Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Accountant

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

It took a lot for me to move on

I worked for Marriott for many years. If covid never happened I would have stayed until I retired. The time away made me realize the commute was trying on me and I wanted more balance. This is a great company. The pay is fair & you are treated professionally. I would absolutely recommend working for them. I learned so much over my 13 years there.

Pros

The people, the discounts, the benefits

Cons

The commute and long hours sometimes

not awful

Marriott is your typical big corporation who cares more about stakeholders than associates. Overall the property is nice, well kept, and works for what I need.

Learned many thing, Friendly Associates , Caring Department heads, Holy Place, Accommodation, Meals are provided. Slogan WE ARE TEAM. Team work will build good culture.

Very political and biased environment

The merger has added even more approval and red tape to all processes. Decisions take a very long time and technology is outdated. Rather than spending the money up front to invest, the slap a band-aid approach is used which causes information to be unreliable. Opportunity is available within; however, you must apply and interview for every position, including a lateral, no matter how hard or how many hours or how many years you've worked. If your manager does not support you, you are stuck where you are and your only option left is to leave the company, Soon to be ex-employee

Good benefits

I enjoy working for the company because of the benefits, and it is really interesting working in a place where you can try so many different job opportunities and see where you want to go.

Exciting and productive

This is where I made my mark and wanted to further my career in Finance for my future. I developed a passion for this industry and truly loved working with a team and having positive outcomes.

Average

I work for a Franchise of Marriott, therefore I feel that much of the Marriott culture and mission is lost. I would love the opportunity to work for a Marriott Corporate property to truly understand, learn, and value the culture Marriott is trying to bring into the workplace and community.

Great Company

Great company, many benefits. Managers vary from property but with the number of properties relocation is fairly easy. Also jobs at corporate and regional are nice.

Benefits

Poor Management, No Training, High Turnover, Little job Statisfaction

This company overall is a big disappointment. They love to hire from outside the company instead of from with in so if you apply expect to stay in the same position forever or even get demoted if they decide they don't like you or you can't do the position. The company also does not provide the proper training all of the employees need to do their jobs properly. They expect to train for two days to a week and expect you to know everything. Also they have whats called the management team which is the general manager, HR, Controller, and Maintenance so personally I did not feel comfortable expressing any of my concerns because they would tell things to each other and it would only make your job more unbearable. They also preach in there mission statement that there employees is one of there major concerns but in my opinion its the last all this company cares about is its profits hence why high turnover. So in conclusion if you plan to work here expect high turnover, no training, and little job satisfaction.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Management Team, No Training

Excellent work environment and location

Excellent work environment and location. Working meals provided. Excellent management involvement. Full benefits provided. Great opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Free lunches

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Accountant positions
See more jobs

I learned the operations of hotel business. The day started out with a meeting with the sales team and processing there checks for bookings. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the sales team

Workplace Culture

It was very nice to work with people that wanted to be happy. The product is great. Loved to stay at the resorts and hotels. The discounts were great.

Pros

consitant

Cons

old school

Amazing place, amazing people

Amazing place, amazing people. Great schedules. Will recommend this company to work for, they take care of their employees. Great benefits. I wish I was not moving :)

Productive Fun

The best workplace I've ever been associated. Opportunity unlimited domestically and internationally. Learned computer skills,and core vales such as 'doing what we say we'll do' 'value each other' and community involvement.

Enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers very much

It was too easy of a job. I was finished with my work the first week and was bored the rest of the month. There was much advancement opportunities for me there.

Pros

co-workers and supervisor was great. still keep in touch with many

Cons

not much opportunity to advance

Excellent working place with such nice Organisation

Lot of career opprotunties with excellent platform provided by starwood Hotels, such a bnice place to work.Managment is very supportive ,with their excellent Training programs company is effectively fast growing toward its Goals

Pros

Excellent

Cons

nothing

The worest managemnt to work for is the Palce Hotel Accounting Departement

I was working with Poor Finance manager who needs anger management training. the Employee are fun to work with when the Finance Manager's not there.

Pros

the benefits are great. I love working for Starwood hotels and resorts but not for "PALACE"

Cons

working under a lots of pressure with the manager who doesn’t have constant personality.

Very Busy Office

My typical day was answering the phone and doing lots of paperwork. I learned a lot about taxes and dealing with people long distance.

Well rounded company with great intentions

Great company to work for with lucrative learning experiences an leaders with your best interest at heart. I enjoy the great working environment and look forward to future opportunities.

Ok

typical day at work •what you learned - COULD HAVE LEANT MORE •OK management GOOD co-workers •the hardest part of the job - LONG HOURS •PEOPLE -the most enjoyable part of the job nO growth opportunities

Pros

Ok

productive and hospitable

good benefits good moral structured many opportunities to grow and move up

Pros

cafeteria available, benefits, international

Cons

hourly wages low

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Accountant