Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great way to start a career

Lots of training to improve in next role. Lots of resources to advance self and career. Lots of team outings and team work workshops. A place where you can be yourself.

Productive, incentives o growth as a professional

Best company to work for. This company care for every associate. I will go back to work at Marriott International as well as I am working for my family.

Pros

Free lunch

Great benefits! The health insurance, the room discounts, the salary...Can be difficult to be promoted if you are not part of the clic.I think that it used to be better but the company culture changed.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Hard to get promoted, a lot of bad managers

Productive Workplace

Productive Workplace with excellent managers who care about their employees. Everyday is different; so this offers a change of pace. Company works with your schedule requirements as long as it doesn't conflict with business demands.

Pros

Good Health Care and good managers

Cons

24/7 business; requesting off holiday time depends on business

It’s a Stable Company to Work

I like the stability and possibilities for growth. The pay is subpar and sometimes they will hire outside the company and pay them more which is unfair. You have a better chance of higher pay from coming in from outside the company rather than being promoted or working in one position for a long time. Good coworkers and allow flexibility in scheduling to accommodate personal time.

Pros

Schedule, Pto, coworkers

Cons

Pay, Promoting from Outside the Company

Great benefits and inclusived workplace, management can be a little disorganized.

Great hotel stay discounts/benefits and inclusive workplace, management can be a little disorganized. Insurance benefits were not great as an hourly associate.

Pros

Lunches provided. Hotel discounts.

Cons

High turn around and disorganized management.

Room for growth

Working with Marriott there is a lot of room for growth. I started at the front desk and quickly worked my way up to the sales office with the support from my former manager and GM.

Marriott puts employees first with great room for advancement.

Marriott believes if they take care of their people they will take care of their guests. They back it up with great benefits and an inclusive culture. It's fun to work here. We have the tools we need and people are very collaborative.

Pros

Great benefits, great people

Cons

can't think of any

Great environment, friendly associates

work with various sales and marketing teams, workplace culture is great, constantly busy. get to meet old and new guests, get along great with co-workers.

Pros

Work in Ko Olina, great environment

Cons

n/a

Largest Hospitality Company to Work For in the USA

Marriott International is the largest hospitality company to work for here in the USA. My favorite work perks are the travel benefits - associates get an amazing discount off hotel rooms and some F&B, spa and retail outlets onsite. Associates are also offered great discounts on car rentals, show tickets, retail merchandise, etc. I love the fact that Marriott offers free rooms for life once you achieve your 25th work service anniversary with the company. Working for the above property/shared service corporate division, I also get to take advantage of the Brilliant Points system which allows me earn incentive points to redeem for various rewards from an extensive catalog. I have loved every team I have worked with and had great leadership support throughout my career as well. I definitely recommend working under Marriott as you can receive a lot of great benefits, not just for travel but also for medical, health, and life insurances and retirement options.

Pros

Great associate travel benefits, medical/health/life insurance coverage, retirement options, associate discounts on car rentals & show tickets etc., our CEO Arne Sorenson is truly amazing and quite the inspiration as well

Cons

Wish I was getting paid more, always felt shortchanged compared to fellow associates doing same job but get paid more, also wish we were being given Disaster Relief pay for COVID 19 layoffs

Friendly Environment

Learn to perform with excellence every day. Very good opportunity to keep growing in this industry, and the best teamwork I ever had. Excellent benefits.

Good Environment but pay could be better

A typical day at work is in the office and at the computer. Managers are not really in the office so you're your own boss for the most part which is good. Pay could definitely be better.

Great Place to Work

Great Place to Work, loads of opportunity and benefits. Pay is fair, the discounts you receive are very well suited, room for growth is amazing and the connections you make are invaluable.

Good place to work at awesome benefits

I have been working for Marriott for almost 15yrs. Good place to work at, good benefits. Diversity is big, awesome place to meet new people & cultures.

Would never work for them again

The management do not care about their employees. I was repeatedly bullied by a supervisor and when I reported it, nothing was done. It was so stressful I had to take a leave of absence. When I came back, the bullying continued so I had to leave. I was never given an exit interview nor did anyone from hr or management ask why I was leaving. I have worked in call centres for 20 years and this one is by far the worst.

The culture is awesome u just need to be cautious as to where you find yourself within the organization

Awesome people to work with. Culture is great but certain management is not cool. I found myself integrating easily with the people as they were lovely. Management depending on where you find yourself within the organization is lovely but do but not everywhere. overall my experience w

Good

Huge company if seeking to grow with company, many different departments to choose from kitchen, office, recreation, housekeeping, spa, maintenance, and more. Awesome discounts

I am proud to work for Marriott

The Marriott brand has certainly proven why it is the #1 hotel brand in the world. I have an amazing team and wonderful management that has supported me and encouraged me to grow inside of the company. I started as a Front Desk Associate and promoted to a Front Desk Lead and now I am the Administrative Assistant as well as Accounts specialist.

a rich and wonderful experience

Personaly I really did enjoy my work period with the company, i think if I did continue with the company i would have learn so many things and build even strong career last but not least if i would choose a company to continue work for it would be Marriott.

i loved my job

I worked for Starwood at this and I absolutely loved my job, my team members and management. It was a place of real collaboration with all hotel departments

Pros

discounts

good work environment

I worked in the sales office and loved it. all of my coworkers and managers were very nice and always willing to help. there is a lot of growth opportunity and managers will help you get to the next step if you ask for there help.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Administrative Assistant