply any more.

Pros

Hotel discounts, but hard to use since they are rarely available

Cons

strict call outs, strict management, no flexibility not much room for growth or to spend time with family, rude guest

Since merging with starwood its been downhill.

Everything has gotten worse since the merger and all they care about is money and not their employees well being or health. They work you where you literally can't take a breath between calls. After they layed a bunch of people off they expect us to pick up the slack where they screwed up.

Pros

Cons

Too busy

The only thing good about this company was weekly pay.

Calls are back to back. Hours suck. Some of the supervisors were very rude. No one cares unless you’re part of their little clique . They show favoritism loud and clear.

Pros

Weekly pay

Na

This job started off good when it was Starwood but once Marriott took over it just became a down here battle once covid-19 came in the big play they didn't care about their employees at all no matter how much money we made for them no matter how many years we spent making that company money that's how she just saw like like the waste I wouldn't recommend working here

Good job with great pay

Good place to work. Parking there really sucks and they sometimes dont have enough working computers for all the employess but other than that my manager was amazing so supportive and helpful. They have food trucks around during lunch and the pay is really good with some good bonuses.

Pros

Bonuses, management, food trucks

Cons

Not enough space, only two 15 minute breaks, mandatory OT

easy job

The job itself was easy to learn however the work environment is not ideal or very friendly. There is not great support from management after training it really just depends on you get assigned to.

Great place to work, lots of opportunities for improvement and advancement if you are willing to put in the work. Large company with many departments for relocation.

Management and leads are happy to help

Management and leads are happy to help because everyone starts out in the same position. The hardest part are the guests you have to talk to, it can get pretty stressful. The best part is the relaxed environment everyone is pretty nice to eachother.

Pros

Breakroom has plenty of food to buy, coworkers are nice, management is helpful, benefits for full-time employees

Cons

Some guests are entitled, they want you to keep your call under 6 minutes

Loved my job.

Went into furlough when Covid started. I had seniority,been there for two years,worked myself into the ground because they couldnt keep anyone. Was not asked back,instead they bought back one of our sales managers daughter,who had only been there a year. I wanted to keep my status with the company,so i could move on later on. Management is not fair,they like to only hire family members,which i thought was not professional.

Pros

Discounted rates, i loved my other coworkers.

Cons

No breaks, not enough employees, bad management

Fired for being transgender

Over quarantine I started HRT for my transition and the company claims they are supportive however, before COVID I informed HR that I wad going to begin my transition and I was told that I had to use the women's room until I legally changed my name even after I started HRT which I thought was extremely inappropriate since having me enter the women's room is not going to go well when I have facial hair and a deeper voice. I came back on June 13th and was dealing with personal issues due to the HRT, I spoke with HR again and they told me they would make sure to accommodate to my needs. In late June my mother passed away and I needed time off for bereavement, I brought the needed paperwork and this month I was suspended due to "productivity" for June. Everyone was being brought back in a pandemic under high stress situations and they fired me for lack of "productivity." People are cancelling stays and calling in to verify properties are open before they decide to book, so obviously productivity and sales are taking a toll, I think they just didn't want to accommodate to my needs because Carol in HR is transphobic and they didn't want a lawsuit so they said it was because of my stats for June (a month that was almost half way over when I came back to work, and I was never brought into a meeting with my manager to discuss my stats beforehand).

Pros

Barely any

Cons

Bad managers, terrible HR people, toxic environment

You get discounts on hotels

This was actually a terrible company to work for. They do not care about the customers or their customers needs. They also do not care about their employees. I would not recommend working for this company.

Pros

Discounts on hotels, Great benefits.

Cons

The management is terrible, the appreciation for employees is terrible and the appreciation for customers is terrible.

Fights for you

If you work hard and show you are worth the time they will go to bat for you if needed. Open communication with supervisors and coaches helps them help you with your goals.

I would recommend

It’s a good place to work! I really enjoy my time there. The people are great and easy to talk to. I would recommend staying at one of the hotels to get the experience from both sides.

Pros

Nice people to work woth

Cons

Hard to get off work....

Would not recommend

If you have a medical history I would not recommend working at Marriott. They do have good health care. There is no communication in the Marriott work environment.

Great company

I enjoy my job. It is very challenging yet good palce to learn. Ready for a new challenge. Great people, culture,innovation. Excellent professionalism.

fine for a call center. Not as long term career goal.

For a call center it was alright. The guests calling to make reservations for settle a dispute was easily handled after having worked for a while, you will learn close to everything you can about how things are handled. Everything I disliked was mostly because it was a call center. I’m sure I would have the same experience at a different one. Guests will get angry if the hotel they need is sold out or the price is too high. They will argue that is wasn’t this expensive last year or that they are mad that they can’t get a specific room for their family and they expect you to figure it out. Or they think they are talking to the hotel and then get made when they figure out you are ina c all center. The people you are supposed to escalate to are just as tired of everything as you are. If you have to take off even if it’s months from now you’ll not be garaunteed to get it. You have to submit a request through an electronic calendar , like everything else. If you have a problem R really is only there to settle paycheck and payroll matters. It’s nearly impossible to speak to anyone about issues you have or get a straight answer. It took me literally 5 months to get a new schedule that worked for me. I recommend it if your in college and need late hours for some money or if you have a family and are ok with a call center but never again will I do it

Our company is very diverse and is very warming,

I like this company because it is very inviting. You get to know everyone in the center, from the top to the bottom. We have a famiy feel. Everyone is so willing to help each other. It is one of the best companies to work for.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Wichita, KS